Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 12:56 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,696,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There have been five mass shooting in the US in the past two decades, so I wouldn't call them rare...
Add them all up and I'm pretty sure you won't reach the (continually rising) body count in Chicago this year. I think the focus should be on stopping the illegal ownership of guns rather than putting further restrictions on legal ownership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 06:19 AM

43,675 posts, read 44,416,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
His gun could fire off 50 rounds a minute and he sprayed up the room, you couldn't do that as well with a hunting rifle or handgun. Hate how conservatives hide like cowards behind the 2nd Amendment believing that entitled them to any arm they want, the most powerful thing you could own back then was a cannon
I don't see why an average person in 2012 needs to own a personal gun or have access to buying one either. The 2nd Amendment was written over 200 years ago in a completely different reality.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I don't see why an average person in 2012 needs to own a personal gun or have access to buying one either. The 2nd Amendment was written over 200 years ago in a completely different reality.
The criminals and insane will obviously get a hoild of weapons, that means you need to have one for self-defense more than ever.

How about instead make laws against killing random people?

Old 07-21-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
one of the deadliest terrorist attacks in US history was done with some fertilizer and fuel.
I don't know if anyone noticed the outfits the investigators were putting on to enter this guy's room -- but he also had access to viruses and orgranisms that could be used in bioterrorism.

Since he wasn't a redneck from Tennessee as so many liars tried to claim at first but a liberal university student from California, he had access to plenty of other ways to kill people. I wonder if he put any of his RNA courses to use in this.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:31 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I'm not left-wing, but I ask you: How do you think right-wingers will use this situation to their advantage? They will and probably already have. With that said, what's the point of highlighting what left-wingers are doing? Both sides are guilty of this stuff all the time.
Yup. The gun nuts are crying about so called "gun free zones". They want to use this tragedy to sell more guns.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,724,359 times
Quote:
Bingo!

Mindless 2nd amendment advocacy is clearly one of the biggest threats to the personal safety of those chained to it, but that fact is the last thing to which they will ever give a moment's consideration.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:34 AM

The leftists wanted so much for this shooter to have belonged to the Tea Party and be from Tennessee. So much that they were linking innocent people's facebook pages to him immediately, so overly hopeful but sadly for the leftists, this shooter was from a liberal state -- California no less. Not a redneck but an elite medical student.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:38 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Nobody is screaming about the 115 people who died in car accidents throughout America on that day. I agree, something like this is an EXTREMELY rare event. Gun control will not prevent something like this from happening.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:41 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It's the same old, samle old argument. What about gas and matches control? Politically I wonder if this is bad for Democrats and Obama, who have been doing their best to run away from the gun control issue ever since 1994. Most likely not; it will be talked about for a few days, with both sides getting in their licks, and then papered over and ignored. That has been the pattern for the past decade.
The Democrats are not running away from the issue....they simply are NOT trying to take away people's guns...it's NOT an issue for them....but you keep listening to the freaks who claim over and over and over again that Democrats are trying to disarm everyone in America......stupidity can be fun!!!(I guess)

Old 07-21-2012, 06:42 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Then Chava you are out of touch with reality. Bad crap still happens daily to people who need to self defend just like 200 years ago

Get rid of all the evil bad people and then we'll have a Utopian world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies