Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
death penalty for anyone selling one, or puchasing one simple as that..
Is that you Joe Stalin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 10:56 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I don't see why an average person in 2012 needs to own a personal gun or have access to buying one either. The 2nd Amendment was written over 200 years ago in a completely different reality.
What?

A person needs a gun more now than ever before. You ever heard of something called a home invasion? That rarely happened 50 years ago.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:00 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Is that you Joe Stalin?

no it's assad

Old 07-21-2012, 11:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
i got no problem with people owning firearms like regular rifles ,shot guns, and pistals,, but assault rifles!!! that hold up to 100 rounds should be only for the military.. when the ballistics is said and done with this case they will find that most of the victems were shot with that assult rifle that holds 100 round magazine
I feel you, but what is a regular rifle? What makes an assault rifle an assault rifle an assault rifle? Does it matter if you ban 100 rod magazines but allow someone to own 10x 10 rd magazines? Issues like these are what made the Brady Assault Gun ban so ridiculous. Ban the AK-47 rename it the AKM. Outlaw magazines over 10rds but grandfather in the ones already in circulation.

Personally, I would like to go to the Swiss system, each person who has served in the Swiss Army takes home their issued weapon that they can keep for life. It reasonable controls on the most lethal weapons, and resolves the rightwing "I must be able to defend myself against the government bs" (good luck with those drones).

Unfortunately even that isn't a guarantee against a mass shooting since just such an incident occurred in Switzerland in 2001.

The only cure for these kinds of mad acts is to (oh the Fundis are going to love this) to get at the heart of why America is a such a bat shiite crazy violent country. When we figure out what is rotten about the American soul, we might come up with an answer about why we produce a bumper crop of mass murders.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:32 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
no it's assad
Don't you have a country falling apart around you that you need to attend to Bashar?

I would think you would have more pressing priorities than hanging out on an internet forum discussing firearms in the U.S.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:00 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
When they outlaw handguns only outlaws will have them.......

Old 07-22-2012, 01:09 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
When they outlaw handguns only outlaws will have them.......
I would assume the military and police officers would also have handguns. Seeing that I believe in the United States, I would also assume that these police officers and military personnel were not outlaws.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I would assume the military and police officers would also have handguns. Seeing that I believe in the United States, I would also assume that these police officers and military personnel were not outlaws.
14 dead and 30+ wounded later.....I'd say the turnaround time was not soon enough.

So one or two things....let good people have guns, which would have dispatched the situation much earlier and spared a few lives...

Or...

Have a LOT more police....

Which world do you want to live in...???

Also, some police officers act like outlaws themselves!!

Old 07-22-2012, 01:25 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
14 dead and 30+ wounded later.....I'd say the turnaround time was not soon enough.

So one or two things....let good people have guns, which would have dispatched the situation much earlier and spared a few lives...

Or...

Have a LOT more police....

Which world do you want to live in...???

Also, some police officers act like outlaws themselves!!
Some police officers act like outlaws themselves. You are correct.

What you fail to mention is sometimes "good" people act like outlaws also.

One could argue the shooter is an example.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Some police officers act like outlaws themselves. You are correct.

What you fail to mention is sometimes "good" people act like outlaws also.

One could argue the shooter is an example.
But more violent crimes concerning guns are from guns obtained illegally...

Given my ultimatum a few posts back...which world would you rather live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies