Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 05:59 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Link, please.
What, about cats with six toes? Have you not seen this?

Old 10-18-2012, 05:59 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It happens, but it's also rare and it's not NORMAL. Pretending it is, doesn't make is so, anymore than a cat born with six toes is normal, it's an anomoly or deviation.
Saying it's not NORMAL is perfectly fine, as NORMAL is defined as conforming to the standard or common type. So being homosexual is abnormal in much the same way that being left handed is abnormal. The post you are defending, however, goes beyond that, claiming that homosexuality is LEARNED. There's absolutely no reliable evidence or research I know of that substantiates such a statement.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I don't know a single gay, lesbian, or bisexual person who was raised by gay, lesbian, or bisexual people. And none of my friends raised by a same-sex couple grew up to be gay. And I live in Massachusetts.

Since a comparatively small percentage of gays and lesbians are raising children, where are all these gays and lesbians coming from?
I used to think "who would ever want to be gay?", but now it's fashionable, they feel "special". This will all wear off, especially when they have to be held responsible for the ex and the kids, just like everybody else. It will lose it's sparkle. We have a legal term for these kind of things, "attractive nuisance", things that draw children, that adults should protect them from. If a youngster feels he is truly gay, that's the way it is, and he/she should be supported for whatever choices they make. All I'm saying is that this choice should not be encouraged as a model for society. It's just one more nail in the coffin of the tradtitional family - which is the foundation of our decaying society.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
What, about cats with six toes? Have you not seen this?
Yep, I had a Hemmingway cat. They are actually quite easy to find. I also had a Minx that had 6 toes.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yep, I had a Hemmingway cat. They are actually quite easy to find. I also had a Minx that had 6 toes.

We have two Hemmingway cats. Much more prevalent on the East Coast, and all over the place in Florida (seeing as this is where the Hemmingway House is). They are also nicknamed "conch cats", "boxing cats", "mitten cats", "mitten-foot cats", "snowshoe cats", "thumb cats", "six-fingered cats", and "Cardi-cats". Official name is polydactyl cats. they are so adorable, cause it looks like they have a "real" hand.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:32 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
We have two Hemmingway cats. Much more prevalent on the East Coast, and all over the place in Florida (seeing as this is where the Hemmingway House is). They are also nicknamed "conch cats", "boxing cats", "mitten cats", "mitten-foot cats", "snowshoe cats", "thumb cats", "six-fingered cats", and "Cardi-cats". Official name is polydactyl cats. they are so adorable, cause it looks like they have a "real" hand.
I grew up in Florida. They really aren't the rare anomaly that is being portrayed by some.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Saying it's not NORMAL is perfectly fine, as NORMAL is defined as conforming to the standard or common type. So being homosexual is abnormal in much the same way that being left handed is abnormal. The post you are defending, however, goes beyond that, claiming that homosexuality is LEARNED. There's absolutely no reliable evidence or research I know of that substantiates such a statement.
Of course not. Homosexuality is a gene, just as liberals carry the "smart gene"

It's all hereditary and is corroborated by evidential proof discovered... by the scientists... who... carry... those... smart... genes.......... <sigh>

Old 10-18-2012, 06:46 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
It happens, but it's also rare and it's not NORMAL. Pretending it is, doesn't make is so, anymore than a cat born with six toes is normal, it's an anomoly or deviation.
Maybe homosexuality is the norm, and heterosexuality the deviation.

It's kind of like the old question about a zebra's stripes being black-on-white or vice versa.

Homosexuality might be evolution's way of ensuring that the planet doesn't become overpopulated.

It might be a lot of things, but all of them are normal.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So now we have two gay men that cannot conceive children can only adopt and we KNOW gay men stick with gay men and lesbians stick with lesbians so they cannot conceive on their own, right there the population decreases....and as LTGB becomes more mainstream the birth rate will drop even more..

In a few generations the TGBL community will self implode for lack of bodies....
This has got to set a record for one of the most logically ridiculous posts I've ever seen, ever, anywhere.

LTGB (which you got out of order, btw), will not become "more mainstream". A certain subsection of humanity has always, and will always be gay. Virtually all of them are born to heterosexual parents, though occasionally homosexuals (and more commonly, bisexuals) breed.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:53 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You unrepentant brazen homosexuals are bringing the wrath of God on the United States. Thanks for contributing to the destruction of a once blessed nation.

So your God was okay with segregation, blacks as slaves, women basically having no rights or rights of ownership?
Children forced to work in sweat shops and sometimes maimed or killed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies