Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 02:50 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
The theater is a gun free zone.
I have been to that theater many times. I have never seen a hint that it was a "gun free zone."

And Aurora, definitely is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 02:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Ignoring that everybody else in that theater did have the right to bear arms, I'm wondering how much did that crystal ball cost you?

Because (speaking as a veteran) I have a hard time conceiving how a dark, smoke/gas filled theater loaded with hundreds of panicked people and a heavily armed (and armored) gunman dressed in black would have been improved by adding more guns.
That was a gun free zone I thought I heard.
If it were not then maybe someone else would have shown up with their own gun and killed the bad guy. You see that kind of save the day stuff all the time in the news. The old guy just the other day saved a bunch of people.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't know if anyone noticed the outfits the investigators were putting on to enter this guy's room -- but he also had access to viruses and orgranisms that could be used in bioterrorism.

Since he wasn't a redneck from Tennessee as so many liars tried to claim at first but a liberal university student from California, he had access to plenty of other ways to kill people. I wonder if he put any of his RNA courses to use in this.
Puh-lease cite some sources for the bold. Wouldn't you first think a guy from Colorado was from, uh, Colorado? And he is from a very conservative part of California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Did you notice how the investigators were suiting up even to just go into his apartment? This guy had access to whole lot more than guns since he was researching viruses.

It would not surprise me at all if there is more that comes out, more victims. He wore a gas mask himself.
Good lord! Do you think he took stuff home from the lab? He wasn't in biochem or anything of that nature, anyway, he was in neuroscience. Look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I favor strong criminal control. In a case like that of Mr Holmes I believe he should be tried and if convicted within 24 hours be placed in front of a wall and shot, no appeals, no mercy, just punishment that fits the crime.
Those 12 people will still be dead. I'd like to prevent criminals from killing in the first place. The guy had no criminal record, just a speeding ticket.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:56 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Those 12 people will still be dead. I'd like to prevent criminals from killing in the first place. The guy had no criminal record, just a speeding ticket.
Gun control is not going to prevent criminals from getting guns. It only results in law-abiding people not having guns. If someone in the theater other than this maniac had had a gun, they might have been able to stop him. A law saying that people cannot have guns will obviously not keep a maniac who couldn't care less about the law from getting/having a gun.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Gun control is not going to prevent criminals from getting guns. It only results in law-abiding people not having guns. Someone in the theater with a gun defending themselves and the other innocent people there could have prevented him from killing these people.
As has been said over and over, a bunch of people in a crowded, dark theater full of smoke would only have caused more havoc. The shooter was protected with all kinds of body armour.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:01 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
As has been said over and over, a bunch of people in a crowded, dark theater full of smoke would only have caused more havoc. The shooter was protected with all kinds of body armour.
1) Lights should have been turned on in the theater.

2) He could have been shot in the head.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:02 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Define assault rifle.

I'll save you the time, because you cannot. Ignorance is not an excuse and all you are doing by using incorrect terms is playing to emotions instead of fact.

Ignorance like yours is a major factor in the knee jerk reactions the typical leftist goes through after an event like this.

Blame the person, not the tool.
Here, Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assault weapon and assault rifle have separate definitions.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:03 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
I wish the right wing lunatics who argue for guns above all else would get to act out their fantasy of being in one of these theaters.

What disgusting, ugly people.
Look in the mirror lately?

Old 07-21-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
1) Lights should have been turned on in the theater.

2) He could have been shot in the head.
Nope, he was wearing ballistic gear on his head too.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
If we cannot agree as a country to regulate assault weapons, maybe we should be regulating ballistic body armor??? What reason does ANYONE have for that gear?? Are deers arming themselves and firing back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies