Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 09:04 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Leave them alone and stop Neff on their affairs, and they won't bother you.
If that were the case, I wouldn't care one way or the other. But that's not the case.

And, be assured that if it were up to me, that entire region of the world would not exist in our eyes. Let them fight. That's their thing. For us, there would be no contact at all. And no exchange back and forth in any way. No friends. No enemies.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:05 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,654 times
Smoking gun? More like a waterlogged capgun.

Lunatics.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Within the world, no China (78M) is the leader. Within the Muslim world then the Ottoman Empire (2.5M) in the last century is the clear winner and within the past few decades Iraq under Saddam (600K).

The worst genocides of the 20th and 21st Century
Fair enough.

But the OP's premise is incredibly specious. Conflating Arab Muslims with large scale ethnic cleansing is ludicrous.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If that were the case, I wouldn't care one way or the other. But that's not the case.

And, be assured that if it were up to me, that entire region of the world would not exist in our eyes. Let them fight. That's their thing. For us, there would be no contact at all. And no exchange back and forth in any way. No friends. No enemies.
It's absolutely the case. Why aren't they attacking Austria, Switzerland, or Finland?

Oh yeah...those nations just happen to mind their own business, don't they?

Give it a try sometimes. You'll find yourself in a hell of a lot less conflict.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Fair enough.

But the OP's premise is incredibly specious. Conflating Arab Muslims with large scale ethnic cleansing is ludicrous.
First of all (and I could be wrong), I never took the OP for meaning exactly what he said. What I believe he meant was "radical islam." I don't thing he meant all Muslims or Arabs in general. But then, I may be wrong.

Quote:
It's absolutely the case. Why aren't they attacking Austria, Switzerland, or Finland?

Oh yeah...those nations just happen to mind their own business, don't they?

Give it a try sometimes. You'll find yourself in a hell of a lot less conflict.
For radical Islam, time is on their side. They can't "cleanse" the entire world at once. They are smart enough to know that. They are, however, slowly working their way across Europe. They will eventually make their way to those countries, if left unchecked.

Of course, it isn't all radical islam that is doing it. Muslims, in general, wish to convert non-believers as any religion does. The difference between general Muslims and radical islam is the methodology, the intended fate of the non-believer, and the general goal of what an "islam society" should look like. Radical islam has proven over and over what it is capable of doing and has stated its goal over and over. If you wish to turn a blind eye to it, that's your prerogative.

As I said, personally, I want nothing to do with it. But, that matters no more than it would if I were locked in a cage with a lion. I can ignore it all I like. But that will not change the eventual outcome. If I'm lucky, I won't be around for that eventual outcome, because there is nothing I can do about it and folks like you don't seem to want to take it seriously. Leaving a field of time bombs alone, or worse yet, importing them to your backyard, will not prevent them from blowing up at some point.

Interesting side note is that you folks wish to stamp christianity out as much as possible, but you are cool with radical islam.

By the way... Finland is not immune from radical islam either: http://yle.fi/uutiset/security_polic...inland/7294632

And another: http://midnightwatcher.wordpress.com...amic-graffiti/

Last edited by ChrisC; 07-12-2014 at 09:41 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 09:34 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,568 times
Quote:
First of all (and I could be wrong), I never took the OP for meaning exactly what he said. What I believe he meant was "radical islam." I don't thing he meant all Muslims or Arabs in general. But then, I may be wrong.
A glance through his post history will tell you that's exactly what he meant. He calls Muslims "ethnic cleansers" while posting about his wish that they are all eradicated. A sick and twisted ideology that makes it impossible to take anything from the OP seriously

Old 07-12-2014, 09:44 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Israel was created legally by a UN resolution.
False. The UN partition never went into effect. The British Mandate expired without an agreement, the Israelis grabbed what they wanted, and were not admitted to the UN until they agreed, in 1949, to repatriate Arab refugees, an agreement on which they promptly reneged. I get tired of having to remind you of this.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:

For radical Islam, time is on their side. They can't "cleanse" the entire world at once. They are smart enough to know that. They are, however, slowly working their way across Europe. They will eventually make their way to those countries, if left unchecked.

Of course, it isn't all radical islam that is doing it. Muslims, in general, wish to convert non-believers as any religion does. The difference between general Muslims and radical islam is the methodology, the intended fate of the non-believer, and the general goal of what an "islam society" should look like. Radical islam has proven over and over what it is capable of doing and has stated its goal over and over. If you wish to turn a blind eye to it, that's your prerogative.

As I said, personally, I want nothing to do with it. But, that matters no more than it would if I were locked in a cage with a lion. I can ignore it all I like. But that will not change the eventual outcome. If I'm lucky, I won't be around for that eventual outcome, because there is nothing I can do about it and folks like you don't seem to want to take it seriously. Leaving a field of time bombs alone, or worse yet, importing them to your backyard, will not prevent them from blowing up at some point.

Interesting side note is that you folks wish to stamp christianity out as much as possible, but you are cool with radical islam.

By the way... Finland is not immune from radical islam either: Security police: Increased radical Islamist threat in Finland | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

And another: Finland: Church In Helsinki Vandalized With Islamic Graffiti, ‘Jesus Is A Muslim’ | MidnightWatcher's Blogspot
That's all nonsense.

Bottom line...stop meddling in their affairs if you want them to leave you alone.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
A glance through his post history will tell you that's exactly what he meant. He calls Muslims "ethnic cleansers" while posting about his wish that they are all eradicated. A sick and twisted ideology that makes it impossible to take anything from the OP seriously
Well then, I disagree with that mindset. You can't brand a radical faction as being representative of the whole. But neither can you pretend like that radical element is not there and poses no danger.

As far as "eradicating" anyone, that will never solve anything except the query as to whether you are just as bad as those you wish to eradicate.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
That's all nonsense.

Bottom line...stop meddling in their affairs if you want them to leave you alone.
So then, those Finnish articles were only a joke of some sort? Not real?

Ignore it and it will go away? Are you a big fan of Chamberlain's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies