Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM

397 posts, read 258,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have no idea what angle Dale is working on this one but since he didn't blame Obama I think we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
He is waiting for someone to say the cop was white so he can show that he isn't and think it means something. If the victim was white he would have not started this thread. Come on you know him.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM

13,662 posts, read 10,047,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Ya know, perhaps it could have been handled better, but have you ever been in a situation where things occurred so quickly that they didn't leave you time to think and reason? I know I have... I won't stand in judgement of the officer, but I will stand in judgement of the shoplifter... She knew going in the situation she could create and she did it anyway...
Oh okay. So let's just excuse any actions of an armed police officer because sometimes things occur quickly.

It's their job to make decisions under pressure. If they can't do that in a cool and calm manner, they should find another line of work.

She was shoplifting. That is not a big enough crime to justify his poor decision making in the heat of the moment.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM

46,382 posts, read 27,249,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Where's it going to end?
When people stop coddling people, like you....

She was wrong, they were wrong, they knew it...did it anyway, got caught...thoughts of going to jail....I guess did not settle with them....they knew they had gotten away with it before, so why not again...coddle....coddle...coddle.....

Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,954,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
You can take all that time for me but this poster said "good" and you say nothing. Tells me something about you.
Well of coarse, you are all knowing.... You know me so very well don't you..

Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM

111 posts, read 91,794 times
The security guard was reckless and irresponsible. He wasn't working as a cop. He was working a paul blart style job. He shouldn't have attempted to barricade a car with his car to begin with... over a purse full of cheap Chinese goods. Write up a report and give it to mister manager.

Instead, someone is dead, some kid is traumatized/motherless and his employer will (more likely than not) be sued.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:37 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,679,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Trying to run over a cop, very well could be....he was in uniform and identified himself as such....and in this case was the death penalty....
He was not a cop THEN. He was not getting paid by the city of Houston. He was getting paid by Walmart.

Besides, anyone can say they are a cop...

Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,954,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh okay. So let's just excuse any actions of an armed police officer because sometimes things occur quickly.

It's their job to make decisions under pressure. If they can't do that in a cool and calm manner, they should find another line of work.

She was shoplifting. That is not a big enough crime to justify his poor decision making in the heat of the moment.
Yeah, and I was a professional combatant hired and trained by your government.. When my life was threatened, and the lives of those around me, I didn't always have a cool calm manner.. This mans life was being threatened, irrespective of whether you take it seriously or not.... He reacted.... If she didn't shoplift, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all...

Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM

46,382 posts, read 27,249,607 times
There is a reason, that in Kennesaw GA, there have been no murders in the last 20+ years....I wonder what that could be..............????????????

Kennesaw Crime Statistics: Georgia (GA) - CityRating.com

85% lower crime rate....

Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,968,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

She was shoplifting. She got caught. She assaulted an officer in order to flee the store. She got into a car where the driver then tried to run down the police officer. She and her fellow criminals escalated this beyond shoplifting. It's tragic for all concerned. Tragic for her, that she lost her life so pointlessly. Tragic for the children in the car who I'm sure were traumatized by the events of that day. Tragic for the police officer who is similarly traumatized. It's not necessary to excuse the actions of the police officer. He felt his life was in danger and he reacted. His actions took the life of a young woman. A terrible tragedy.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:40 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,679,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I hate to burst your little bubble and your make believe world of right and wrong, but, an officer of the law is never off duty... He is on duty 24 hours a day. Trying to get away from a bullet is just plain ignorance. If someone pulls out a gun, I guarantee you, you will NOT out run a bullet.
I have been in that situation. Had a .45 pointed directly into my face from about 12 inches away, held by a man foaming at the mouth.

But, I wasn't in a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies