Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:33 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Wow. You really like to reach for things.
Yeah, me and the Salt Lake City Tribune.

Quote:
Most of these women met him through a dating site. They all met him for one or more dates. The article merely says he claimed to be a powerful politician.
And Facebook where he was pictured with Romney.

Quote:
It doesn't even say the woman was illegal. It says he threatened to have her deported.
And someone would feel threatened by deportation why exactly if she wasn't undocumented?

Quote:
As for the police - I don't know much about Utah police. The police department says they would never tell a victim to delay reporting. What is the truth?
Always best to believe the police in everything.

Quote:
The guy is scum. It has nothing to do with his political leanings.
If you say so. The Salt Lake City Tribune disagrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 04:33 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The man is an absolute scumbag. Him being a Republican "activist" is entirely irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Point is nuts come in all kinds of shells
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I find it interesting that the paper this article is in continuously kept bringing up the fact that he was a republican. I understand he has done some fundraisers for the GOP, but what does that have to do with his case other than to explain why the Brazilian lady was at his house the first time?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps this was the WHOLE point of the OP posting this thread... considering whenever a homosexual commits a crime people blame it on the whole gay community (see the recent Chick-Fil-A vandalism thread), and when a Democrat commits a crime it's all "typical liberal/Dem" this & that. So while I completely agree with the above comments, I hope you keep that in mind the next time a gay or liberal American breaks the law. Get what I'm saying?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:49 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps this was the WHOLE point of the OP posting this thread... considering whenever a homosexual commits a crime people blame it on the whole gay community (see the recent Chick-Fil-A vandalism thread), and when a Democrat commits a crime it's all "typical liberal/Dem" this & that. So while I completely agree with the above comments, I hope you keep that in mind the next time a gay or liberal American breaks the law. Get what I'm saying?

While I agree with your general point, this is an apples and oranges comparision. He didn't rape any one to promote activism on behalf of a Republican cause, he raped someone because he's a dispicable human being.

The Chick Fil A vandalism was done to promote a cause, or at least, express an opinion related to their cause. And I'm sure there are examples of similar things from all sides.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Wow, on this i have got to agree with you, whether this be a scumbag democrat or a scumbag republician, these actions are wrong, and awful to commprehend.

But these are not the actions of the whole party.

Your right posts as these and statments, only make this for a tit for tat scenerio, and so goes on and on.

In this case, this guy, is a scumbag of the worse kind.
fixed it for you.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Okay...so The Republicans have this scumbag. But worse...The Democrats have Pelosi!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:29 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
If it's a political conservative, press and liberals automatically assume guilt. If he's a Democratic Party US President from Arkansas, then the women are lying and NOW, the press, and liberals will attack his accusers while defending him.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:34 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
So showing support and having close ties to a political candidate for president is now a valid point for attack? Two people in Chicago should be brought out for this year's debates then.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Okay...so The Republicans have this scumbag. But worse...The Democrats have Pelosi!

I may be mean, sorry. But this comment made me laugh. Pelosi is a different catergory all her own

Old 08-15-2012, 06:06 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
While I agree with your general point, this is an apples and oranges comparision. He didn't rape any one to promote activism on behalf of a Republican cause, he raped someone because he's a dispicable human being.

The Chick Fil A vandalism was done to promote a cause, or at least, express an opinion related to their cause. And I'm sure there are examples of similar things from all sides.
In the case of CFA you are correct, but that was just one example... so how about the threads regarding "gay" pedophiles, where people respond with (things like) "and we want to legalize marriage for these sickos?" I see that crap over & over, so I'm just saying we need to watch that sort of generalizing/lumping from both sides.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:10 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Are you a mod now? Because it's a GOP activist who possibly used his position to find out information about one of the women that he kidnapped, held hostage, and raped.
I'm sure Romney just lost the election because of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies