Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 05:07 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I always have to ask if people mean the most important one, Washington, or the best leader, Lincoln.

You really should read about Lincoln before you say that. He shredded the constitution and put us on our current path of Big Government with total power in the hands of the Feds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 05:49 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You must be on welfare, unemployment and food stamps and are driving a cash for clunker..... Or maybe you are the ex CEO of Solyndra.
I resent that, you stupid &^@$*(&^(!@#$!.....Chrysler Corp.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:59 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Just put him on ignore and save yourself the grief, it makes this forum more tolerable to use this function.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
Default Favorite president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I figured wed stick with something different and not an argue here . I have a tie between teddy r and harry truman . Lincoln is a strong second though.
I guess Gary Johnson garyjohnson2012 dot org He's for the 100% equally.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:05 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
You have to realize that when you imply soemthing so far from rational thinking (that Obama is a good president) you may have just a few people laughing and shaking their heads...... ok just about everyone

Old 09-03-2012, 06:07 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:

So you are the ex CEO of Solyndra.... That's why you say Obama has done some much for you. Well, you are one of the lucky ones. Most of us just sent our tax dollars to the Feds so they could give them to Obama's buddies.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
Quote:
President Obama...did more for me than the last five presidents, in my lifetime, combined!

I dont like dems or their liberal policies, always voted conservative in the past but will abstain this time round. Till republican party can get their act together, i believe a lot of them should be shot to be quite honest.

As far as presidents go, Not one act from any past president has ever won both admiration nor respect, someone told me that i should raise my level of expectations and standards a little higher.

Well, what this one President has done is something no other President has ever done after WWII, despite republicans being PRO military, not one white president (dem or gop) could not do. Was to approve benefits to those Brave WWII Filipino Vets who were promised for fighting and dying for America. To dare say, for political reasons is fallacy since Filipino americans only count for 1.1% of the population. He did what no other could do, restore pride,dignity to the forgotten brave souls and to folks like me.

None other than President Barack Obama. He IS the MAN!!

Old 09-03-2012, 06:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Well, what this one President has done is something no other President has ever done after WWII, despite republicans being PRO military, not one white president (dem or gop) could not do. Was to approve benefits to those Brave WWII Filipino Vets who were promised for fighting and dying for America. To dare say, for political reasons is fallacy since Filipino americans only count for 1.1% of the population. He did what no other could do, restore pride,dignity to the forgotten brave souls and to folks like me.

In 1991 I helped my Filipino father-in-law get his VA benefits. He deserved it after fighting the Japs in WWII. I believe Barack was a community organizer back then.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:39 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
You really should read about Lincoln before you say that. He shredded the constitution and put us on our current path of Big Government with total power in the hands of the Feds.
It's true that Lincon suspended habeus corpus and violated basic constitutional rights as a temporary measure; and the people who succeded him were just as harsh .... for a time. But Lincoln made no major effort to consoldate his power, and his actions were taken at the nation's darkest hour.

Some of you might note that while I'm proud to characterize my own beliefs as conservative, I recognize Frankilin Rosevelt as a man who weathered the twin crisies of Great Depression and global war. Roosevelt's economic policies were flawed -- what really saved our economy was the Supreme Court's invalidation of the National Recovery folly -- and FDR then embarrassed himslef with his attempt to "pack" the Court with additional judges.

But crazy as those ideas were, power-hungry men with more dangerous ideas were waiting if Roosevelt failed. He held the nation together and alllowed his own party's Southern conservative wing to restore a balance between what would work and what wouldn't. That action, coupled with his foresight in global affairs, is sufficient.

Neither the current occupant of the White House, nor the power=brokers behind him, nor most of the lukewarm opposition, are anywhere close to that category.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
So you are the ex CEO of Solyndra.... That's why you say Obama has done some much for you. Well, you are one of the lucky ones. Most of us just sent our tax dollars to the Feds so they could give them to Obama's buddies.
looks like we are also going to be sending more of our tax dollars to egypt- which increased its aid request to 4.8 billion dollars, and our forgiveness of their former debt. (to the tune of 1 billion more dollars)

this country must be flush with money!

good times!

oh, and this is what "our leader" has been hashing out as well:
In addition to the debt assistance, the administration has thrown its support behind a $4.8 billion loan being negotiated between Egypt and the International Monetary Fund. Last week, it dispatched the first of two delegations to work out details of the proposed debt assistance, as well as $375 million in financing and loan guarantees for American financiers who invest in Egypt and a $60 million investment fund for Egyptian businesses.

so let's get this straight? americans are struggling and obama is working out an aid deal for american financiers who invest in egypt, while the muslim brotherhood rises, and he "regulates" our own business development here in the US.

what country was obama elected president of again????? right now, my answer is anybody but obama for favorite president- even jimmy carter is starting to look good to me.

i liked a lot of eisenhower's quotes:http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...isenhower.html

Last edited by floridasandy; 09-03-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies