Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,320,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Pretty much arguing with anyone on this forum is pointless.
Pointless, you say? Have you ever stopped to think that just because people don't come over to your side doesn't mean your arguing was pointless? If people fail to agree with you, maybe you need to change your views, although that won't happen.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:10 PM

15,879 posts, read 21,481,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
From what I have read from the OP no such manner was displayed, although some of the responses certainly do qualify..
The OP did not, but she was standing in solidarity with people who were. Attempting to engage others in conversation when it is clear that they are unwanted is RUDE. Impeding the private, peaceful pursuit of medical care because a few of the women might be getting a procedure that you disagree with (while the vast majority of women are not) is HATEFUL. Assuming that most of the women are there for abortions is IGNORANT and JUDGMENTAL.

From what I read of the OP, her group displayed all such manners, even if she was not doing it herself.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I have some very close Christian friends who take in foster kids. But they aren't really doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They take them in because it pays good money and they get down on their luck quite often. When they do, that's went 2 to 4 kids will show up at their doorsteps. When they get some work---they are self-employed---they'll send the kids back. The amount of kids in our foster care system is a national disgrace and it would only grow worse if people like the OP get their way with closing down Planned Parenthood.

ETA: They are good to the kids while they're there but they are only there for a few months and then the kids get recycled/passed on to another foster home. Not a good or stable way for kids to grow up.
I have no problem with agreeing with you, at all, but the bolded part tells us what you think about what Planned Parenthood does in the main. From the chart I saw earlier in this thread showed that they do so few abortions and you laud them for their work in preventing population growth, I think.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Most unwanted fetuses will end up voting Democrat if allowed to live. I say chop up as many as you can before they get out of the womb.
Not a bad suggestion, at all. We surely don't need too many more of that kind of people.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:17 PM

8,896 posts, read 5,389,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Then what you are saying is that the protesters are committing a crime?

By all means, if they're committing a crime, let's call the police off the streets where they're catching rapists and drunk drivers and people selling meth to little kids so they can run interference for women who are, more than likely, just trying to get into P.P. for a mammogram.
Various posters on this thread have accused the protesters of harrassing these women. If the protesters are guilty of this, call the police. Harassment is a crime, at least in my city.

Sounds like some abortionists need to start paying for some off-duty police.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:18 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,456,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
1) I drop out, and take classes online. I tell the guy to shove the money up his %$$ and I have the baby and put him/her up for adoption.

2) I beg my parents not to kick me out and ask them to compromise by letting me give the child up for adoption. If they refuse I move out and find any family member who will support me until the end of the pregnancy. If I can't find anyone I go to a shelter until the end of the pregnancy and give the child up for adoption. I try to move on as best I can and get as much education as I can until I am old enough to get a job. (you my not believe it but this is really what I would do. I am willing to fight tooth and nail for what I believe in. Thank God my parents would never do that to me.)

3) I tell my fiance the truth and pray that he doesn't leave me. If he does, I come clean, loose my job and go get a job somewhere else. Depending on how much money and resources I have before I get the job and after, I make a decision to keep the child or put him/her up for adoption. Maybe find a couple in the church to adopt him/her (it's what my amazing ex-sister in law did.)
Did you know that less then 10% of children put up for adoption find families? The rest end up being a financial burden on the "welfare" (for various definitions of welfare,) system.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Thank you for posting this. Very few are interested in taking on the responsibilities of raising 10 year-olds who have been through hell.
At our house we took in a 17 year old when she was released from a girl's home after a year there. Of course, we knew her from a much earlier age and we were tough enough with her the first couple of months that she decided we were the bosses and either changed or hid her shortcomings. She is, today, a 49 year old mother of a well behaved little boy of 11 and they have a happy life together. She did serve our nation in the Middle East 3 of the last 5 years but the boy made it through all of that.

There is a family in our little town that sometimes has 4 teen aged girls in their home that has them for money only and it doesn't work so well with the kids.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,316,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
I'll do you one better. I'd keep the baby and make that bastard pay child support. Nobody f***s me over! Then I'll screw up my life, and make sure he gets custody, but I still get the child support because some crap judge is biased!!! I WIN.

Wow the legal system needs some fixing.
And the kid loses.
Hooray, you win.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:24 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have no problem with agreeing with you, at all, but the bolded part tells us what you think about what Planned Parenthood does in the main. From the chart I saw earlier in this thread showed that they do so few abortions and you laud them for their work in preventing population growth, I think.

You are being deliberately obtuse. Planned Parenthood's main function is not abortions as you very well know. The majority of their resources go to preventing pregnancies. Pro-Lifers will not stop until they completely shut down every PP in the country just because a small part of their budget goes to abortions.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Nope. Not their problem.

Nope. Not their problem.

Nope. Not their problem.

They "saved" the fetus. What happens after that is simply not their problem.
After making this post please explain that you aren't interested in abortion for population control only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies