Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,141,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Agreed. Where do people like him think government would be if no one was self employed, or ran a business and no one had a job? There would be no taxes, and no government. The only reason big cities can afford big government is because of big companies providing products and services and paying taxes and wages.

People like him are a waste of time and effort.
LOL. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. But sure believe the "job creators" have your best interest and the best interest of the country at heart....

Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
The financing for those public access road networks comes from public money--taxes. And more specifically, the small business owner running the investment firm didn't put on his hard-hat and coveralls that day and dig out a drainage trench for his office building.

We live in an ecosystem, and if there are millions of inbred ****head hillbillys out there incapable of understanding that they don't live in a vacuum, we'll be sure to remind them.

See above.

See above.

There seems to be a class of people who worship "job creators" and think that everything is done through "blood sweat and tears" of their own two hands. It's asinine.

My goodness, I quote you without even realizing it. My point is made everytime you open your mouth. We're in this together, and until your intellectually defificient cohorts understand that their wealth-hoarding "job creation" programs are detrimental to the ecosystem in which we live, we can get back to fixing this country.

You don't know me.

Everything you enjoy in life has been provided in one way or another by the federal and state governments by very definition.

But don't forget, get the government out of my medicare!

We were operating under the King of England prior to the United States with a slathering of local governments.

We didn't crawl out of the primordial stew of anarchy and suddenly have a Constitutional Republic. Governments have been around for a very long time.

And here we go, blame anyone who isn't rich for being lazy, and let the crooks and criminals who made their fortunes illegally and illegititely go free, because they're "job creators." You ****ing lot make me sick.
Don't bother. These people can't think for themselves. If their beloved job creators tell them the sky is green.... well the sky is green. It's quite pathetic.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:07 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,806,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOL. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. But sure believe the "job creators" have your best interest and the best interest of the country at heart....
Of course not. As opposed to all the politicians, governors, presidents who just do it for the greater good of the country and if often caught stealing they still do it for us because we are too stupid to reasonably spend our own money

Old 07-27-2012, 09:12 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,511,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Attention, fellow citizens. Our fellow poster Konraden has conveniently summarized for us the essential worldview of President Obama.

If you agree with him, work for the re-election of the president.

If you disagree, work for the election of Mitt Romney.

This is the central issue in the most consequential election since I don't know when. If you do not believe Konraden's summary is true today, and the Obama turning point in American history marks a watershed moment when the country changed its nature, the statement will be true for our children and grandchildren.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Thank you, President Obama, for beautiful sunsets, the love of a woman, for letting us watch birds fish and fish jump. For walks on a summer's eve, coffee with a good friend, conversation in the barber shop. For allowing us to gather family together to celebrate the accomplishments you permit us. May God bless you and all the governors of all the states who give us all these enjoyments. How can we possibly repay you?
You wouldn't be able to see the sunset if not for air quality regulations, or have birds and fish to enjoy without the clean water act. The very freedoms you enjoy are the direct result of the protections afforded by the state. Every time you come online to post your drivel, that's a direct result of government funded research. The President may not be holding your hand, but federal, state, and local entities are involved in just about everything you do. It is as inescapable as the very air you breathe, and to deny that a ruling power exists over you is to deny the very existence of reality.

Cognizance of the grand human ecosystem in which we inhabit, to understand that we are ants in the colony, is tremendous. I know you think you're just a special little ant, carrying that sugar back to the mound, but a hundred ants were there before you, laying the groundwork for you to grab the sugar, and another hundred ants will come after, to do the same and more.

You're not special. I'm not special. Business owners are not special. You don't get special privileges for thinking you're a mogul--and if you need to be brought down a peg because your actions threaten the colony, than such will be done, and the scheme of hoarding wealth and telling the rest to **** off because you're too ignorant to realize you have that wealth because of the people you're pissing on, will only result of greater punishment.

Quote:
Don't bother. These people can't think for themselves. If their beloved job creators tell them the sky is green.... well the sky is green. It's quite pathetic.
We still have an argument to have in the Gun-Control thread, DV. I'm not agreeing with you just yet.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Of course not. As opposed to all the politicians, governors, presidents who just do it for the greater good of the country and if often caught stealing they still do it for us because we are too stupid to reasonably spend our own money
As opposed to the business owners who do the same?

Old 07-27-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
We still have an argument to have in the Gun-Control thread, DV. I'm not agreeing with you just yet.
And here you make that pretty speech and then end it something that seems petty and personal. Provide the link and we can discuss it as there are quite a few gun threads.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:

We were operating under the King of England prior to the United States with a slathering of local governments. `
I think you still operate under the king of England....
The people who went to explore the west did not wait for the government to build roads and infrastructure. They did not wait for the government backing. They just took off. Wild West did not have a government.
Our history as a nations starts with rejection of the government imposed by the King Of England.
Quote:
And here we go, blame anyone who isn't rich for being lazy, and let the crooks and criminals who made their fortunes illegally and illegititely go free, because they're "job creators." You ****ing lot make me sick.
[quote=Konraden;25372737]
You welfare lot make me even more sick shamelessly living off my taxes.
Blame everybody for your own misrfotunes. I'll take job creators over you at any time. They created jobs you haven't created anything in your life.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
And here you make that pretty speech and then end it something that seems petty and personal. Provide the link and we can discuss it as there are quite a few gun threads.
I'm not being petty, I think you just left this discussion unfinished.

You don't need to read it all, but explain to me why you think automobiles and cars don't belong in the same discussion, when one is four times more lethal than the other.

Quote:
Quote:
You welfare lot make me even more sick shamelessly living off my taxes.
You don't know me.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
You don't know me.

I know your useless kind well enough, always demanding, always trying to live of somebody else's hard work.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I know your useless kind well enough, always demanding, always trying to live of somebody else's hard work.
Coming from a heartless bastard such as yourself, I'll take solace in knowing my hard work goes towards helping those who can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies