Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 12:51 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What about being gay-friendly makes you immature?
No one of sound mind, left alone with their own thought processes to develop naturally and normally, is "gay-friendly" as defined in today's upside down world.

The reason that so many call themselves that today is very simple - they were programmed that way....in a PC public education system that tolerates no other point of view. They have been straight-jacketed into a state of conformity to what they are told are correct and proper viewpoints at a level unprecedented in American history.

Why is it immature? Because it is immaturity that makes peoples fearful of breaking from the herd. Immature people must be viewed as hip and trendy by their peers in order to have self-worth. And that profound psychological pressure is what has "convinced" so many to embrace the twisted idea that homosexual behavior is normal and natural and to favor the stark....raving....madness that is the concept of "gay" marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 12:55 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Cool. Hip. Gay-friendly. Etc.

I don't want to ever be any of those things. Those are signs of immaturity and ignorance.

What do you think?
I think people should stop using "those who disagree with me are immature children" as a viable argument right around the time they leave High School.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
You know, now that I think about it, we shouldn't be surprised when they accuse the Democratic Party of pandering to this or that group because as Republicans they are simply incapable of understanding what coalitions of seemingly disparate groups look like having never experienced anything other than the ethnic and idea starved bubble that they call a political party.

They are unable and ill-equipped to grasp the idea that within the LEADERSHIP of the Democratic Party that there are gays and lesbians, Hispanics and Latinos, African Americans and Asians, women, men, urbanites, rural folks, blue and white colar workers, academics, rich and poor. They just can't fathom the idea that these disparte groups are not waiting outside the Party's door hoping for some political scraps but instead are seated around the table making determining the very direction of the Party (which is unfathomable considering the the titular head of the Party is the first African American President of the United States.)

But how could they?

What in the physical characteristics of the Republican Party would give its members from which to base the otherworldly (at least for them) character of the Democratic Party. What life experiences would allow them to understand? I suggest nothing. This is the result of living in a bubble that shuts out any alternative experience.

Last edited by ovcatto; 11-11-2012 at 01:18 PM..

Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Never been called Cool or Hip in my life but I suppose there is a first time for everything... As for Gay-Friendly that's called having a sense of justice, freedom and equality of rights. And a lack of bigotry and prejudice. I am not Gay but I really don't see what someone's love life has to do with me.

As long as it does not harm anyone I could not care less what two consenting adults do. And yes I do believe that Gay people should be afforded exactly the same rights I am as a Hereosexual person.

I can marry the person I love so should they. I am entitled to my Husband's pension so should a Gay person to their loved one's. I can name Hubby as my next of kin. Same should apply to Gay People.

If being in favour of equality of rights, having empathy and compassion and not being obsessed by other people's love lives makes me Hip and Cool then I suppose I must be Hip and Cool.... Two terms anyone who knows me who never apply to me but never mind....

I am a pretty square, preppie kind of woman with rather conservative views about sex ,drugs and some rock and roll but whatever makes the OP feel better about trying to force everyone neatly into little moulds. Shame we don't all quite fit into those assumed attributes but never mind.

I see Gay people as People like myself, no better, no worse. Wow, that makes me so Cool and Trendy ! A real Hipster in fact, bring on the label clothing and designer shades.... Oh and I loved Sushi long before you were meant too.

Does that make "Avant Garde" as well ?Trend setter that must me ! I have finally found my role in life. I must show this to my friends who will be rolling on the floor in hysterics at the concept of little old me being so coooooooooooooooooooooooooool......

Ridiculous Thread, Ridiculous Premise, a Massive Fail.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
When you are a little older you won't have to ask.
You would, if you not only got older, but matured to be a better person.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It would be no surprise if this thread got turned into a single issue thread. They just can't resist. Mention the word "gay" and and they all zero in on it, as if there's nothing else in the world.

That alone is a sign of immaturity.
Couldn't be because "gay friendly" is a bit easier to quantify than "cool" or "hip", could it?

I'm 38 years old and fully support marriage equality for homosexuals.

How old are we supposed to be before we fall into the OP's supposed "maturity"? Neverminding the fact that there has been zero explaination of how being anti-gay is "mature" and being gay-friendly is "immature"...

Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
No one of sound mind, left alone with their own thought processes to develop naturally and normally, is "gay-friendly" as defined in today's upside down world.

The reason that so many call themselves that today is very simple - they were programmed that way....in a PC public education system that tolerates no other point of view. They have been straight-jacketed into a state of conformity to what they are told are correct and proper viewpoints at a level unprecedented in American history.
Um.

No.

My school did not in any way enforce "gay friendly", nor did anyone around me force that train of thought.

I came across it on my own, because I think it's stupid to discriminate based upon one's sexual preference.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:

I don't want to ever be any of those things.
Probably very little likelihood of that.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
seriously you must be one HOT dude if "gays have gone out of their way to hit on you numerous times" perhaps their "gaydar" was up! it must be a pain pushing away all the sexual advances from men. just what kind of vibe do you have?

how compassionate toward your fellow human that you wish no cure for aids. that speaks volumes, as does the rest of your post.
Good, it's nice to know that for once on cd someone can come to an understanding.

Why the hell would I lie about something like this?

In one interstate rest stop area in Mass I was hit on and once I left, and was close to the motel I was to stay, (Volvo tech class) I stopped to pick up a 6 pack. I told the liquor store owner (That's how they sell beer in Mass) he laffed and told me 'That the cops had busted more than 40 hose monsters the night before, who were pulling truck drivers out of their rigs and doing the unspeakable.

Probably that is a stretch of truth, I don't know. Of course your right it's been a time now since I was hit on,. I was in my teens to early 30's. but i haven't forgotten and I am sure they are still predators.

Once in the world simple fisty cuffs was sort of with in legal means to defend ones self. This has changed with the wussification of America. The only problem is I am too old to have made that switch. I have no plan to either.

Just because a old law is trashed for a new trash law doesn't mean I have to be part of it.

Live a high risk life style die by the high risk life style....

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-12-2012 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:

I don't want to ever be any of those things. Those are signs of immaturity and ignorance.
If you'd rather be an ignorant bigot, help yourself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies