Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:00 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,991,887 times

Advertisements

I read all these postings and usually when it's about politics or illegal migration, it becomes extremely heated with liberal and conservative views often unwilling to listen to the other's arguments and valid points. My topic is President Bush. And I have to start out with saying; I'm a conservative man politically and socially. I tend to veer toward conservative politics. Now for President Bush. I thought he was a great president after 9/11. I thought..."Thank God this man is in office and not Bill Clinton" as I believed all Bill Clinton would do would be to order some longrange missile strikes against the Al Qaeda bases while keeping an intern busy on her knees as he issued the instructions. He had done only that after Al Qaeda attacked and blew up the two American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania which killed not only Americans, but hundreds of locals.
President Bush seemed to take charge and act with determination and place American interests first. He conquered Afghanistan quickly which no other world power has ever done, including Britain at the height of its power or the Soviet Union in 1979/1980. He displaced the Taliban. He gained us victory and revenge quickly for what happened on Sept. 11th and seemed to be removing the threat. I was enthralled! My patriotism was soaring through the roof. I had American flags plastered on my truck, flying over my house, on my clothing. I was so PROUD to be an American and be a part of a nation acting in unity and fighting back against our enemies who attacked us at home.
Things changed.
Iraq. I believed Bush when he said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. I was furious with the French, Germans, Russians, Canadians, and everyone else who tried to block us with varying success in the UN. I was uneasy about the contracts with Halliburton and others after the invasion being no bid and awarded without bidding to companies directly run by or formally managed by members of the administration, but I didn't believe yet it signified corruption.
After these past three years, it's become clear that President Bush lied to us about Iraq. He has never admitted it as a lie, but blamed faulty intelligence. He has never come clean. Cheney has never come clean, Rumsfeld has never come clean and is the only Sec. of Def. who has had retired generals and admirals publically campaign against him for incompetence.
We have spent a half trillion dollars in an unjust war and lost over 3000 Americans over a lie. Bush has established permanent bases in Iraq designed to be there over decades in direct contradiction to his statements he plans to eventually end our presence there.
-Iraq War as a lie
-Unbid contracts pumping hundreds of billions of dollars into Bush administration business interests.
-Domestic spying breaking the law by bypassing Congressional oversight and FISA courts without the law having been changed.
-Opening and reading Americans' mail.
-Holding American citizens indefinitely without legal representation and deprived of their Constitutional rights.
-Nullifying parts of the Constitution by passing an all-encompassing Patriot Act which gives us or takes away from us our rights guaranteed by the Constitution at the whim of the Administrative Branch.
-Signing treaties with Canada and Mexico to unite us secretly without oversight by Congress into a North American Union and surrendering our sovereignty.
-Failure to enforce and unwillingness to enforce existing U.S. law regarding employment of illegal migrants.
-Signing an agreement secretly with President Vicente Fox of Mexico to award illegal migrants social security benefits for time spent working illegally in the U.S. over only 14 months if they become legal at some point even after having used f raudulent SSN numbers, while Americans must work 10 years for the same access.
-Pushing amnesty for 12 million-20 million illegals against the wishes of the American people.
-Ignoring the porous border and threatening border patrol agents with jail and court proceedings while protecting the "rights" of Mexican drug runners, so now any agent working for ICE or the Border Patrol has to wonder if his own government will prosecute him for doing his job.
-Yet, interfering around the world against countries and businesses that deal with Iran or Syria or North Korea and panicking over breaches in security at our ports (today in Miami) while intentionally leaving the border unguarded.
I have come to the conclusion that President Bush is an American traitor. He has betrayed our democracy, our Constitution, and the naturally enthusiastic patriotism of all Americans of whatever political affiliation.
I think President Bush should be prosecuted for treason and literally imprisoned, along with Cheney and Rumsfeld and that Congress should act to immediately nullify all treaties and agreements made by Mr. Bush secretly without the knowledge of or consent of Congress.
Do I make sense to you?

Last edited by MoMark; 01-07-2007 at 10:11 PM..

Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,486,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Do I make sense to you?
Yes! Big Daddy George knows what's best for us!

Success or Faliure? My final answer is failure!

Old 01-07-2007, 09:40 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,611,043 times
Unbid contracts pumping hundreds of billions of dollars into Bush administration business interests.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:40 PM

603 posts, read 1,996,911 times
I have to give the administration some credit since we haven't been seriously attacked at home since 9/11. But, for the most part this administration has been a complete and utter failure. Iraq. Immigration. Outsourcing. Everything has blown up in Bush's face, literally and figuratively.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:42 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,497,288 times
Default Success Or Failure

MoMark, I don't know anyone that could have said any better than you just did. I have a feeling there's more to come,Mr Bush is not finished with us just yet. IMO the man is a failure hands down.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:55 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,770,219 times
I was against the invasion of Iraq. When the source of the Sept 11 attack was "identified" it was justified to go after the Taliban. But the sweeping elimination of so many of our rights, added to the loss of freedoms we have been experiencing over the decades, disturbed me greatly. When King George decided to invade Iraq, it just seemed like some kind of sick payback for the Kuwait invasion. Sadam was a dirtbag, and deserved to be punished, but the United States has so many problems, and a spiraling national debt, and all Bush and his cronies do is spend, spend spend. I feel the US is like a tree, spereading out but diseased at it's trunk, rotting from the inside out. The fact that all we had to vote for was an idiot or Herman Munster, a LAWYER was most disgusting of all. Good thing I am not president or you bet I would have been assassinated already. I won't tolerate the attacks on our freedoms, or the special interests wo regulate our lives to make sure they and their buddies get rich, while we lose our healthcare, and even our rights to live as we please. Stupid Bush wastes time on wanting to amend the constitution to ban gay marriege while trampling all over the rest of it. If there was only a President with character, who can speak up for freedom! Concentrate on building technology, solving the energy crisis, balancing the budget, educating people to help themselves, and yes ELIMINATING the invasion of the borders! I have nothing against rich people, as long as we're all given the opportunity to be one of them, as it stands now, government regulations will assure that we all become servants of the beaurocracy. Thanks Bush for being a spineless puppet of the powers that be.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:57 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,991,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
MoMark, I don't know anyone that could have said any better than you just did. I have a feeling there's more to come,Mr Bush is not finished with us just yet. IMO the man is a failure hands down.
Thanks Jim. It just makes me sad that this man continues without being reigned in. The agreement he signed with former Mexican President Vicente Fox giving illegal migrants access to American Social Security benefits was secretly arranged by Bush way back in 2004. Congress and the American people have never known about it and we still wouldn't know hadn't senior citizens filed an Freedom of Information Act action and forced the divulgence of the deal. The same thing has happened with the NAFTA Superhighway, North American Union deals, etc.
Now two Border Patrol Agents are going to prison and for shooting an illegal Mexican drug runner fleeing them inside the U.S. They have been prosecuted by the direction of the U.S. Attorney General and the drug runner has been given immunity to testify against them and is suing the U.S. for $5 million. 55 members of Congress have written direct letters and made personal appeals to the White House to pardon the two agents who while breaking procedure, should have only had administrative action within the Border Patrol taken against them. The White House has ignored every single Congressional appeal with either no response or directing Congressmen to the Justice Dept...ie. Alberto Gonzalez, a Bush appointee and cronie from Texas.
I'm just convinced that when we look back in history at this juncture, we'll see that the Islamic threat was indeed real and we have to face it, which to be honest, the British , French and others have ignored to their peril. But, we'll also see that this era was the worst for American democracy since the McCarthy Communist witch trials and President Bush will earn a blacker mark on his historical reputation in hindsight than President Nixon did for Watergate. President Nixon was a deranged meglomaniac who went power-mad, but he never betrayed the country despite his crimes abusing executive privilege. Bush has sold us down the river, shredded our Constitution, left our country open for invasion and terrorism, destabilized our society by encouraging tens of millions of people to just walk in, and broken his vows to defend the Constitution as President of the USA. I am just so sad we allow this man even one more day in office. I truly believe he is a traitor.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:33 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,669,252 times
Mark, you may quite possibly be the most brilliant man on this forum (Behind Yac, of course!) I couldn't have expressed my disdain for the Bush Administration any better myself! There may be a light at the end of the tunnel though. While I don't necessarily like Nancy Pelosi, I was ECSTATIC to hear that she, and the new Democratic-controlled Congress, are seeking ACCOUNTABILITY from the Bush Administration instead of the former Republican-dominated Congress basically giving President Bush a "blank check" to do whatever he pleased. Now that President Bush is seeking an increase in troop deployment to Iraq, he's going to have to JUSTIFY that an increase in manpower will truly turn the tables in Iraq.

The "new" policy is to "Clear, Hold, and Build." Our troops are to wipe out insurgencies in Baghdad, defend that territory from rebel attacks, and then invest billions of OUR TAX DOLLARS to rebuild the infrastructure in Baghdad. Essentially, Condoleezza Rice unveiled this SAME strategy a year ago to Congress, and has it succeeded? Not at all! With all of the problems in our OWN country, how can we justify spending a HALF TRILLION dollars on a failed Iraqi war policy? Saddam Hussein is dead. Has it brought peace to the Middle-East? Not by a long shot! I just read that five more brave men and women will be coming home in caskets; how many more families will have to grieve before President Bush FINALLY admits he made a mistake and pulls us out of Iraq? Sure, the nation of Iraq will fall into utter chaos, but the opportunity cost of saving more lives of American troops and American tax dollars is worth it, in my opinion, as opposed to prolonging our stay for years to come.

As a 20-year-old physically-fit male, who happens to be gay and can't VOLUNTARILY join the military, I still need to be weary about the possibility of a draft. If President Bush has his way, we'll be fighting on multiple fronts---Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, North Korea, New Jersey, etc. This man's mission to "rid the world of those who seek to do us harm" is a noble one, but also an IMPOSSIBLE one! Sure, we can try to stop another radical Muslim extremist from flying a plane into a skyscraper in Chicago, Los Angeles, or Scranton, but what about the estranged milkman who grabbed a gun and slaughtered Amish schoolgirls in Lancaster County, PA? What about the man who blew up 168 people in Oklahoma City? What about the woman who drowned her own children in her bathtub? There's no way to rid the world of those who intend to inflict harm upon others---why President Bush, a Yale graduate, can not comprehend that while yours truly, a King's College student, can, is beyond me!

Well, when the war gets tough, President Bush can always turn to his favorite attack ploy---a gay marriage ban---in a desperate attempt to shift the nation's eyes off of the bloodshed. Then again, most Americans aren't stupid enough anymore to allow their disapproval of President Bush's job performance to be overshadowed by his adverse opinions on same-sex unions. (This bring me back to the whole argument of "I can't wed, I can't enlist, yet I can be drafted in a moment's notice!")

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 01-07-2007 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-07-2007, 10:57 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,611,043 times
Social Security benefits was secretly arranged by Bush way back in 2004. Congress and the American people have never known about it and we still wouldn't know hadn't senior citizens filed an Freedom of Information Act action and forced the divulgence of the deal. The same thing has happened with the NAFTA Superhighway, North American Union deals, etc.

NAFTA was only mentioned on Loudobbs.com; haven't seen it on any primetime news-amazing? or calculated?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:02 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,497,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Thanks Jim. It just makes me sad that this man continues without being reigned in. The agreement he signed with former Mexican President Vicente Fox giving illegal migrants access to American Social Security benefits was secretly arranged by Bush way back in 2004. Congress and the American people have never known about it and we still wouldn't know hadn't senior citizens filed an Freedom of Information Act action and forced the divulgence of the deal. The same thing has happened with the NAFTA Superhighway, North American Union deals, etc.
Now two Border Patrol Agents are going to prison and for shooting an illegal Mexican drug runner fleeing them inside the U.S. They have been prosecuted by the direction of the U.S. Attorney General and the drug runner has been given immunity to testify against them and is suing the U.S. for $5 million. 55 members of Congress have written direct letters and made personal appeals to the White House to pardon the two agents who while breaking procedure, should have only had administrative action within the Border Patrol taken against them. The White House has ignored every single Congressional appeal with either no response or directing Congressmen to the Justice Dept...ie. Alberto Gonzalez, a Bush appointee and cronie from Texas.
I'm just convinced that when we look back in history at this juncture, we'll see that the Islamic threat was indeed real and we have to face it, which to be honest, the British , French and others have ignored to their peril. But, we'll also see that this era was the worst for American democracy since the McCarthy Communist witch trials and President Bush will earn a blacker mark on his historical reputation in hindsight than President Nixon did for Watergate. President Nixon was a deranged meglomaniac who went power-mad, but he never betrayed the country despite his crimes abusing executive privilege. Bush has sold us down the river, shredded our Constitution, left our country open for invasion and terrorism, destabilized our society by encouraging tens of millions of people to just walk in, and broken his vows to defend the Constitution as President of the USA. I am just so sad we allow this man even one more day in office. I truly believe he is a traitor.
I'm with you 100% here, I've said for quite some time that the man is a traitor...and I truly believe that. As for those Border Patrol Agents, that was one of the worst miscarriages of justice I've ever saw. It has corruption written all over it, how can the rest of the agents perform their job duties without fear of being treated the same way? No way, no shape, no form should those agents have been sent to prison.

I hope I'm wrong in what I'm about to say here, but I believe all that's happening in our country today is leading us to a war here on our own soil to take our country back.... or else we won't have a country.

Last edited by Jim280; 01-08-2007 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies