Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

We'll soon know who vandalized the restaurant.

Quote:
The store hired a cleaner to remove the items early in the day, Santangelo said.

Physical evidence and video surveillance of the suspect were collected at the scene, according to police.
Chick-fil-A vandalized with marriage equality stickers, image of gay pride flag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'd also like them to tell us how this represents ALL gays, or even the gay community as a whole. Since heterosexuals have been responsible for much anti-gay graffiti over the years, should we assume that represents all straight people? Sure doesn't represent me!
The same way a bad action from a conservative or Christian represents all conservatives and Christians.....you know how it goes.....two way street and all.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Are these being investigated/reported as hate crimes? Ironic how these people are the ones always calling for "tolerance". They are the true bigots of America.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Whether I agree with Chick fil A or not tolarence says protest with your money, not with vandalism.

But vandalism is the only thing Liberals know when they don't get their way.

Like I said, liberals know tolarence as a one way street.
Exactly!!! The hypocrisy is disgusting.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:47 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
oh get over yourselves.

I'm a liberal and I find this kind of acts disgusting behavior, and I don't care who did it. Its criminal. there are better ways to protest (standing on a street corner with signs, boycotting, take out an ad in the newspaper, etc). Any crime committed in protest, is still a crime.

I said the same thing about the Orange County march where two Police Officers shot two gang members. They protesters destroyed businesses (who have nothing to do with the underlying issue). Those protesters responsible should be arrested

Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM

569 posts, read 671,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When it is painted on the building so it has to be covered it is just that. Nobody is going to leave that kind of thing on the building.

I finally realized that many of the gay community really don't believe in freedom of speech from anyone but them. When Cathy made that statement he proved, through the gay community, that CEOs just aren't allowed freedom of speech or thought. Maybe it is time for some of the gay community to begin taking over those jobs so the ''right'' things can be said.
Of course he is allowed to say whatever he wants and you know that. He just isn't free from the consequences of said speech such as protests, possible loss of business, loss of reputation.

Imagine that, someone is offended by personal beliefs of the owner/CEO/whathaveyou and by golly, take their business elsewhere. AND they practice freedom of speech as well by announcing WHY they will no longer support the business. Freedom of speech goes both ways. Many of you were ready to boycott JCP because Ellen was their spokesperson. Rock on with your boycott and I will with mine.

I mentioned previously that CFA wasn't in my town but found out they are trying to open one a few blocks from my house. Should be interesting to see how that goes. My county was the only one to strike down Prop 8 so not a good place for the anti-gay to be.

Should the places of business be vandalized? No.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No one has said that the owner didn't have a right to speak his opinion. Don't twist this into something it's not.
What did the community say in return for the words of Cathy? I guess I missed out on what they really said.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Boycotting a business does not violate anyone's freedom of speech rights.
Why did the boycott get called? Surely gays don't just pick out a business and call a national boycott against it.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, it is just a different day and a different group being discriminated against...The parallels are there...Once gays achieve equality, who becomes the next target of injustice?
I doubt they will ever achieve that equality, since it only has to do with marriage, but they might have to stop trying to compare themselves to the blacks of the mid-20th century if they are to get that equality.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
Of course he is allowed to say whatever he wants and you know that. He just isn't free from the consequences of said speech such as protests, possible loss of business, loss of reputation.

Imagine that, someone is offended by personal beliefs of the owner/CEO/whathaveyou and by golly, take their business elsewhere. AND they practice freedom of speech as well by announcing WHY they will no longer support the business. Freedom of speech goes both ways. Many of you were ready to boycott JCP because Ellen was their spokesperson. Rock on with your boycott and I will with mine.

I mentioned previously that CFA wasn't in my town but found out they are trying to open one a few blocks from my house. Should be interesting to see how that goes. My county was the only one to strike down Prop 8 so not a good place for the anti-gay to be.

Should the places of business be vandalized? No.
I think that what you say about not agreeing with the man is ok but stop and think about what boycotting all the franchised businesses in the country did in the way of free speech. The man spoke his mind and gays went after all those franchised businesses. I doubt that that could have hurt him very bad since most franchises aren't based on how much business the people do.

BTW, I didn't manage to join that crap about Penneys although I haven't bought anything there since that time. I don't feel the need for clothes and that is where I buy most of mine. I just remembered I bought a wallet in Penneys a couple of months ago. The one I had from them didn't make it through the third time in our washer. Yeah, I foot it three times in two years. Maybe old age has crept up on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies