Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:34 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
how about all of the straight couples doing it why is it suddenly dirty when gay men do it...i guess it's kinda like how wrong it is for sites like grindr and craigslist when it's gay men but there's sites just like that for straights so how is that okay...they're either both wrong and dirty or not.

And, not only are there straight hookup apps.... Craigslist ALSO has a very well trafficked section for STRAIGHT anonymous encounters as well!

Not to mention sites such as backpage, where straight men go to pick up prostitutes., the proliferation of swingers and sex clubs, etc.

It's all chalked up to ignorance on behalf of some segments of the straight community as to what their compatriots really get up to.

Just because THEY do it in the dark, missionary style and through a hole in the sheet doesn't mean everyone else does!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 10:59 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,929 times
Paris was talking about the gay subculture, not those of us who don't identify in said gay subculture. Context makes the subtle difference. Still, the subculture gays shouldn't be judged, but reached out to and educated in safer sexual practices. Drug interventions are a must as Crystal Meth is corealated in a majority of male to male HIV transmissions these days

*Side note: HIV is not AIDS and HIV/AIDS is not a punishment. No one deserves it. We are all human, we all make mistakes in different ways. Contracting a potentially life threatening virus is a tragedy regardless of promiscuity level.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:28 AM

465 posts, read 508,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And, not only are there straight hookup apps.... Craigslist ALSO has a very well trafficked section for STRAIGHT anonymous encounters as well!

Not to mention sites such as backpage, where straight men go to pick up prostitutes., the proliferation of swingers and sex clubs, etc.

It's all chalked up to ignorance on behalf of some segments of the straight community as to what their compatriots really get up to.

Just because THEY do it in the dark, missionary style and through a hole in the sheet doesn't mean everyone else does!

I was also talking about the double standard of gay anal sex = yucky of a lot of my conservative friends, but they don't mind having anal sex with their wife. How is it different? I don't always have the clearest thoughts. I was talking about that as well in my first sentence. To me it seems it'd be just as dirty or just as clean, but I guess I'm just weird like that.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:21 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,790,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
She won't because liberals love billionaires, especially spoiled heiresses. Do you even read what you post??
No, actually it's conservatives who love billionaires, because they are so determined that they shouldn't have to pay their fair share of taxes.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:21 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,220 times
She is the perfect spokesperson for the Republican party, an entitled airhead who's never lived in the real world and looks down on gays and anyone of color. I expect a presidential run in 2020.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:10 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
You guys are all haters, her work in "House of Wax" being passed over for an Oscar was one of the great shames of this country. The future is bright for this talented young lady, and I for one look forward to what she'll dazzle us with next.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:17 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You guys are all haters, her work in "House of Wax" being passed over for an Oscar was one of the great shames of this country. The future is bright for this talented young lady, and I for one look forward to what she'll dazzle us with next.
Yeah, she is just a beacon of great acting....

I think she is a talentless bigot and every moment that passes without having to look or hear from her..... is a good moment

Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
She's got a multi-billion dollar empire now--everything from entertainment to clothes, to perfume, to moto gp, to contact lenses. She's impressive.

Paris Hilton

I saw an interview of her where she said that so many of her trust-fund friends were basically perpetual children, dependent on mom and dad. They often had to go begging to mom and dad, and mom & dad still held an implicit veto over their major decisions. She said she didn't want to end up like that, which is why she decided to create her own thing.

Come to think of it, I've heard some of the same sentiments out of Rush Limbaugh. He said that from a young age, one of the things that really drove him was his need not to be dependent.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:21 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Yeah, she is just a beacon of great acting....
Dammit I forgot need to include the sarcasm indicator for the slow folks.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,339,684 times
This is nuts...for some reason I always thought she would have been very "gay friendly"...In any event,forgive me if I don't take lessons in morality from that skank anyways....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies