Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
Is what happens when hipsanics invades minority communities?
No. It's what happens when you have a bunch of axxholes in high school.

[of any race or ethnicity]

Old 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,682,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Multiculturalism doesn't seem to work well with minorities.
Have you lived in a minority community?

Old 09-28-2012, 04:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Have you lived in a minority community?
No, but I lived in plenty of neighborhoods where minorities moved in and made it quite clear that they were taking over.

That was most of my growing up years in NYC. And even those minorities were driven out themselves by the illegals. When you get any one large group that doesn't assimilate well it drives out the others.
That is the case for any race, even among minorities as you can see from this article.

And right now, yes I live in a minority area, mostly Black. But it's rural, not urban. There's an entirely different culture out here where skin color is not the most important aspect of a person.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:09 PM

567 posts, read 1,120,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The problem is so many illegals here from Mexico and other Latino countries. It is changing the demographics of many towns especially here in the southwest. This causes resentment in neighborhoods who were predominantly black.
Black people are as recently arrived to Victorville as the Hispanics are. Both groups went there looking for cheap homeownership prior to the housing bust (Victorville was one of the worst hit communities in the nation). Many people were commuting clear down to downtown L.A., which is dang near as far away from Victorville as Vegas is!

Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Growing up in a small town in the Midwest, I remember two "gangs" of farmer boys getting in fights all the time. Nary a Latino or African-American among them.
In Lake Elizabeth, a cow town up in the south Sierras, every year the "cowboys" and the "stoners" would get into a huge blow-out. We're talking a big street brawl involving dozens and more. One of the cowboys told me that the cops would make sure to be somewhere else, it was literally an unofficially sanctioned yearly tradition.

Also, old timers from east coast cities (Philly, etc.) have told tales of massive schoolyard blowouts featuring Italians vs. Irish vs. Hungarians vs. Poles, etc. etc.

Last edited by MetalLord; 09-28-2012 at 04:20 PM..

Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Times are different today with guns so readily available to youth and the vandalism and looting that goes on when they "riot".

Old 09-28-2012, 04:19 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let them duke it out. It only proves what most of us have always known about the grand progressive idea of "diversity."
It has nothing to do with diversity.

One group thinks they are more entitled than the other, they fight.

One group believes they are better than the other, they fight.

One group thinks because they are in the majority (and they have it reinforced at home), they fight.

One group thinks they're not getting the respect they deserve, they fight.

Bottom line... discipline starts at home. If they're having bigotry reinforced at home, they're going to practice it at school.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:23 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Riots Break Out Between Black, Latino Students

Tea partiers wet dream

Old 09-28-2012, 04:27 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
God, you're so transparent.
Why don't you move to North Korea or Iceland? They're almost completely homogeneous. Problem solved.
Hahaha i agree!

Old 09-28-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
No. It's what happens when you have a bunch of axxholes in high school.

[of any race or ethnicity]
In 1994 at my high school (suburb of L.A.), some local white power nazi idiot inserted flyers into everybody's locker. Disgustingly anti-Latino, with a caricature of an illegal immigrant asking "can I rape your seeeester?" with 'Sparky the Kosher Kop' saying "of course he can! And if you try to get revenge, I'll arrest you for a hate crime!" My high school at the time was about 20% Latino and mostly white. Tensions boiled over.

That night there was a street brawl involving dozens on either side, Mexicans vs. white power peckerwoods and their trailer trash sympathizers. Happily, the kluxer kids lost. Got sent running, from what I heard later. The guy who made and distributed the flyers turned out to be some 30-something loser living in his parents' garage, and he got busted by the FBI for something or other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies