Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 08:58 PM

289 posts, read 396,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
It's funny how people claim the poor don't have id to vote, how do you suppose they qualify for government assistance ie sec 8/welfare/food stamps? The honor system?

The only thing that these proposals make me think of are my grandmother (god bless her soul) and her sister. My grandmom passed a few years back in her 90's and her sister has just reached that age. They probably aren't properly ID'd enough to vote and live on fixed incomes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 09:06 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroid View Post
The only thing that these proposals make me think of are my grandmother (god bless her soul) and her sister. My grandmom passed a few years back in her 90's and her sister has just reached that age. They probably aren't properly ID'd enough to vote and live on fixed incomes.
Uh Huh .. 90's and NO iD.
Gotcha.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 PM

629 posts, read 946,344 times
Quote:
It's funny how people claim the poor don't have id to vote, how do you suppose they qualify for government assistance ie sec 8/welfare/food stamps? The honor system?
Not all people who qualify for assistance actually apply for assistance. You knew that, right?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 PM

438 posts, read 1,531,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Not all people who qualify for assistance actually apply for assistance. You knew that, right?

Uh yeah, I'm sure very, very few people that qualify don't apply. Poor people live with other poor people and if someone finds out their neighbors qualify for something you bet dam well they're gonna try also.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:23 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
SNAP/Food Stamps and Homelessness - MassLegalHelp

Quote:
Myth: You need a photo ID to get SNAP/Food Stamps.
Fact: You need proof of identity. A photo ID is one way to prove identity. You can’t be turned down for SNAP/Food Stamps benefits because you don’t have photo ID. You can use another ID like a work or school badge, a health benefits card, an ID from another social service, a pay stub, a birth certificate, or a voter registration card. The SNAP/Food Stamps worker can also check your identity by calling shelter workers or employers.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:24 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I heard ya had to have an ID to get in the DNC.
I don't know if that is true, but the attending the DNC is not a right of every citizen.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This list, just shows how completely out of touch folks are with people who live in poverty. No one living in poverty is going on a plane, train, or any of those things. You rent a room in someone's house, no ID needed for utilities. You don't have a checking account, you live on a cash only basis, you are too broke and have too many credit problems to get a checking account. Social security comes to a gov account, and you have a debit card for that.

No car, no insurance. You are so absolutely clueless about poverty. You don't get medication, you have no insurance.

Are you begininning to understand? Clueless.
Um, how does anyone have "credit problems" that doesn't have an ID?

I think you folks are full of crap to be polite. There's no way to go through your life without having some form of ID. You couldn't even get into the DNC convention without have an ID some sort and they're the loudest tards around screaming you shouldn't have to have an ID to play a role in determining this nation's future.

We may need to see certain documents in order to pay benefits and help us decide how much your benefits should be. The documents you'll need will depend on the circumstances of your claim. The documents we may ask for are:

your Social Security card (or a record of your number);
your original birth certificate or other proof of birth (You may also submit a copy of your birth certificate certified by the issuing agency);
proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status if you were not born in the U.S. [More Info];
a copy of your U.S. military service paper(s) (e.g., DD-214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) if you had military service before 1968; and
a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.

Retirement Planner: What Documents Will You Need When You Apply?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I don't know if that is true, but the attending the DNC is not a right of every citizen.
And .. It isn't a Right for every 'citizen' to vote in a Federal election.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM

289 posts, read 396,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Uh Huh .. 90's and NO iD.
Gotcha.
You really think thats uncommon?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroid View Post
You really think thats uncommon?
I 'Think' that we have a nOOb board troll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies