Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 AM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times

Advertisements

It's up because Catholic adoption had to shut down their adoption services.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:06 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Since parents aren't allowed to opt out of teaching this belief system, then they should also teach about Jesus Christ, because belief in him is legal too. This is just as much a religion as any other, it's the religion of sex, the worship of sex. Lust is your God.

Religion of Sex - YouTube

Old 08-10-2012, 02:08 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Since parents aren't allowed to opt out of teaching this belief system, then they should also teach about Jesus Christ, because belief in him is legal too. This is just as much a religion as any other, it's the religion of sex, the worship of sex. Lust is your God.

Religion of Sex - YouTube
Separation of Church and State is a wonderful thing we have in this country. You call it religion of sex, normal people call it good education. Does your god bring you babies via stork or something?

Old 08-14-2012, 08:57 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's up because Catholic adoption had to shut down their adoption services.
No, they didn't -- they just decided that it was better to punish children by no longer assisting in their adoption than to obey state law. They had a choice and made it.
News Features - Catholic Culture

Quote:
Boston Catholic Charities has decided to pull out of adoption services, rather than comply with Massachusetts law that requires adoption agencies not to discriminate against homosexual couples.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:24 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
More kids are adopted? Celebrate. Gay marriage for all states.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:55 AM

502 posts, read 717,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Like I said, your disgusting and destructive discrimination is steadily dying out. A few decades from now, you and people who think like you will be nothing more than an embarrassing historical oddity.

You probably don't believe it, though -- just like, a few decades ago, people just like you (except they were fixated on race, not sexual orientation) just refused to believe that American society would ever accept what they called the disgusting and destructive 'mixing of the races'.

You see, just like you, they had all sorts of nonsensical ways of rationalizing their bigotry.
Interracial marriage and gay marriage are 2 different things. Combining positive and negative particles of different colors is chemistry. Trying to combine 2 particles of the same charge creates nothing.

Btw, I am in a heterosexual interracial relationship and I don't care what gay people do. If anyone needs to banned from marriage, it should be liberal heterosexual yuppies/hipsters who think they're better than the rest of us because they "support gay people". Add them to the list of "stuff white people like" and pour it on the ash heap of history.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 AM

679 posts, read 614,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Interracial marriage and gay marriage are 2 different things. Combining positive and negative particles of different colors is chemistry. Trying to combine 2 particles of the same charge creates nothing.

Btw, I am in a heterosexual interracial relationship and I don't care what gay people do. If anyone needs to banned from marriage, it should be liberal heterosexual yuppies/hipsters who think they're better than the rest of us because they "support gay people". Add them to the list of "stuff white people like" and pour it on the ash heap of history.
Combing 2 particles of different colors? Hahah, technically if you combine a positive and negative particle you get a neutral charge, combining a positive and positive gets a positive charge. Like when you wear socks on a thick carpet and build up a charge to then touch somebody with. Yeah, that's combining particles of the same charge.

Combining different colored particles, wow good stuff

Old 08-15-2012, 09:19 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,500 times
Quote:
Ah, the trite old "But same-sex marriages can't produce children!" nonsense.

First off, we don't limit the ability of people to marry based on their ability to conceive as a couple, so your point is utterly irrelevant. Second, if marriage is all about children, then you should actively support same-sex marriage, because same-sex couples do indeed have children, by a variety of means.

Quote:
Uh huh. First, you complain about how same-sex marriages are like two electrons (hint -- using particle physics as a marital analogy is, at best, nonsensical), then you insist you have no problem with them.

Uh huh. Sure you don't...

Old 08-15-2012, 09:27 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times
..And this affects my marriage/lifestyle because? From what I see it affects the religious puritans more than anyone else because of their selective passages of the bible

Old 08-15-2012, 09:32 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times
Quote:

They do have a couple of things in common:
1. Man has used the bible in both cases as a reason preventing in an attempt from happening
2. Man has also used bigotry and laws to prevent both from happening as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.