Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Staten Island was not getting any help. They could not get anywhere. The temperatures have to be freezing there. CNN went there last night to tell people bring attention to it. CNN did not even make it partisan. Even CNN was attacked on this thread.
The temperatures are not "freezing". It is chilly but if you are indoors and have blankets there is no reason anyone should freeze.

CNN was reporting and did a good job. Lawrence O'Donnell also put out a call to help Staten Island.

Scumbag Sean Hannity is the one who polliticized it and called this "Obama's Katrina".

What a lowlife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The temperatures are not "freezing". It is chilly but if you are indoors and have blankets there is no reason anyone should freeze.

CNN was reporting and did a good job. Lawrence O'Donnell also put out a call to help Staten Island.

Scumbag Sean Hannity is the one who polliticized it and called this "Obama's Katrina".

What a lowlife.
So do you live in the area?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,764,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He probably doesn't figure he's going to get enough votes from it. Besides I think he's living it up in Las Vegas - having the time of his life.
He felt he did his token walkabout for one day and now back to life as usual. As he rightfully predicted, it was enough for the lefties.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,452 times
Quote:
Not sure if he does but I live in Staten Island, and for the most part the island isn't too bad off although I live up on a hill so I wasn't affected as badly. You walk out my front door though and just 1 block up north it's completely dark out. The thing that sucks about living in Staten island is there is no other way off the island unless you go over the bridges or take the ferry and right now the ferry terminal is closed because in lower manhattan the terminal got flooded and all the subway stations in lower manhattan are currently down. And while I agree that those in parts of staten island where flooding was possible and evacuations were ordered people did not leave mainly because how often do we hear the media over hyping storms ? I remember when the last hurricane hit out here it was just windy and really rainy nothing much else.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I live on Long Island. We have no power and gas lines 50 cars plus. It's cold but it's not life threatening cold. Things are worse on Staten Island but there's no one who should "freeze" unless they are too stupid to put a coat on.

I'm sure Sean Hannity has $15K natural gas powered generators running his mansion up in Centre Island funded by all his stupid Fox News and talk radio fans.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
My friend is a cop in Staten Island and I have several friends who live there. It was hit very hard and it will take a long time to recover.

Red Cross, National Guard and FEMA have been there for at least 2 days already.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
I do and the temps are not freezing. No power last night, we had blankets and were fine.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Seriously???? Your side was immediately blaming Bush in every way for Katrina -- and you now want to hold Obama completely blameless?

The guy evidently walks on water no matter what.
People are not trapped on Staten Island waiting for help. Help has been there since Day 1. I have no idea why anyone would compare this to Katrina.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
People are not trapped on Staten Island waiting for help. Help has been there since Day 1. I have no idea why anyone would compare this to Katrina.
Because there was some emotional lady saying "where is President Obama!!, we don't have cars, we're freezing!!"

You and your family need to walk somewhere to find help if you need it. Just sitting there waiting isn't a good idea at this point.

Again, no one is going to freeze because it's 40 degrees at night unless they're wearing a wife beater. This is New York, everybody has a winter coat.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I'll tell you why: Because they hate Obama and watch Fox News all day every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies