Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 08:59 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,749,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Not really, but nice try...

P.S. I'm not a Democrat, so if you were attempting a personal jab it failed.
It's never personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,060,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Hopefully they find who does it and it gets handled appropriately per the laws of that city/county regarding vandalism.

Not sure they're "terrorists" or anything, but appeal to emotion is a popular fallacy.

It's just another example of people supporting the violation of the law for a cause they like, sadly. Kind of like that kid who was fined for not having a permit to sell burgers. Those who thought the cause was good felt that he should omitted from following the laws regarding permit acquisition.
The kid did not willfully and overt break the law - these protestors did.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,507,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Thank your government and their researching social engineers for this concerted effort to de-ball the American male and make the female dysfunctional to the male. This is not an accident. All this stuff is a well laid out plan to destroy the independence and dignity of America. Empires through out history have gone into a state of decadence and rot- then eventual collapse once their ability to breed has been destroyed...In time all of you will be like cattle for the eating- weak and submissive sexless creatures- slaves!
Some people get off on that.

[so draaaaamaaaaaticcc...!!]

Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,442,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No one has said that the owner didn't have a right to speak his opinion. Don't twist this into something it's not.

And what of the vandals/terrorists?

Are they included in "no one"?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Boycotting a business does not violate anyone's freedom of speech rights.

Does retaliatory vandalism and bomb threats?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:51 PM

30,418 posts, read 52,048,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And what of the vandals/terrorists?

Are they included in "no one"?
If the owner were merely speaking an opinion, I doubt this vandalism would even have occurred. Nobody is protesting In & Out for their Bible verses, are they? Matter of fact, the (sarcastic) suggestion of doing so resulted in collective laughter on this forum.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:51 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,082,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Hopefully they find who does it and it gets handled appropriately per the laws of that city/county regarding vandalism.

Not sure they're "terrorists" or anything, but appeal to emotion is a popular fallacy.

It's just another example of people supporting the violation of the law for a cause they like, sadly. Kind of like that kid who was fined for not having a permit to sell burgers. Those who thought the cause was good felt that he should omitted from following the laws regarding permit acquisition.
I agree, our society is hurt by these emotional people who can't bring themselves to think calmly. I do not advocate even "civil disobedience" as that is a crime also. And punishments should be handled lawfully and not emotionally. Although our society itself doesn't bother to educate the People on the various laws, regulations, and punishments that are agreed upon by the voted representatives, people should educate themselves and be held responsible for the criminal threats and damages.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Nope, sure doesn't. Was it a free speech violation when the "million (sic) moms" boycotted JC Penny? Funny how people change their views of the laws based on their personal feelings about the issue - and that applies to everyone, not just one group or another. Everyone has the right to speak their minds, boycott or protest peacefully, and vandalizing a business isn't cool even if I agree with the message. Although you do have to admit, there are worse things to have on your wall than a rainbow... at least they did it in a happy & colorful way, LOL.

(not to mention they're advocating LOVE, so it's sad we have people who are so offended by that. JMO)

Did a million moms vandalize JCP?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:52 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,372,605 times
Quote:
I don't know who he is (going to Google it now), but go right ahead if it's relevant to boycotting CFA.

Haha... thanks for the linguistics lesson, but I really do know the difference (just have brain-farts when typing sometimes). I actually have a degree in English, but in my defense it was a literature concentration.
Ha. Me, too.

Which explains my relative poverty...

Old 08-13-2012, 09:58 PM

30,418 posts, read 52,048,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Did a million moms vandalize JCP?
Did I say they did? You saw the quote to which I was responding (seeing as you also responded to it), so don't make my comment more than it was.

Edit: Although, for the record, they did pressure/ask JCP to fire an innocent woman for being gay - which is a CLEAR violation of our state's laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies