Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,228,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Naw.....I will stay right here.

No blacks this far north.
That's funny and reminds me of a time in the earyly 90's (1990's). I was in Seattle hanging out, doing a real estate thing when the local trade decided they had to become more ethnically cooperative. That is, kow tow to blacks. Not that there were any blacks in Seattle but be prepared. That must have been when Congress decided blacks get government privileges in purchase options.

Any how, with the diversity program in full swing... the Detroit WhoWatEver's won the NBA... and the celebratory citizens proceeded to destroy their already useless city center.

And you never even saw them snow skiing.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,228,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What portion of black people do this?? I would really like to know.

Also, you are implying that other Americans in this country don't do the same thing and that this is some negative trait belonging only to black people - that is the problem with people like you and even the OP. You lump all people together based on your own prejudices and stereotypes.
Spoiler

The Republican party isn't helping me either just like the Democrats aren't. I'm helping myself. Nobody lifts me up. I lift myself up. I don't have a victim mentality. I don't need their or your "special attention" (which sounds pretty freaky lol!).

You are acting like there are not white people who play the victim. All people do this. If you are going to say a "large portion" of black people do this, then you need to say that about whites too because I see it everyday here on CD and saw it every day when I was younger in my hometown in regards to my white neighbors.

And FWIW, as a black person, I don't know a lot of black people who have a victim mentality. I know more black people who have what I call an "inferiority complex" meaning they are always embarrassed when "ghetto" black people get on TV and speak with a ton of slang and broken English because those people "embarrass" them in front of white people and others. They want to try to show you and other white people and other Americans in general that they are "good" and worthy to be included with you, trying to impress you like the way you see them is important when its not. Or that your view of black people on the whole will change just by knowing them, which for most prejudicial people, it won't either. I see them as worse than the "blame whitey" types and would label white people who try to portray "a large portion" of black people as always claiming to be a victim, in the same negative, pathetic category as those black people with inferiority complexes.
I like your attitude. I like working with others who want to work towards a common goal, for the benefit at large.

Thanks for posting.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:56 PM

78,616 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Because many of the people complaining about Blacks also make posts complaining about Mexicans
Yeah, I get that...I mean racists are racists and generally dislike just about everybody but "their kind".

Like the poster in question that keeps telling us that it was a white guy that shot trayvon martin.

I guess whites that hate Mexicans are just self hating whites or something.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,997,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, I get that...I mean racists are racists and generally dislike just about everybody but "their kind".

Like the poster in question that keeps telling us that it was a white guy that shot trayvon martin.

I guess whites that hate Mexicans are just self hating whites or something.
Most racist have to put others down to feel better about themselves.

It takes a person being able to listen and understand another point of view to not be racist. When I hear White nationalist create post and bash people because of color or nationality I just shake my head.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:16 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,968,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What portion of black people do this?? I would really like to know.

Also, you are implying that other Americans in this country don't do the same thing and that this is some negative trait belonging only to black people - that is the problem with people like you and even the OP. You lump all people together based on your own prejudices and stereotypes.

The Republican party isn't helping me either just like the Democrats aren't. I'm helping myself. Nobody lifts me up. I lift myself up. I don't have a victim mentality. I don't need their or your "special attention" (which sounds pretty freaky lol!).

You are acting like there are not white people who play the victim. All people do this. If you are going to say a "large portion" of black people do this, then you need to say that about whites too because I see it everyday here on CD and saw it every day when I was younger in my hometown in regards to my white neighbors.

And FWIW, as a black person, I don't know a lot of black people who have a victim mentality. I know more black people who have what I call an "inferiority complex" meaning they are always embarrassed when "ghetto" black people get on TV and speak with a ton of slang and broken English because those people "embarrass" them in front of white people and others. They want to try to show you and other white people and other Americans in general that they are "good" and worthy to be included with you, trying to impress you like the way you see them is important when its not. Or that your view of black people on the whole will change just by knowing them, which for most prejudicial people, it won't either. I see them as worse than the "blame whitey" types and would label white people who try to portray "a large portion" of black people as always claiming to be a victim, in the same negative, pathetic category as those black people with inferiority complexes.
I don't know a whole lot of black people that play the victim, I know a few, but then I also know white people who do the same. As you said, this is a person problem that has nothing to do with color.

Thing is, they don't want you to think that. They don't want you to recognize that "people" are lazy and have a strong sense of entitlement. It isn't a class thing either. I know CIO's, CEO's and CFO's who have entitlement mentality. It isn't in the form of give me money, it is in the form of that they think they are special and deserve more because of their position, their money, etc...

People need to wake the hell up and realize, that the government being oppressive isn't because it is the some "few select" that are against them, it is because the damn "people" ARE the problem and they are f'ing each other over left and right.

The only thing that should matter to the American people is liberty, but I can fail the majority of people on a liberty test because they have some messed up idea what "liberty" means. They think it means what they want it to mean and anyone who gets in the way can go to hell.

Welcome to America, the land of the spoiled, the land of the entitled, the soon to be the land of the slaves.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:17 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,539,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
All this depends on where in Canada though. Toronto has quite a few blacks, while somewhere like the Yukon or Vancouver probably hasn't seen anyone black since the winter olympics
Try saying that to Evander Kane, Charmaine Crooks or Shaq (who owns a home in Vancouver).

Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 AM

78,616 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Most racist have to put others down to feel better about themselves.

It takes a person being able to listen and understand another point of view to not be racist. When I hear White nationalist create post and bash people because of color or nationality I just shake my head.
Fortunately, most of the racism in the white community is dying out with the old farts.

Unfortunately, the racial attitudes of younger minorities are not as good as one would hope, especially with regards to other minority groups.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:39 AM

14 posts, read 11,328 times
why are you being racist towards africa?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,588,853 times
There are same amount of Black/African American people in Canada as in Northern U.S. states

Canada has still lots of black people even though they are minority.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,794,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
That is just some advice I want to give to people who constantly start threads hating on blacks. We're not going back to africa, were not going to stop having kids, we're simply not going anywhere. If you hate us so much, move to canada. There are 35 million canadiens. Of that 35 million, there are probably 20 black people. You'd probably be happier there.
But, it is you folks who do all the complaining. You have had everything offered to you on a silver platter, and you still complain. Your affirmative action, your special quota systems, loan programs, bidding process, and your scholarships (you folks almost always get into any college of your choice becs of your race), and you still complain. Everytime something goes wrong in your lives, you blame it on racism.

Gay folks just want equality, and to be treated with the same dignity as everyone else, yet we can't even get that. It seems black folks are right there screaming the loudest against anyone supporting same sex marriage, or any equal rights for gay folks. A people who should have an understanding of what its like to be oppressed should be more understanding, but you folks just rationalize your hate based on archaic religion or whatever, meanwhile committing all other kinds of sins, not to mention all those babies you make out of wedlock that the tax payers have to subsidize. Gay folks are peaceful, and most gay neighborhoods are desirable, yet black neighborhoods are crime ridden and dangerous. Then you wonder why there's racism...hmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.