Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sorry, itsjustme, most would take as a sign of humor or sarcasm.......the same as "LOL".....she was poking fun of her statement even as she made it.....as "in jest". Get it?

One would use bold/color/underlined/italicized print or an exclamation point to emphasize their point....or perhaps an OK........not a smiling/grinning smily face LOL....HA HA HA....just kidding....in jest.

Must be that women are better at communicating than men thing.
She stuck to her point and defended it, though. Which indicated she was serious.

Nothing to do with women are better at communicating than men.

The meaning of the Big Grin icon is just an subjective assessment on your part.

Last edited by itsjustmeagain; 07-19-2012 at 11:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 02:46 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,378,646 times
I'm glad women have choices. One of my daughters stays at home and is working on her GED. She is planning on going to college part-time when her youngest starts school. My other daughter works and has ensured she will never have children.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:40 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You start getting women in powerful positions in companies and men don't like it at all one little bit. And when in those positions are they not paid the same as men who hold the same and this is even going on in the White HOuse as we speak.... If that isn't a Joke.......
You can think you are superior all you want and in the bedroom you are but not in the mans working world your not not even close.

I've said it before.

Women could make much more if they would simply insist on being paid more.

That's what I do, and it works great.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Bottom line - Women, with very few men, could keep the world populated. Men, with very few women, could not. If survival is the ultimate goal of any species, the need for women trumps the need for men.

Who says the world needs to be kept populated?

Old 07-19-2012, 08:57 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I've said it before.

Women could make much more if they would simply insist on being paid more.

That's what I do, and it works great.
For women in business, the squeaky wheel doesn’t get the grease - The Washington Post

We do ask for raises. We're just not given as much as the men who ask for them...or don't ask in many cases. Looks like men are given raises and promotions freely while women have to ask for them. Interesting.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
For women in business, the squeaky wheel doesn’t get the grease - The Washington Post

We do ask for raises. We're just not given as much as the men who ask for them...or don't ask in many cases. Looks like men are given raises and promotions freely while women have to ask for them. Interesting.

I disagree that men conspire to oppress women.

Men are simply more inclined to take risks and are rewarded accordingly.

It is a fact that men are twice as likely as women to start a business.

This gives men leverage in negotiations women choose to not have.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
I disagree that men conspire to oppress women.

Men are simply more inclined to take risks and are rewarded accordingly.

This gives men leverage in negotiations women choose to not have.
I agree with this generally speaking, though of course there are exceptions to this rule on both sides of the argument.

Women are generally more likely to have different priorities when it comes to nurturing their loved ones, from infants to college age kids, to elderly parents.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:01 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
May it has something to do with the fact that banks are more willing to give men loans to start up a business. Banks see women as a high risk.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
The vast majority of banks use a neutral system to process loans. This does not take into consideration the gender of a person. Most underwriters are off site and don't even see the person applying for the loan, so they don't know the gender or the race of the person. Loans are awarded based on credit score/history and ANY start up loan is hard to sell to a bank.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:03 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The vast majority of banks use a neutral system to process loans. This does not take into consideration the gender of a person. Most underwriters are off site and don't even see the person applying for the loan, so they don't know the gender or the race of the person. Loans are awarded based on credit score/history and ANY start up loan is hard to sell to a bank.
You think the name may be a clue to the gender?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies