Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
[/b]

Are you aware that sworn Law Enforcement Officers are trained in " The Police Academy To Only Point And Discharge Theirs Fire Arms When They ARE SHOOTING TO KILL " and they are aware of theirs surrounding so as not to KILL INNOCENCE BYSTANDERS.....are you aware...?
I am probably much more aware of policy and proceedure than you would ever imagine...

Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
The odds are GOOD that one day, at least one of you bloodthirsty ******** is going to lose a child or relative senselessly. It won't likely be because of an out of control LEO. That won't make it hurt any less. When you are asking God WHY?? WHY?? WHY??!! And you will... will you remember your shameful actions today?

H

Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, actually I don't.. As I just posted.. I wasn't there and neither were YOU... I also know that I would not be chased out in the parking lot for shoplifting.. If I were told to stop, I would have stopped... Got the picture??
No Sir get this picture " you are a law abiding citizen " doing a little bit of shopping at Wal-Mart ( then all of a sudden out ran these THREE LADIES and jumps in the car next to your " this Harris County Sheriff " runs up and open fire at them and hit YOU AND YOUR GUEST.....get the picture....?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
No Sir get this picture " you are a law abiding citizen " doing a little bit of shopping at Wal-Mart ( then all of a sudden out ran these THREE LADIES and jumps in the car next to your " this Harris County Sheriff " runs up and open fire at them and hit YOU AND YOUR GUEST.....get the picture....?
Again... Better than you know.. I also KNOW that circumstances are not always under or in control.. I know we are talking about human beings that are capable of making mistakes even with the best of training,.. I also know that some things are occassionally unavoidable.. I also know that neither of us are fully aware of all the facts, and may never be and it isn't our place to decide.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,422,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Good..........

EDIT....

In before the "they should have tried more talking" crowd get here....
Vomit-inducing.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
With all due respect, trying to run down someone with your car is a felony. And if you're sitting in the car as a passenger who's just committed a crime and fleeing the scene of the crime, you are just as culpable legally as the driver. If the driver had run down the police officer and killed him, all three shoplifters could be charged with murder.

As for unlawfully trying to detain, the police officer had reason to detain the women, and, as a police officer, he had the authority to detain them.
I disagree. The off duty cop was nothing more than an armed security guard working for walmart.

If an offender is fleeing the scene of a crime, that is why there is a number which should be called, and it is 911.

The security guard had no right to follow and try to detain, that is why active duty police officers are on duty for.

If the driver had run down the security officer, that is attempted vehicular homicide.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Again... Better than you know.. I also KNOW that circumstances are not always under or in control.. I know we are talking about human beings that are capable of making mistakes even with the best of training,.. I also know that some things are occassionally unavoidable.. I also know that neither of us are fully aware of all the facts, and may never be and it isn't our place to decide.
I agree full heartily with you............

Old 12-12-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I disagree. The off duty cop was nothing more than an armed security guard working for walmart.

If an offender is fleeing the scene of a crime, that is why there is a number which should be called, and it is 911.

The security guard had no right to follow and try to detain, that is why active duty police officers are on duty for.

If the driver had run down the security officer, that is attempted vehicular homicide.
I can't speak to other states, but in the state of Texas, a law enforcement officer is considered "ON DUTY" 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.. He was on duty, irrespective of working as security at Wal Mart... He was not a security officer.. He was Law Enforcement...

Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM

Default I Think

I think that this scenario should be placed in the Harris County Sheriff Department Training Academy " to stop this sort of thing from ever happening again "......

Old 12-12-2012, 03:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post

You can disagree all you want. The truth is that a police officer is always a police officer. On-duty or not. That's WHY stores and malls hire police officers. Because their authority is always with them. This officer was in uniform, he's an active-duty officer, and he identified himself to the shoplifters as an officer of the law. He had every right to follow and detain them. That's WHY stores and malls hire police officers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies