Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 12:42 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Perhaps a better question is why would you think the demoninator of a percentage would be anything except 100?
I am only concerned with our notion than the numerator can do anything but drop drastically, and dangerously, long-term.

It boils down to we simply no longer need all able-bodied/able mind adults in our workforce..permanently.

4 years ago, 8 million were axed. It should scare all of us that corps went on, without skipping a beat, nor missing out on all functions being covered. On a micro level, at your employer (where your is substituted by each of us individually), that was good. On a macro level, that was tragic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 07:36 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hmmmmm. Another leaner admits that he doesn't accept one word of a post and that he stopped reading long before the end of the post. I wonder what would have happened if in the last three lines the post had changed 180 degrees. You wouldn't have known it, would you?
Yada yada yada...

I've seen that kind silly post before hundreds of times on this board. Wingnuts have been predicting (for FOUR YEARS NOW) a pending collapse of the stock market, another collapse of house prices, the dollar in the toilet with nobody wanting it, and huge rise in inflation - and NONE of that has happened (and in fact pretty much the EXACT opposite has happened). There's a REASON for that - it's NOT GONNA HAPPEN because those folks have no clue what they are talking about. I don't need to read the same old BS again. The folks making those kinds of predictions on this board have a TERRIBLE track record of accuracy. Why should it suddenly get better NOW all of a sudden? It's just a waste of time reading a long-winded post like that when it's the same old silly stuff that's simply wrong YET AGAIN.

Ken

Old 12-09-2012, 08:02 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yada yada yada...

I've seen that kind silly post before hundreds of times on this board. Wingnuts have been predicting (for FOUR YEARS NOW) a pending collapse of the stock market, another collapse of house prices, the dollar in the toilet with nobody wanting it, and huge rise in inflation - and NONE of that has happened (and in fact pretty much the EXACT opposite has happened). There's a REASON for that - it's NOT GONNA HAPPEN because those folks have no clue what they are talking about. I don't need to read the same old BS again. The folks making those kinds of predictions on this board have a TERRIBLE track record of accuracy. Why should it suddenly get better NOW all of a sudden? It's just a waste of time reading a long-winded post like that when it's the same old silly stuff that's simply wrong YET AGAIN.

Ken
They're on par with many of yours. Many have wrongly predicted a crash. Others like you have wrongly predicted a huge recovery.

If I had to bet right now between a huge recovery and another recession I would have to choose recession. Our problems are structural and the result of years of bad policies and programs as well as demographics.

Housing prices are rebounding in some areas. They never really fell in my neighborhood. But there are plenty of areas they are still grossly overvalued.

The issues are far more complex than most people realize.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
They're on par with many of yours. Many have wrongly predicted a crash. Others like you have wrongly predicted a huge recovery.

If I had to bet right now between a huge recovery and another recession I would have to choose recession. Our problems are structural and the result of years of bad policies and programs as well as demographics.

Housing prices are rebounding in some areas. They never really fell in my neighborhood. But there are plenty of areas they are still grossly overvalued.

The issues are far more complex than most people realize.
Not really on a par with mine. I've been wrong in regards to DEGREE of improvement - NOT ENTIRE DIRECTION.

Regarding housing - it's not rebounding in SOME areas, it's rebounding in MOST areas.

http://www.standardandpoors.com/serv...obnocache=true

Ken

Old 12-09-2012, 11:32 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great post-

And the liberals celebrate fewer people having jobs, simply because the unemployment number looks "better"! Meanwhile, in the real world, things continue to get worse. Now with Obamacare set to start Jan 1st, we can expect more and more Americans to join the ranks of the unemployed and foodstamp usage to continue to rise.
...and 0bama gets t wade in like the knight in shiny armor, demanding more unemployment extensions, welfare, food stamps etc... Meanwhile, 0bama's policies exacerbated the job losses in this already "worst economy since the Great Depression."

Old 12-09-2012, 11:43 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you seen this "good" news from the Department of Labor about the past 6 months jobs creations? That 146,000 for this month doesn't make much good sense to me with these numbers floating around.

73% of New Jobs Created in Last 5 Months Are in Government | CNS News
Government Unemployment Plunges to 3.8%, exactly the way 0bama likes it. Get everyone depending on government, either for a job, a welfare handout, a waiver from some asinine federal law, or special federal perks and subsides to a select few 0bama cronies. 0bama does not care about the people suffering in this economy, he gives them welfare and food stamps, so he has that covered.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
You must be looking at a different chart.

The one I'm looking at shows civilian workforce participation rates three points higher when W was in office, and after four years of Obamanomics, the present participation rate is still declining.

History will be kind to President Bush because of Obama.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

An amusing misconception.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I am only concerned with our notion than the numerator can do anything but drop drastically, and dangerously, long-term.

It boils down to we simply no longer need all able-bodied/able mind adults in our workforce..permanently.

4 years ago, 8 million were axed. It should scare all of us that corps went on, without skipping a beat, nor missing out on all functions being covered. On a micro level, at your employer (where your is substituted by each of us individually), that was good. On a macro level, that was tragic.

So you're on-board to round-up all the illegals and send them back to Mexico while we end the Democrat supported NEA public education monopoly so young people will be qualified for the jobs that exist instead of wishing the jobs that existed were jobs our public school flunkies could do?

Old 12-09-2012, 03:48 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
So you're on-board to round-up all the illegals and send them back to Mexico while we end the Democrat supported NEA public education monopoly so young people will be qualified for the jobs that exist instead of wishing the jobs that existed were jobs our public school flunkies could do?
No, that would be fruitless, as quite frankly, illegals do jobs that left to Americans, they would expect so far above Fair Market Value, the employers would replace the empty spots with robots/automation.

We have long-term problems regarding employment, and there is no panacea, no happy ending.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
No, that would be fruitless, as quite frankly, illegals do jobs that left to Americans, they would expect so far above Fair Market Value, the employers would replace the empty spots with robots/automation.

We have long-term problems regarding employment, and there is no panacea, no happy ending.

Not every job can be done by a robot, but even if they could be, it's still a better solution than having half of an illegal's earnings being sent home to Mexico where it builds their economy by destroying ours.

Jobs go unfilled in the US today because Americans don't have the skills for these jobs.

The key to future economic growth and full employment is education and that means the NEA has to get out of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies