Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 02:02 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,132,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Seriously who cares how much profit Walmart or other big companies make?

The main important thing in this thread and topic was to give employees OFF on big family national holidays.

May God provide wealth to all companies (Both small and big), it's good for everyone in the society. However, don't be selfish and treat workers fairly!
It started with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Keep stores CLOSED on Sundays, raise minimum wage to $10 and everyone would love working in retail with no complain
You steered the conversation offtopic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 04:36 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Pointing out that someone has no idea what they are talking about (after they admit it) is not much of an insult.
But way to go OT.
Nice try. Total FAIL.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,903,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Well I'm going to rely on the experts, according to the MIT living wage calculator:

$8.28 / hr

based on expenses as follows:
food $242
medical $112
Housing $499
Tranportation $318
Other $67

required monthly income before taxes $1,238
After taxes $14,856
Annual taxes $2,371
Required income before taxes $17,227

According to this site employees in my community working in "Food Preparation and Serving Related" make $8.57 an hour

Living Wage Calculator - Introduction to the Living Wage Calculator
According to that site I AM making a 'living wage' for my state/county/town. And my expenses are less than listed so I guess that's why I feel I'm doing pretty good.

It said that "Food Preparation and Serving Related" jobs were $8.94 on average. Back of the house maybe, but not servers. In AZ they make $4+ and hour but, of course, their tips would make up the rest...plus! When I was a server I averaged $15 hour. For many years servers were only paid $2.17 an hour but it's gone up several times over the past four years.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,903,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Boycott WalMart!!Don't shop there! The Waltons already have too much money!!

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Waltons listened too you all and felt so guilty that they agreed ......settled for the money they have and and closed all the stores?
Yup, boycott the stores and don't shop there. Close down all those stores?? And what about the one million plus employees that work for them? Oh yeah...just add them to the unemployment rolls, food stamps, etc.. Smart...NOT.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:43 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Yup, boycott the stores and don't shop there. Close down all those stores?? And what about the one million plus employees that work for them? Oh yeah...just add them to the unemployment rolls, food stamps, etc.. Smart...NOT.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies