Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:28 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
How is it a "secret"if you and I both know that it was a CIA operation and now so does the rest of the world. No one said that the president need give any information that might cause risk, but why not hold a press conference to say it was or is a CIA operation (that we already know) and that he can not give any more information at this time. It would be so presidential to call together the white house press corp and make that statement.
I am happy that you give time and explanations to your 3 year old.
Could you read the article. Maybe it explains it better than I can.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:29 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
The CIA? This is the same organization that said "Slam Dunk on WMD's in Iraq".....and six weeks after the attack?...come on....

Old 11-02-2012, 03:29 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
So now we're to believe that it was a covert CIA opertion sitting in Benghazi.

And after being attacked twice within six months; witnessing the resurgence of terror cells in the backyard; watching other countries pull their personnel...you send repeated requests to the State Dept for help. And then passively sit and wait. Send some more requests. Watch a 16-man security force be pulled. And no nothing.

And so you're CIA, sitting on a big fat target...and you do nothing to reinforce your position? You're CIA...you have all the access and means to secure personnel, weapons, local allies. Yet according to the timeline, they tried (unsuccessfully) during the attack to get heavy weapons. Had backup stuck at the airport for 45 minutes, trying to secure a ride. (TAXI!!! TAAAAXI!!!!). And on 9/11, with local conditions as they were..the CIA had ZERO preparations in place in their own house.

So either David Patraeus is the WORST CIA director ever. Or he's feeling the wheels of the bus go round and round..all down his back.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Quote:
The president knowingly incorrectly blamed the video as the cover up of the terrorist attack.
Unfortunately for him, it did not work. He gained nothing.
On this we disagree. I do not think that he fully attributed the Benghazi attack on the video at any time. Statements from him, the WH Press Secretary, and Administration officials mostly stated that the matter was still under investigation and they didn't want to speculate (see quotes below) but he obviously refused to rule it out until all of the facts were in, and even the CIA was initially convinced it had played a role.
Ambassador Rice, while drawing conclusions (prematurely, in my opinion), was acting on information she got directly from the CIA, and is the only person I've seen blaming the incident entirely on the video.

I also believe that Obama kept the video as part of the dialogue because the Benghazi attack was not the only incident of violence in the Middle East at the time, and he felt it was important to condemn all of these acts of violence across the board, since many extremist elements were trying to justify these violent acts with the video in question. I know many are in denial about this, but Benghazi wasn't the only violent anti-American incident happening in the region (Cairo, anyone?) though we can all agree that it was the worst.

And again, it was the CIA, not the President that made the initial assessment that it was because of the video...

Jay Carney, the WH Press Secretary was saying this the day after:

Quote:
Q Jay, does the U.S. -- does the White House believe that the attack in Benghazi was planned and premeditated?

MR. CARNEY: It's too early for us to make that judgment. I think -- I know that this is being investigated, and we're working with the Libyan government to investigate the incident. So I would not want to speculate on that at this time.

Q Are you guys worried about al Qaeda in Libya? They seem to be growing. We just saw a report --

MR. CARNEY: Again, I want to be careful about making statements that are based on speculation about this incident and its causes. It's under investigation, obviously, and as we find out information that can be made available I'm sure we will.
This was the day after the incident, but some here are saying that Obama tried to sell us a lie for weeks afterwards. Well, unless "The matter is under investigation" is a lie, you are sadly mistaken.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
hotair, We are just sick of the excuses. No more excuses. Obama and Hillary are going to have to grow up and be big people. They are the end all in responsibility. One or both of them are in deep kimshee, and this failure should cost them their jobs if not their lives depending on if treason can be proved and I think a DA fool could prove it.

No more god dammed excuses.....
Mac I am not going to try to convince you of anything as your assessment of the middle east is that we should nuke the whole place.

What are they to offer an excuse for? CIA Operatives getting killed conducting black operations. That never happens. I am sure that you are old enough to remember the U2 Spy plane incident.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Quote:
Good question...what are we doing?
Have only heard "it is under investigation".
And that's a bad thing how? Should we act before we have accurate information? Should we just randomly bomb some city in Libya just to show them how pissed off we are?

Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
So now we're to believe that it was a covert CIA opertion sitting in Benghazi.
I guess so....with ANOTHER CIA compound sitting only a few blocks away too, huh?

Why would the CIA need TWO places...one a secret and one disguised as a consulate?

Quote:
And after being attacked twice within six months; witnessing the resurgence of terror cells in the backyard; watching other countries pull their personnel...you send repeated requests to the State Dept for help. And then passively sit and wait. Send some more requests. Watch a 16-man security force be pulled. And no nothing.

And so you're CIA, sitting on a big fat target...and you do nothing to reinforce your position? You're CIA...you have all the access and means to secure personnel, weapons, local allies. Yet according to the timeline, they tried (unsuccessfully) during the attack to get heavy weapons. Had backup stuck at the airport for 45 minutes, trying to secure a ride. (TAXI!!! TAAAAXI!!!!). And on 9/11, with local conditions as they were..the CIA had ZERO preparations in place in their own house.

So either David Patraeus is the WORST CIA director ever. Or he's feeling the wheels of the bus go round and round..all down his back.

Their "facts" seem to boggle the mind and stretch a person's ability to be so gullible.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM

There's a funny thing about telling the truth......your story doesn't need to change every time a new piece of evidence pops-up and contradicts your last lie.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
On this we disagree. I do not think that he fully attributed the Benghazi attack on the video at any time. Statements from him, the WH Press Secretary, and Administration officials mostly stated that the matter was still under investigation and they didn't want to speculate (see quotes below) but he obviously refused to rule it out until all of the facts were in, and even the CIA was initially convinced it had played a role.
Ambassador Rice, while drawing conclusions (prematurely, in my opinion), was acting on information she got directly from the CIA, and is the only person I've seen blaming the incident entirely on the video.

I also believe that Obama kept the video as part of the dialogue because the Benghazi attack was not the only incident of violence in the Middle East at the time, and he felt it was important to condemn all of these acts of violence across the board, since many extremist elements were trying to justify these violent acts with the video in question. I know many are in denial about this, but Benghazi wasn't the only violent anti-American incident happening in the region (Cairo, anyone?) though we can all agree that it was the worst.

And again, it was the CIA, not the President that made the initial assessment that it was because of the video...

Jay Carney, the WH Press Secretary was saying this the day after:

This was the day after the incident, but some here are saying that Obama tried to sell us a lie for weeks afterwards. Well, unless "The matter is under investigation" is a lie, you are sadly mistaken.
For someone who didn't want to speculate, Obama and his mouthpieces sure did a lot of speculating that the movie was the cause of the attack.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
For someone who didn't want to speculate, Obama and his mouthpieces sure did a lot of speculating that the movie was the cause of the attack.

B-I-N-G-O !!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies