Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,587,196 times

Advertisements

Militant atheism are dangerous

Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I think the kids parents are to blame. They're probably some uneducated bible thumpers that didn't know any better.

It's pretty sad when you think about it. Hopefully CPS takes a look at what's going on in that kids home and possibly brings the child into custody before she drops out and gets pregnant.
How can a child's parents be to blame? Did they say she could not put God in the paper? I was published in the National Essay Anthology when I was in high school and the essay I wrote mentioned God. The world did not end and the sun still came up the next day, the school was not closed and no one thought it was unacceptable for me to write my own opinion. The censorship of God is unconstitutional. Because a student includes God's name in a poem or essay does not mean that anyone has established a National Religion. Sounds to me like some people have lost their minds or ability to us normal reasoning.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:01 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
An order of magnitude less than theocrats.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,936 times
Quote:
As compared to militant theists?

Militant anything is dangerous but since you brought it up I would like to point out that atheists commit less crime than theists do.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Secular Progressives---nothing more than miserable hate mongering A$$%@HOLES

https://www.examiner.com/article/god...rolina?cid=rss
That's what we get when we are so stupid we don't know what words mean. Church is not religion and politics is not a state. We have individual rights over institutions, and its the authoritative nature of the institutions that is the issue. Thus anytime church meet citizen the church loses. Anytime the state meet a religious belief the state loses. Within their sphere the state holds within its authority power over the citizen while the Catholic church has authority over Catholics. So this state jack boot of the state should be thrown into jail for a spell for this egregious violation of civil rights. Can't believe how its turned on its head.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
How can a child's parents be to blame? Did they say she could not put God in the paper? I was published in the National Essay Anthology when I was in high school and the essay I wrote mentioned God. The world did not end and the sun still came up the next day, the school was not closed and no one thought it was unacceptable for me to write my own opinion. The censorship of God is unconstitutional. Because a student includes God's name in a poem or essay does not mean that anyone has established a National Religion. Sounds to me like some people have lost their minds or ability to us normal reasoning.
Well obviously the kid learned that nonsense from somewhere. I don't see a six year old girl picking up a bible and converting to Christianity on her own

Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Secular Progressives---nothing more than miserable hate mongering A$$%@HOLES

https://www.examiner.com/article/god...rolina?cid=rss

You same hypocrites who cry "persecution of Christians" would be same ones who would scream bloody murder in favor of censorship, if next Veterans Day another kid wanted to read a poem like this.

There is no God
There's a vicar beside every death bed;
Hoping to weigh in some of the lead.

Deceiving the dying and manipulating the ill;
Is a cunning way to get in their will.

Praying and pretending to wish folk well;
Making money from the lies that they tell.

It's totally immoral without a doubt;
But a dead body can't hold a thief to account.

Clergy don't care that there is no God;
Their only concern is to inherit your wad.

Some force a tear and fake a good cry;
But here's what they think whilst they watch their flock die...

Hurry up! Expire!
The church needs a spire.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 PM

563 posts, read 807,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So no parent can stand to have their kids even hear the word God when they are in school?
fixed it for you.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How come the link is to some unknown website called the Examiner?

I'd think FOX would be all over this story.
The Examiner is not an unknown website. Its in the top 50 for the US.

But here is another link with a bit better explanation.

Mention Of ‘God’ Taken out of Student’s Poem « CBS Charlotte

Fox News has it too. They are just a little slow.

http://nation.foxnews.com/religion/2...emove-god-poem

Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Ya know this may just backfire on atheists. You know what kids want to do when you tell them not to do something. It may be smarter not to make such a big deal out of God, or any other deity if you want your kid to be atheist. The most strict atheist of them, Madeline Murry O'hare's son is now a Protestant minister.
Not buying that, adults shove all kinds of mystical nonsense at kids like santa, tooth fairy etc but when kids realize their parents don't believe in those things they also stop believing. Problem comes in when the adults also believe the fantasy.

Quote:
Hell yeah, atheists are just running a muck, overflowing prisons, committing non-belief jihad, shooting abortion Drs, scaring people with the end of the world while stealing their money, systematically molesting children, picketing soldiers funerals, gay hating...Yeah,,,uh, oh wait, that would actually be ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies