Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 06:50 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Curious, how some people manage to find this situation normal.

Next time this girl may shoot a neighbour, whose yorkshire "assaulted" her...
Yorkshires don't look like a human, they don't knock on your front door and then proceed to kick in the back door.

By the spelling of neighbor I'll assume you're European? This girl did exactly what was right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post

12-Year-Old Girl Shoots Intruder During Home Invasion - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

My liberal friend said that the girl used excessive force. Maybe she should have tried to hold his hand and sing Kumbaya.
Go Girl. Good Job.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,067,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Yorkshires don't look like a human, they don't knock on your front door and then proceed to kick in the back door.
A neighbour looks like human, and he may go all the way to the room, where she's hiding, to say sorry.

Quote:
By the spelling of neighbor I'll assume you're European?
I'm Russian, and this is one of the words, which spelling I fail to remember - so I let google correct me.

Quote:
This girl did exactly what was right.
It's hard to blame a little girl. But the system, in which such things happen, is totally wrong.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:05 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
A neighbour looks like human, and he may go all the way to the room, where she's hiding, to say sorry.
This person had clear intentions and broke down the back door.

Quote:
But the system, in which such things happen, is totally wrong.
It's not the system, it's the thugs out there that have intentions to harm others. This girl did absolutely nothing wrong.

----edit-----

What exactly do you mean by that last comment? It's wrong that she was able to defend herself?

Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,067,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This person had clear intentions and broke down the back door.
We're not talking about protecting a property (which is a very controversial topic), but about a little girl with a gun, and a willingless to use it!!!

I can provide another example - school shootings. Try to find any in Russia. A country, that's since 1990's is way more troubled than US.

For us such things are totally incomprehensible. Even our pro-gunnners don't comprehend, when they are faced with such examples. That's simply unreal!

But for you that's a fact of life. Just like a homeless guy shooting a random woman on a street. Or a guy in a restaurant. Happened in New Orleans. National media didn't even pay much attention - because in US that's NORMAL.

Quote:
It's not the system, it's the thugs out there that have intentions to harm others.
Fight the source of the problem.

Quote:
What exactly do you mean by that last comment? It's wrong that she was able to defend herself?
She didn't defend herself. She just shot a thief.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:28 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
12 year old girl shoots home intruder .

I am sorry that this little girl had to go through that, but I am glad when these a$$ holes get whats coming to them.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
"It's hard to blame a little girl. But the system, in which such things happen, is totally wrong."

Pardon me if I find it ironic that a Russian puts down a system of another country. Do you not know your country's history? That is one system that nobody wants.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
It's hard to blame a little girl. But the system, in which such things happen, is totally wrong.
No one is blaming the girl, she deserves an award for capping off a round into a scumbag while protecting herself and property.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:55 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Curious, how some people manage to find this situation normal.

Next time this girl may shoot a neighbour, whose yorkshire "assaulted" her...
If the Yorkshire broke in her house and opened the closet door where she chose to hide yes shoot it before it gets you

Old 10-21-2012, 08:01 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
We're not talking about protecting a property (which is a very controversial topic), but about a little girl with a gun, and a willingless to use it!!!

I can provide another example - school shootings. Try to find any in Russia. A country, that's since 1990's is way more troubled than US.

For us such things are totally incomprehensible. Even our pro-gunnners don't comprehend, when they are faced with such examples. That's simply unreal!

But for you that's a fact of life. Just like a homeless guy shooting a random woman on a street. Or a guy in a restaurant. Happened in New Orleans. National media didn't even pay much attention - because in US that's NORMAL.

Fight the source of the problem.

She didn't defend herself. She just shot a thief.
You are 12 year old girl and someone breaks into your house.
You run to a closet to hide.
Man opens closet door . You have 3 seconds , if you do not shoot you can be raped and killed.
You know how and can use it.
You him you know you live.

BANG
You are alive and not raped on a milk carton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies