Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 01:58 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times

Advertisements

Actually, had others in the theater had the right to bear arms they would have shot the bad guy and many fewer people would be dead and injured.

The reverse of what the liberals want would be better for all. What else is new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 02:05 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,615 times
The c-d leftwing nut jobs are once again proving themselves in this thread to be the fools they really are.

They don't understand the second amendment, they don't understand the first thing about firearms, and they don't seem to be aware of the thousands and thousands of gun control laws across the land including the "gun-free" zone that is Aurora, CO.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
How will stiffer gun control laws help if you crack AFTER you bought the guns ?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:10 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Aurora is a "gun free zone?" I live nearby in Littleton, and I can only assume that you are high on drugs.

That said, I've always been ambivalent about gun control. I still am. I cannot escape noting, however, that I've never heard of somebody stabbing 71 people.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:11 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
I suggest you anti gun folks to read about the Luby's Massacre in TX and Suzanna Lupp....

A law-abiding citizen who left her gun in the car and lost both of her parents when a crazy man drove into a restaurant and killed over 20 people. The law abiding one ended up suffering because the criminal didn't give 2 sh*ts about laws.

I think some of you won't ever change your mind about gun control... Until a law abiding gun carrier saves you from someone who is trying to kill you or your family.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:15 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Actually, had others in the theater had the right to bear arms they would have shot the bad guy and many fewer people would be dead and injured.
Ignoring that everybody else in that theater did have the right to bear arms, I'm wondering how much did that crystal ball cost you?

Because (speaking as a veteran) I have a hard time conceiving how a dark, smoke/gas filled theater loaded with hundreds of panicked people and a heavily armed (and armored) gunman dressed in black would have been improved by adding more guns.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:31 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I'm a Leftist who is NOT demanding more gun control. I adamantly oppose gun control!!!!!!
I favor strong criminal control. In a case like that of Mr Holmes I believe he should be tried and if convicted within 24 hours be placed in front of a wall and shot, no appeals, no mercy, just punishment that fits the crime.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:40 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Ignoring that everybody else in that theater did have the right to bear arms, I'm wondering how much did that crystal ball cost you?

Because (speaking as a veteran) I have a hard time conceiving how a dark, smoke/gas filled theater loaded with hundreds of panicked people and a heavily armed (and armored) gunman dressed in black would have been improved by adding more guns.
The theater is a gun free zone. The law abiding folks are usually the ones who end up suffering.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:44 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times
I wish the right wing lunatics who argue for guns above all else would get to act out their fantasy of being in one of these theaters.

What disgusting, ugly people.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Nothing would have stopped him from this cowardly act. His intent was to harm, and to kill the innocent, and he would have followed thru, anyway that he could.

It is not the guns that do the killing, but the person pulling that dang trigger. So many responsible gun owners, as myself also. We sure as hell, don't go around, shooting things up, or pulling what this sick, or either evil human being did.

Have gun control, you think that is going to stop this problem, people will always have their ways of getting guns believe me!

The problem is not the guns, it is the mentality, of those using these guns to commit harm, and acts of terror.
Not to mention all the bombs he had made in his apartment hoping to kill others. That also had zero to do with guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies