Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 11:15 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Woodrow, Israel does not want the land that Hamas lives in. They already gave them Gaza and the Israelis have no desire whatsoever to take it back. You can't say this is a war about land. This is purely about security and peace.

We all know the adage: if Hamas would put down their arms, there would be no more war. If Israel were to put down their arms, there would be no more Israel.
The problem is the people in Gaza believe they are the rightful inhabitants of Israel exiled to Gaza. A gilded cage is still a cage and the people in Gaza believe they are in a cage.

It does not matter if that is true or false, it seems to be what the people in Gaza sincerely believe.

As I said I see no resolution until either reaches the inability to wage war.

I wish I could be more optimistic and say tomorrow morning everybody is going to hug each other and make up. Then live together in peace.

I wish I knew how to end this madness.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:14 PM

177 posts, read 338,862 times
Default Simple permanent solution to Israeli Problem

Here is a solution that will work

1 The Palestinians decide whether they want to live on the North or South of Israel

2 The Israelis dedicate an area in the location that was determined by number 1 that is the total size of the current Palestinian occupied lands including the Area of the city of Jerusalem.

3 The Israelis give the city of Jerusalem to the UN Including the airport. The area should hold all of the religious shrines from all of the religions that are there.

4 The UN builds a new headquarters in the WORLD CITY OF Jerusalem and Moves out of New York USA

5 The UN, The Arab League, and Israel pay in equal amounts for all of the relocation expenses of both the Palestinians and the Israelis.

6 The border between Israel and the Palestinian state will be open by checkpoints in both directions. Normal Passport procedures and trade in both direction including for employment

7 The new Palestinian state will have a seaport on the Mediterranean Sea and Two boarders with arab
states

8 The new World City of Jerusalem would be open to anyone holding a current passport from their country.

9. All of the Countries in the UN would need to have an office Consulate in the World City of Jerusalem so there would be a building boom there. Any worker from any country could go there to work on the buildings. so the boom would be spread around the world.

10 Like the Vatican City they would have there own Police force and border checkpoint security.

The reason this would work is that everyone has some pain, everyone gets some security, and even the UN has a real stake in having peace in the area.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Interesting.

Has Israel said somewhere that Jerusalem will be forever and always off the table?

Old 07-14-2014, 12:16 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Logic pretty much gets ignored on CD Forum.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:21 PM

43,682 posts, read 44,425,236 times
2 young girls have now been injured in Southern Israel:
Two sisters wounded by rocket debris in Be'er Sheva - Israel News, Ynetnews

Old 07-14-2014, 12:22 PM

177 posts, read 338,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Interesting.

Has Israel said somewhere that Jerusalem will be forever and always off the table?
There intent was probably to deny it to the Arabs. This might work because now they would not have it and the Arabs cannot get it and the world protects it.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:23 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LMAO-I am not interested in arguing semantics with a crazy fanatical that is not even American and lives in Turkey.
So in one sentence, you admit you cannot argue on facts, then call me a personal insult, and claim I live in Turkey. Clearly you have no clue, as I never claimed i live in Turkey.

Quote:
You call me Anti-American but do not even live or work in this country.
Says who? What country? Why does a person need to live in a country to given an opinion on it? Many of the pro-arab terror apologists in this thread (including you) have mentioned the low opinion arab muslims in the mideast have of america, and none of them live in the US - does that mean that their opinion not count, or do opinions only count when they agree with yours?

Quote:
The fact is that the people of these Middle-Eastern and many other countries will not trust our leaders or military anytime in the near future due to our horrible human rights record. The fact that you deny this simple fact is astounding.
The opinion of illiterate, uneducated or propagandized people living in dictatorships without access to sources of information other than that of their government's do not interest me.

Quote:
Perlmutter is correct in saying that Iranian political divisions made the fall of Mossadeq (this is yet another spelling) possible, but merely because something is possible does ensure that it will happen. Without Kermit Roosevelt’s leadership, guidance, and ability to put some backbone into the key players when they wanted to quit, no one would have moved against Mossadeq."
So KR was a persuasive individual that was able to organize the iranians from a distance, how does that translate to "the US overthrew a whole government", which even this article does not claim? The iranians removed a PM who had illegally tried to take powers vested in the shah as per the iranian constitution, the US' involvement was essentially non-existent.

But this is a thread derailment, and in no way changes the monstrous, heinous behavior of the arab muslims in how they've treated non-muslims in the mideast for centuries, including significant examples of ethnic cleansing.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:27 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Not really - Egypt could allow them in via their border with Gaza if they wanted to.
What the hell do you mean "not really" the border is closed by Egypt so they could not leave if they wanted to.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:31 PM

43,682 posts, read 44,425,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
What the hell do you mean "not really" the border is closed by Egypt so they could not leave if they wanted to.
Well why doesn't Egypt open the border to allow their follow Arab Muslims in?

Old 07-14-2014, 12:31 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
2 more Israelis (a young girl and an older man) were injured today:
Two sisters wounded by rocket debris in Beersheba - Israel News, Ynetnews
And dozens of Palestinians were killed. whats your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies