Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 02:46 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with two young children

Shelly Frey was shot dead attempting to drive away from off-duty sheriff deputy Louis Campbell who suspected her of shoplifting

He fired when Frey and her two alleged accomplices accelerated when he opened the car door

Read more: Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with two young children | Mail Online
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/...gs/shootee.jpg
What is your point for this post?

Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And for all you know, she was already backing out of the space when he opened the car door trying to force her to stop.

I hope there is video of this altercation.

It is so funny when 'your side' constantly accuses 'my side' of NOT BEING THERE BUT KNOWING WHAT HAPPENED, because, guess what, YOU WEREN'T THERE EITHER. Yet 'your side' is just as sure of your conclusion as 'my side'.
No, I am not sure what happened, but after your (your sides) insistance that the officer was at fault for killing the "poor girl" I meerly pointed out the questions. I haven't drawn conclussions, but you have. You have without the benefit of the video or any witness to the events, found this officer guilty of a crime that may or may not be the case.. I too hope there is a video, and given that it occurred in a Wal Mart parking lot there probably will be. There will probably also be witnesses to the incident that I am sure were intervued at the scene.. We have investigations and trials for a reason..

Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
The cop shoots blindly into a car, which is obvious since he killed a passenger and not the driver, and the righties are defending him?

You guys never cease to amaze me.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
This Officer capabilities are Pretty Low It Appears To Me , and if you were in the car next to the perpetrator you could've been killed ( or your 8 month old daughter ) got the picture...?
No, actually I don't.. As I just posted.. I wasn't there and neither were YOU... I also know that I would not be chased out in the parking lot for shoplifting.. If I were told to stop, I would have stopped... Got the picture??

Old 12-12-2012, 02:52 PM

469 posts, read 1,871,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm pretty sure you missed most of the story.
Just like you missed my whole post.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
the new BP rule is if they try to run over u-- u can shoot them. not when they try to escape. the" halt or i will shoot" was outlawed 40 years ago. basically that is why the prisons are bulging and not the cemetaries. that is why zimmerman the latino is paraded as a national villain and not a hero. stopping criminals is now a crime. they are not criminals they are "troubled youth".

Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The cop shoots blindly into a car, which is obvious since he killed a passenger and not the driver, and the righties are defending him?

You guys never cease to amaze me.
Nobody is defending him, just saying YOU don't know the facts any more than I do... You were NOT there and you are not privy to the investigation... You don't know squat and shouldn't jump to conclussions based on your assumptions....
'

Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, I am not sure what happened, but after your (your sides) insistance that the officer was at fault for killing the "poor girl" I meerly pointed out the questions. I haven't drawn conclussions, but you have. You have without the benefit of the video or any witness to the events, found this officer guilty of a crime that may or may not be the case.. I too hope there is a video, and given that it occurred in a Wal Mart parking lot there probably will be. There will probably also be witnesses to the incident that I am sure were intervued at the scene.. We have investigations and trials for a reason..
The cop over-reacted to the situation. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

You have most certainly reached a conclusion; how can you say you have not? Maybe you should re-read your posts.

I never called her a poor girl or anything else.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I don't see anyone calling her a poor girl. If you are an office of the law, you should be capable of better judgment than a panicked person who's going to do stupid things in order to avoid jail.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the rule is if they try to run over u u can shoot them. not when they try to escape. the halt or i will shoot was outlawed 40 years ago. basicallyl that is why the prisons and bulging and not the cemetaries.
A police officer in uniform opens your car door and you put the car into reverse and hit the gas, you think the car door will fall off the car before it knocks down the officer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies