Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 06:50 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Really? When did the US overthrow a regime in iran or iraq and install a dictator? When did that happen?
Lol are you serious? 1953 doesn't ring a bell? OP does not even know history.

The democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran was overthrown by England and The US in 1953 because he wanted to audit a British oil Corporation which today is called BP. When BP refused to comply Iran voted to nationalize the assets of the company-which is when The United States and England stepped in, overthrew a leader in a democratic society and supported the Shah-a brutal monarch that reigned from 1953 to finally be overthrown in the Iranian Revolution in 1979. Do I even need to explain Iraq? The US loved Saddam when he looked out for US oil corporations and the US Dollar and even gave him approval when he used chemical weapons on Iran.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Really? When did the US overthrow a regime in iran or iraq and install a dictator? When did that happen?
My god...either stop making threads or avoid posting on geopolitical topics overall.

I mean...You STARTED this lame thread, and you ask a question like that?

Give it up...seriously.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
... Arab Jews? What about the non-Arab Palestinians?
Jews of Arabia and North African decent have not returned to live on to their own lands post 1967 in Judea, Samaria and Azza. They have also not allowed settlements to be built on the lands they once lived and thrived on prior to 1948. Those lands were farmland and are still farmland and they have been leased out as such. We are NOT Arab Jews.

As to non-Arab's or Arabs that have a passport from outside of the territories, 100% of them have been allowed to leave.

Israel approves 800 evacuation requests for foreign passports holders | Maan News Agency

Last edited by Pruzhany; 07-13-2014 at 07:44 PM..

Old 07-13-2014, 07:25 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We (meaning the West) didn't start it?

Tell me then...who started it?
Scripture. Fanatical and blind following of scripture. Several thousand years ago.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Scripture. Fanatical and blind following of scripture. Several thousand years ago.
Really? By whom?

Old 07-13-2014, 07:48 PM

610 posts, read 699,483 times
Quote:
Mossadegh in 1953 and Hussein in 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR
Now you're making yourself look like a complete moron.

You REALLY need to read some history of the pogroms in egypt, iraq and elsewhere before opening your mouth again on a subject you clearly know NOTHING about.

Here is a good start:

Point of No Return: Jewish Refugees from Arab Countries: An Egyptian Jew's story

The Tragedy of Iraq’s Jews | CiF Watch

The link in my OP should also be read, along with researching into all of those groups I mentioned that the arab muslims are ethnically cleansing out of the mideast TODAY.

Until you begin to educate yourself on these events, do NOT post again in this thread again as you have nothing of value to offer otherwise.
When you resort to name calling, it makes your argument look much less convincing. You didn't try to provide any real argument against what I said. And before you call someone a moron, let me remind you, you asked this question:

Quote:
Also, Iran is not in the Middle East, nor is it Arab.

Anyway, if you're going to dismiss my argument as "GARBAGE" and tell me I "clearly know nothing about" Jewish history, and I have "nothing of value to offer" just because I don't agree with you, I'd suggest your position might be a little shakier than you suggest; otherwise it would be easier to prove your point and more difficult to be so dismissive. A "pogrom" and "ethnic cleansing" are terms with very specific definitions. A pogrom is basically an orgiastic push of one ethnic group out of a particular geographic area by some other group. Ethnic cleansing is either the wholesale destruction of a certain population, or the forcible relocation by threatening that population with destruction. Most Jewish pogroms in the 20th century actually occurred in Eastern Europe. Same with anti-Jewish ethnic cleansing. Stalin's forced relocation of the Jews to the Jewish Autonomous Oblast in far-eastern Siberia, for instance, is an example of ethnic cleansing. Anti-Serb riots in Sarajevo would be an example of a pogrom. Everything both of your articles cited is, to be sure, an example of violent and immoral persecution of a minority group by a tyrannical dictator (as tyrannical dictators are prone to do), but they do not qualify as "pogroms" or "ethnic cleansing." The Kurds, Chaldeans, Baa'hi (sp?) and Alawites have been subject to much of the same things your referring to, as well as Sunni and Shia in certain areas (i.e. the Shia ethnic cleansing of the Sunni areas of Baghdad in 05-08, at the hands of the Maadi Army, Badr Brigades and the U.S. military). If sheer numbers are taken into account in the 20th century, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Czechoslovakia and Hungary have forced Jews off their lands in far greater numbers than Arabs had.

I never denied that Jews were persecuted in Arab countries. I just denied that they were "ethnically cleansed" in all of the countries you depicted on your picture. They were certainly persecuted in almost all of them, but this is exactly why they chose to leave their own countries for Israel, where they would no longer be a third-world minority group, which is exactly what I said in the first place. If you're going to call a square a square and a circle a circle, then a pogrom is a pogrom, ethnic cleansing is ethnic cleansing, and a generalized persecution of minorities, although horrible, is neither of those two things.

Again, don't resort to name calling. Just refute me.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:58 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Lol are you serious? 1953 doesn't ring a bell? OP does not even know history.
Oh boy, this will be fun. This is like a t-ball team of 5 year olds coming up against the NY Yankees - and I'm the latter...

Here we go...

Quote:
The democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran
WRONG .

Dr. Mossadegh was NEVER ELECTED, BY ANYONE, EVER, into the position of PM. The shah APPOINTED him to the position.

Quote:
was overthrown by England and The US in 1953 because he wanted to audit a British oil Corporation which today is called BP.
WRONG, again .

No one from the US even stepped foot into iran, the US paid IRANIANS who were already committed to removing Dr. Mossadegh from power - NOTHING more. The CIA de-classified papers prove this - the US printed some posters and paid a handful of people, that was it.

Second, the PM was removed for illegally usurping the powers of the shah, who by the iranian constitution has control of the military and foreign affairs. Once Dr. Mossadegh tried to have the majlis vote against the constitution, he was going to be removed.

Had you actually educated yourself by doing REAL RESEARCH, and not reading anti-US propaganda BS - which, interestingly, was originated by the KGB to make the US look bad - you'd have known this.

Turn off the garbage websites, and actually walk into a library, or read the de-classified CIA papers. The US overthrew no one, nor did they "remove a democratically elected government." You might as well wear a neon sign screaming "I am a clueless troll for the anti-America crowd" as soon as you make that claim.

Quote:
Do I even need to explain Iraq? The US loved Saddam when he looked out for US oil corporations and the US Dollar and even gave him approval when he used chemical weapons on Iran.
LOL, you claimed that the US overthrew a democratically elected government in iraq...remind us, in your thimball-sized knowledge of the mideast, when saddam was elected to the position of PM?

And how is providing support and weapons to a country deemed less of a threat equal to "loving" that country? You need to bring a whole level of sophistication to your grasp of the facts and history that is as far from you right now as humanly possible.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My god...either stop making threads or avoid posting on geopolitical topics overall.I mean...You STARTED this lame thread, and you ask a question like that?Give it up...seriously.
Notice how this weak poster, in its mindless, all-out defense of the arab muslims at all costs, won't go near how the arabs are treating the copts, maronites, chaldeans, maneachans, azeri, bahai and all those other groups I listed in the OP...

Like a paid troll, it follows the script very carefully: never admit to a failing, always attack the others side... Yawn.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
..., won't go near how the arabs are treating the copts, maronites, chaldeans, maneachans, azeri, bahai and all those other groups I listed in the OP...
For what it's worth it's rare that any poster on C-D stands up for these groups for the simple reason that they are not Jews. Even the media does not care because they are not Jews. Even the UN does not care since they are not Jews.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Mossadegh in 1953 and Hussein in 2003.
Already addressed, and you are also, hilariously, clueless and wrong on both accounts.

Quote:
Also, Iran is not in the Middle East
Yes it is.

Quote:
nor is it Arab.
Really??!?!? Wow, only you knew that, thanks for sharing your tidbit of knowledge no doubt captured off of a cereal box. No one would have known that had you not told us, thanks so much

More importantly, where did i claims iran was arab muslim?

Quote:
Anyway, if you're going to dismiss my argument as "GARBAGE" and tell me I "clearly know nothing about" Jewish history, and I have "nothing of value to offer"
You don't even know much about the mideast, let alone jewish history, as the next ridiculous sentence shows...

Quote:
Most Jewish pogroms in the 20th century actually occurred in Eastern Europe. Same with anti-Jewish ethnic cleansing.
Really? So you failed to read the links I spoon fed to you, trying to bring you up to even a basic level of knowledge of the arab ethnic cleansing of jews out of the mideast in the mid 20th century. If you are unwilling to even spend 30 minutes learning the basics, I really have no time or interest in conversing with you.

Quote:
but they do not qualify as "pogroms" or "ethnic cleansing."
"He and his fellow officers systematically began confiscating private properties belonging to Jews, Muslims and Christians. My father’s business was among them. Some Jews were imprisoned, others, turned poor overnight. A few daring families smuggled some money or jewels to safety with the help of airline pilots. Yet others had heart attacks or fell in a state of depression.

This pattern of harassment, imprisonment and expulsion swept the entire Arab world, from Casablanca to Tripoli to Damascus. In Iraq in January 1969, nine Jews were hanged in public to the cheers of the crowd. In Syria, Jews were in deadly fear, some of them fleeing for their lives, among them was Jerry Seinfeld’s mother. In the entire Arab world, this frenzy of killing, rape and torture went unheeded by the world and the United Nations. Are you surprised?"

No, that's not ethnic cleansing, not at all. Are you intentionally being an idiot?

How about this:

"In June 1941, a pro-Nazi coup, inspired by Hajj Amin Al-Husseini and led by Rashid Ali, led to riots and pogroms in Baghdad. 180 Jews were murdered and over 1,000 wounded. More anti-Jewish rioting took place between 1946 and 1949....1963 – The rise of the Ba’ath factions resulted in additional restrictions being placed on those Jews who remained in Iraq. Jews forced to carry yellow identity cards and sale of property was forbidden.

1967 (After the Six Days War) – many of 3,000 Jews who remained were arrested and dismissed from their jobs. More repressive measures were introduced, including the expropriation of Jewish property, freezing of Jews’ bank accounts, shutting of Jewish businesses, trading permits were cancelled, telephones were disconnected. Jews were placed under house arrest for long periods of time or restricted to cities.

======================================

Not sure what planet you grew up on, but those are acts of ethnic cleansing.

Quote:
I never denied that Jews were persecuted in Arab countries. I just denied that they were "ethnically cleansed" in all of the countries you depicted on your picture.
That's because you are too lazy to look into each country's situation, and prefer to spout nonsensical slogans and garbage.

For the adults, here are some other links with more info:

Official Website of Justice for Jews from Arab Countries

The Jewish Exodus from Arab & Muslim Countries - Discover the Networks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies