Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 10:26 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,162,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Not if the child is over 3, and almost never if the child is over 6.
Thank you for posting this. Very few are interested in taking on the responsibilities of raising 10 year-olds who have been through hell.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:46 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,008,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Pretty much arguing with anyone on this forum is pointless.
And you wonder why....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Most unwanted fetuses will end up voting Democrat if allowed to live. I say chop up as many as you can before they get out of the womb.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:59 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,407,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post

We oppose birth control because it encourages sex before marriage, and we, as Catholics, believe in abstinence, which, if you think about it, is birth control. And it's 100% effective.
Though in fairness what that really encourages is saddlebacking.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:04 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,585,614 times
Quote:
--------------------There are a few points to me telling you all this:
1) Liberals/pro-choice people who spout tolerance, learn some.
2) When you see people praying, whether you are Atheist, Christian, Conservative or Liberal, show some respect and don't be rude.
3) People who are pro-life: I talk about this issue a lot and i have always been very pro-life but after this experience I realize that you have to do more than just talk about it, you have to try to help people.

Thanks for reading.
By "help", I'm guessing you mean prevent them from having abortions? And then what? Are you going to pay their salary and help them out when they are on strict bed-rest? Are you going to pay their medical bills if the infant has health issues? Are you going to buy food for them? I really wish people would expend as much energy on the living as they do on the pre-living.

When you the OP has volunteered at the food bank, with foster children, in women's shelters, etc. then come back and tell us you have devoted equal time to those in need of care, I will give some credibility, until that time........grow up.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,684,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Though in fairness what that really encourages is saddlebacking.

Off to google....

Old 09-08-2012, 11:06 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,407,796 times
Quote:
Annulment isn't a divorce. It makes it so it never happened. Like magic hahaha
Yep. Because back in the day they had to have some face saving way for princes to divorce their princesses in case the royal baby making operation had supply problems. Really it is just and expedient way to get around dogma that doesn't work in the real world.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
By "help", I'm guessing you mean prevent them from having abortions? And then what? Are you going to pay their salary and help them out when they are on strict bed-rest?
Nope. Not their problem.

Quote:
Are you going to pay their medical bills if the infant has health issues?
Nope. Not their problem.

Quote:
Are you going to buy food for them?
Nope. Not their problem.

They "saved" the fetus. What happens after that is simply not their problem.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:10 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,684,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Nope. Not their problem.

Nope. Not their problem.

Nope. Not their problem.

They "saved" the fetus. What happens after that is simply not their problem.

Yes, they in turn are usually disgusted by the saved fetus and few years down the road when it's an actual living child that is a product of an unstable home.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:27 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,618,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
The foster care system is by and large a horrible in this country. The movement now is to repair families in which there is abuse and keep the kids within that unit due to the trauma of being detached from it.
Here's a wonderful lesbian couple that has taken in three special needs children. Unfortunately as they care for these children, they are also having to fight for the right to adopt them because of legalized bigotry in the state of Michigan.

Gay couple challenging Michigan's ban on adoptions by unmarried same-sex partners | News - Home

Old 09-08-2012, 11:36 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Yes, they in turn are usually disgusted by the saved fetus and few years down the road when it's an actual living child that is a product of an unstable home.
Yes, THEN they aren't the cute little zygotes in the ultrasounds the religious fanatics force on women and then, like the OP, sigh over and get all teary-eyed about. THEN they are thugs in the making, leeches sucking off the teat of government, expecting such frivolous things as food and medical attention and an education. THEN they better be able to pull themselves up by their training shoe bootstraps and take care of themselves. What do they think this is, a NANNY STATE or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies