Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 07:12 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,342,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
You read the title right. Obama's college classmate is saying Obama went to Columbia as a foreign student and that is why he isn't releasing his grades to anyone. I believe this to be true. He is advising team Romney to put Obama on the defensive and make him release his college admissions as Donald Trump and talk show host have been suggesting to Romney. I believe this will happen soon.

Root: Obama
From the link:
Quote:
If you could unseal Obama’s Columbia University records I believe you’d find that:
I bolded the key words. Not an ounce of FACTS re Pres. Obama in the entire article...exactly what one expects from The Blaze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 07:16 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Wait, stop and think of this.. If I apply for a position with a company and they want to verify my education I proved a transcript or my records. Nobody is arguing that they are private but if I am the President of the United States and there are questions around my qualification for the Presidency that are taking away from getting work done why in God's name wouldn't I just release them. They are college records not Top Secret CIA documents, although he is willing to release those and not his records.
I've never, ever been asked for a copy of my transcript. Unless you're in a field that requires certification or continuing education hours (like teaching or counseling), I've never known an employer to ask for a transcript. My degrees are listed on my resume. When I check references when I hire, I simply call the school's registrars office to verify that the applicant attended and graduated from the school--it's very simple. No president has EVER been asked to release his transcript, because the grade he got 30 years ago in comparative literature has absolutely no bearing on doing the job of president. When the questions about your qualifications for president have been proved to be based on a fake press release that was an APRIL FOOLS JOKE, do you think you should address it? That's ridiculous.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:17 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
I bet the Obama crew planted this guy to make Romney go after those records and it will turn out that everything is legit!

Romney will then look like an idiot.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:19 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,342,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Surely, you jest.

The little (stupid) people believe what fools like Chrissy Matthews, Andrea Mitchell, etc, tell them to believe. They don't have enough brain power to string their own thoughts together, so they follow the mantra.

I thank God every day that I'm not one of them.
But you are. You just believe different fools and follow a different mantra...

Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Don't be an ass, of course he could have traveled between his studies, but I've never found out when he took his Middle East trip.

You did not address any of my points, all you did was toss out thinly veiled insults. Occidental does require high standards, and Obama's drug induced haze comments did not describe himself as someone who met those standards.
I'm about the same age as the president--lots of kids did recreational drugs and still got great grades--it was a very different time, and drug use was more about experimentation than anything else. Kids tried different drugs to see what they were like, but they weren't taking them to blot out the world and become some kind of addict. It was never my thing, but the drinking age was 18, so we all drank. I spent my entire freshman year going to class during the afternoon, studying at the library until 10, then going out with my friends to bars and then frat or dorm parties until 3 or 4 am, sleeping until 11, and then doing the whole thing over again the next day. You could make the case that we went through college on a "alcohol induced haze" but I still graduated with honors. Everybody did it, and I think it was a pretty typical college experience for most kids in the late 70s. I was at a very good school as well. As long as I put in about three hours of study time for every hour of class, I could pull off straight A's.

After that year, when the farm crisis hit and I had to work my way through school, everything changed, and all I did was study, work and sleep. (I could get partial academic scholarships, but at that time need based financial aid like Pell grants were based on net worth vs. income, so if your family owned farm land you were ineligible. Lots of farm and ranch kids had to scratch and claw to get an education during that time period. ) It sounds to me like Obama sowed some wild oats in school early on but pulled off decent grades, and then got serious about going to the ivy league, transferred to Columbia and basically slept, ate and studied. That's not an uncommon story.

Last edited by mb1547; 08-08-2012 at 07:45 AM..

Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Wait, stop and think of this.. If I apply for a position with a company and they want to verify my education I proved a transcript or my records. Nobody is arguing that they are private but if I am the President of the United States and there are questions around my qualification for the Presidency that are taking away from getting work done why in God's name wouldn't I just release them. They are college records not Top Secret CIA documents, although he is willing to release those and not his records.
There is nothing in the constitution that says a president has to release his/her college records. There is nothing in the constitution that says a president has to have graduated or even attended college. No other president or candidate has ever released a transcript or even a portion of one in advance of a leak.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Nothing about Bush was private, you even got Mitt's high school prank out there, but everything documenting Barry's history is out of bounds.

Looks like they had his transcripts from Occidental, but for whatever reason, the documentation has been lost or buried. Some links have been removed from the internet, but some references still remain.

Numerous official government documents records Obama being legally registered as Barry Soetoro. School registries shows the registration of Barack Obama under the name Barry Soetoro. During his Occidental College days he is registered as Barry Soetoro. An entry in the journal of the California assembly in reference to grants given to foreign exchange students (this official government document lists Obama as a foreigner not a US citizen. A US citizen wouldn’t qualify for foreign exchange student funding) states Obama as Barry Soetoro from Indonesia.
Occidental College transcripts provides concrete evidence to annul Obama presidency. | PRESS Core
Barry Soetoro or Barry Obama?

Mitt needs to grow a pair. He refused to go after Obama's associations with Wright, Ayers, Rezko, even that Obama tried to bribe Rev. Wright into silence. Now he won't challange him to release his records in exchange for tax returns. Mitt is either a milktoast, they've got something on him, or he's made an agreement behind closed doors. I tend to think Boehner does the same thing. We need to clean house top to bottom in Congress after we give Barry his eviction papers.

We had a chance for a REAL CONSERVATIVE with no flip flops in his past. But he cared about social issues, so we didn't want him!!! Rick Santorum!!!

Mitt is going soft because he's running from his own past!!! He can't throw any stones because he was just like Obama a few years ago!!!!

Rick Santorum Super Tuesday Speech - YouTube

The passion.....the fire.......no telelprompters!!

Romney has none of this!!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Don't be an ass, of course he could have traveled between his studies, but I've never found out when he took his Middle East trip.

You did not address any of my points, all you did was toss out thinly veiled insults. Occidental does require high standards, and Obama's drug induced haze comments did not describe himself as someone who met those standards.
He went to Pakistan in 1981. It's the first thing that pops up when you google "when did Obama go to Pakistan". I'm not aware of any middle eastern trip.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Bullhockey. I've never provided a transcript of my college records to any employer. And no employer has ever asked. I simply provide my resume, which shows my educational background. And the employer can verify that information with the schools listed. They don't get a transcript. They don't get copies of my applications. They don't get copies of my SAT scores or my ACT scores. The schools will provide them with the dates of attendance, and with information on my educational focus (majors, minors, cores). That's all. IF an employer wanted more detailed information, the employer could make the request, but the school would require my permission to release such information. And I would be darned sure to make sure that the employer would have good reason to need such information, and would have policies in place to protect my privacy, before I would give my permission.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,478,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
That idiot couldn't keep his stories straight, first he said he or nobody else knew
Obama at Columbia then in the next breath he said everybody said Obama had
bad grades....so which yarn is the truth?
No, he didn't. He said nothing about "everybody said Obama had bad grades."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies