Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 04:52 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Or an idiot.
There's no need to be redundant here.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I'm sorry she's dead, all life is very precious. However, let's keep in mind who was in the wrong here:
This was someone who has no respect for the law or other people.
Last time I checked lack of respect for the law is not reason for use of lethal force.

5,261 posts, read 4,158,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No flip flopping to it.. Zimmerman did not attempt to flee and surrendered to authorities.. He deserves a trial... This young woman attempted to flee, assaulted a police officer, and tried to escape in a motor vehicle that attempted to strike a police officer... Right now what you are doing is trying very hard to convict the officer without a hearing or even so much as an investigation... Both this officer as well as Zimmerman deserve to have the evidence decide whether or not they were in the wrong...
Yep, only guilty people ever flee.

1,364 posts, read 1,929,680 times
Deputy Campell fired in self defense.... case closed....thread closed.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The country is on the verge of collapse and 26 pages of debate over a scumbag thief who got popped in self-defense.

The courts have already ruled that trying to run somebody over is anything from aggravated assault to attempted murder, depending on the state and circumstances.

The poor mom doesn't think her daughter deserved to die? The cop didn't deserve to die, either.

She wasn't killed for shoplifting, she was killed because she tried to kill a cop with a 4000# weapon. Anyone who can't see the distinction is probably a liberal.

Open good morning class " the Woman Killed Was Not The Driver " write this down 100 times........

Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No flip flopping to it.. Zimmerman did not attempt to flee and surrendered to authorities.. He deserves a trial... This young woman attempted to flee, assaulted a police officer, and tried to escape in a motor vehicle that attempted to strike a police officer... Right now what you are doing is trying very hard to convict the officer without a hearing or even so much as an investigation... Both this officer as well as Zimmerman deserve to have the evidence decide whether or not they were in the wrong...
Or so the officer claims and while I have no reason to doubt his account... so far, my question remains.

How does shooting the driver of a car stop the car and thus end the imminent threat that justifies the use of deadly force?

I've never had anyone, including a cop, answer the question but I'm holding out hope that someday someone will.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Or so the officer claims and while I have no reason to doubt his account... so far, my question remains.

How does shooting the driver of a car stop the car and thus end the imminent threat that justifies the use of deadly force?

I've never had anyone, including a cop, answer the question but I'm holding out hope that someday someone will.
That's why they have investigations and trials...

Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times
Another Zimmerman situation, we don't know all the facts. Wait and see what really happened. I think in the Zimmerman case there is more than some guy trying to shoot a black kid with pop and candy. Remeber the Tawana Brawley case? It was a KKK thing that launched some people into the spot light like Al Sharpton. It was a kid lying about how she got pregnant. Lets wait and see. Or do you remember the Lacross kids who everyone wanted to string up for raping a black girl, and it was her lying about it.?

Old 12-12-2012, 05:03 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yep, only guilty people ever flee.
Apparently you missed the part about asaulting a officer, and the part about fleeing.. both felonies and then you may want to re-read the part about assault with a motor vehicle... another felony.. What part of this do you not understand? I will try again and talk VERY VERY slowly...

Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not if they get shot by the cops. Assault a cop, get shot.
O.K. for the 101 time she DIDN'T ASSAULT A COP.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies