Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Obama staging mass shootings? That's quite a stretch there, Skippy.
They all are mental cases and look like they're under some influence, maybe drugs, maybe hypnotism, who knows, but the timing is suspicious to me. He really wants to disarm us, and these mass killings give them an excuse. Notice that they happen to target groups in gun-free zones. The story we've been fed about the theater guy doesn't add up. They man that shot Gabby is just now being declard competent since the judge ordered him to take his medication. Did you see the picture of the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber - none of them know what is going on. Useful idiots or zombies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 01:09 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
they are not "sealed". they are private records, protected under privacy laws. no different from yours or mine.
Wait, stop and think of this.. If I apply for a position with a company and they want to verify my education I proved a transcript or my records. Nobody is arguing that they are private but if I am the President of the United States and there are questions around my qualification for the Presidency that are taking away from getting work done why in God's name wouldn't I just release them. They are college records not Top Secret CIA documents, although he is willing to release those and not his records.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:15 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Amazing that people are intrigued enough by this tripe to make threads about it. SMH

Old 08-08-2012, 05:20 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Amazing that people are intrigued enough by this tripe to make threads about it. SMH
I guess it's tripe, till it concerns the person you aren't voting for.

They want Romney to release his tax documents. WHY? We know that he paid his taxes, he's a political figure, and the IRS woulda jumped at the chance to show everyone he's a cheat of they could.

The Vice President, who won't release HIS tax records, is calling for Romney to release his.

Kinda like the Pot calling the Kettle black.

Ridiculous, we need the throw the lot of em out, and elect all new people.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:51 AM

49 posts, read 38,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I guess it's tripe, till it concerns the person you aren't voting for.

They want Romney to release his tax documents. WHY? We know that he paid his taxes, he's a political figure, and the IRS woulda jumped at the chance to show everyone he's a cheat of they could.

The Vice President, who won't release HIS tax records, is calling for Romney to release his.

Kinda like the Pot calling the Kettle black.

Ridiculous, we need the throw the lot of em out, and elect all new people.
Romney releasing his tax cuts are germane to the larger debate about taxes that's going to follow. Romney and the entire Republican party's economic argument is that taxes are astronomically high on the wealthy and need to be reduced. If Romney's tax returns contain periods where he paid less than his 14% rate (which by the way, is ALREADY pretty damn low), then it undercuts his WHOLE ARGUMENT ABOUT THE RICH BEING TAXED TO DEATH.

Whereas Obama's transcripts serve no policy relevant purposes whatsoever.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:20 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Wait, stop and think of this.. If I apply for a position with a company and they want to verify my education I proved a transcript or my records. Nobody is arguing that they are private but if I am the President of the United States and there are questions around my qualification for the Presidency that are taking away from getting work done why in God's name wouldn't I just release them. They are college records not Top Secret CIA documents, although he is willing to release those and not his records.
Since when is it a requirement to provide college transcripts for the presidency, especially for the second term. A private company knows absolutely nothing about you, if you run for president the public knows everything, your life is placed under a microscope.

They asked for Romney's tax records, why is that an unfair based on his foreign investments. Comparing tax records to a second term presidents college transcript is absurd, what's next are they ask for a copy of his drivers license.

People like Trump and Hannity already seem foolish to the main stream from their birth certificate fiasco, they are running out of dumb ideas.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:32 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No. The part where Columbia's website says that being an international student has nothing to do with your citizenship.
Cite it.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:01 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Nothing about Bush was private, you even got Mitt's high school prank out there, but everything documenting Barry's history is out of bounds.

Looks like they had his transcripts from Occidental, but for whatever reason, the documentation has been lost or buried. Some links have been removed from the internet, but some references still remain.

Numerous official government documents records Obama being legally registered as Barry Soetoro. School registries shows the registration of Barack Obama under the name Barry Soetoro. During his Occidental College days he is registered as Barry Soetoro. An entry in the journal of the California assembly in reference to grants given to foreign exchange students (this official government document lists Obama as a foreigner not a US citizen. A US citizen wouldn’t qualify for foreign exchange student funding) states Obama as Barry Soetoro from Indonesia.
Occidental College transcripts provides concrete evidence to annul Obama presidency. | PRESS Core
Barry Soetoro or Barry Obama?

Mitt needs to grow a pair. He refused to go after Obama's associations with Wright, Ayers, Rezko, even that Obama tried to bribe Rev. Wright into silence. Now he won't challange him to release his records in exchange for tax returns. Mitt is either a milktoast, they've got something on him, or he's made an agreement behind closed doors. I tend to think Boehner does the same thing. We need to clean house top to bottom in Congress after we give Barry his eviction papers.
I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to read anything more about birther nuttiness, but this issue caught my attention. After looking through about a million websites, I regret wasting a couple of hours of my time, because this is even crazier than the birth certificate.

Nobody lost anything--no one ever had Obama's transcript. The entire "foreign student" thing is based on a fake AP press release that someone put out on April Fool's day in 2009--the associated press didn't release it. It's not real. It was a joke. You're basing your entire theory on a JOKE.

College records are private documents--no one can release them but Obama, so they haven't been "sealed" by a judge. There is no such organization as "Americans for Freedom of Information." Even if there was, you couldn't file a freedom of information act request (allows you to request government documents) to get college transcripts. My college transcripts can't be released to ANYONE either without my permission. There ARE NO records of any kind of court action on sealing anything--that WOULD be public record, and it doesn't exist. You've been duped, you have the proof in front of you, and despite all evidence you'd rather believe a tin foil hat website than real, credible documents.

As for the rest, according to Occidental College, based on PUBLIC materials that they can release, Obama attended there for two years as an undergraduate under the name Barack Obama--he's listed in their student directory (public) as Barack Obama, and that listing would have been based on his registration there. The Fulbright scholarship for international students that you all are so sure he received IS NOT available for undergraduate students--it's for GRADUATE students, which means you already have a four year undergraduate degree, and you're going back for an additional 2 years for a masters, or 4 years for a PhD or doctorate. He wasn't even eligible to APPLY for a Fulbright,

I'm sure Obama got a scholarship, just like lots of very smart kids get scholarships, but he got it as a US citizen under the name Barack Obama, and it wasn't a scholarship for foreign students.

FactCheck.org : April Fools’… Still
snopes.com: Barack Obama Was a Foreign College Student?

Last edited by mb1547; 08-08-2012 at 07:19 AM..

Old 08-08-2012, 07:02 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You must not have gone to college then.

I spent the summer between by sophomore and junior years in Europe. There were already airplanes in 1981. Did you not know that?
Don't be an ass, of course he could have traveled between his studies, but I've never found out when he took his Middle East trip.

You did not address any of my points, all you did was toss out thinly veiled insults. Occidental does require high standards, and Obama's drug induced haze comments did not describe himself as someone who met those standards.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber123 View Post
Romney releasing his tax cuts are germane to the larger debate about taxes that's going to follow. Romney and the entire Republican party's economic argument is that taxes are astronomically high on the wealthy and need to be reduced. If Romney's tax returns contain periods where he paid less than his 14% rate (which by the way, is ALREADY pretty damn low), then it undercuts his WHOLE ARGUMENT ABOUT THE RICH BEING TAXED TO DEATH.

Whereas Obama's transcripts serve no policy relevant purposes whatsoever.
I think the republicans are satisfied with the current tax rates on the rich, they just think its unfair to raise them any further. Not wanting to increase tax rates, is not a tax cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies