Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you predict that federal laws pertaining to semi-automatic handgun ownership will become more str
Yes, but I'm personally opposed to new restrictions. 34 21.94%
Yes, and I'm personally in favor of new restrictions. 43 27.74%
No, I don't believe that new restrictions will be actually be enacted--I don't support gun control. 42 27.10%
No, and it's shameful that new restrictions won't be enacted--I'm in favor of more gun control. 36 23.23%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 05:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I own guns and Call of Duty, but yet I haven't killed anyone or have wanted too.
I own guns as well....never play COD. But I agree with KU...people who barricade themselves in their rooms and play any game all day everyday are more likely to be sociopaths...

Its probably a safe assumption that technology and the internets effect on interpersonal communication might have a lot to do with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,229 posts, read 1,148,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Eliminate the human race.

As long as there have been humans, there has been senseless violence. What increases such actions in the US, as opposed to other nations (Switzerland, Israel) with higher gun ownership?

lack of religious beliefs
lack of respect for life
single parent families
no strong male role models
lack of familiarity and training with firearms (all of my kids have used guns since age 5- they know and respect the capabilities of weapons and would never dream of using a gun on a fellow human)
culture of violence with video games
culture of violence through Hollywood

Erosion of family values and respect for life causes such tragedies. I can say that EVERYONE when I was a kid had a .22 rifle and a shotgun. We never killed each other. It is not the weapons, it is what is inside the mind of the shooter.

The marxists are licking their chops, as all good totalitarians would, in order to capitalize upon a tragedy in a quest to gain more power. ALL TOTALITARIANS will, and have, attempted to limit gun ownership. Obama, being an enemy of liberty, will no doubt attempt to limit Constitutional rights, due to this tragedy.

Stay free- oppose Obama
Total BS, BS BS. China has a quarter of the violence the US does and its an Atheist nation. You and y our Fing god Bull Crap. If we just all get Jesus, my god the myth is not true, but even if it was your book the bible is full of rape, murder and incest, and this is what gods people were doing. Keep your crazy crap to yourself Have you made your tin foil hat today? Caption conspiracy?

4,183 posts, read 6,526,537 times
It's not guns that kill people. And it's not WMDs that kill people. That's why we didn't invade Iraq.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's not a "couple of bad people"...You are over represented by too many bad people. America has the reputation of spawning evil lunatics. I love America but she reminds me of a person that is permanently tainted. It is kind of like adoring a retired prostitute...you love her but there will always be something dirty about her. America is like a white sheet that has stains that show a history of impurity.
We are also represented by alot of great smart people, but no one cares about them... everyone is just so obsessed with putting down America, i dont understand why...

why do these mass killers have to represent America? why can't Harvard students, scientist, NASA employees represent America?

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I own guns as well....never play COD. But I agree with KU...people who barricade themselves in their rooms and play any game all day everyday are more likely to be sociopaths...

Its probably a safe assumption that technology and the internets effect on interpersonal communication might have a lot to do with it
Technology is most likely having effects on people we don't realize.

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
If guns don't kill people, then neither do RPGs, or Rockets or Nukes, so why does Israil try to stop everyone from having weapons? Would not more guns and RPGs make the Middle east safer? Oh wait, that only works for white people who are over weight. Not brown people. LOL

do RPGs kill people without a concious thought of someone pullingthe trigger to launch it. no it doesnt.

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Mountain Dew. Those rednecks teeth are horrible. Death by gingivitis.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
If guns don't kill people, then neither do RPGs, or Rockets or Nukes, so why does Israil try to stop everyone from having weapons? Would not more guns and RPGs make the Middle east safer? Oh wait, that only works for white people who are over weight. Not brown people. LOL

For the respect and love of yourself, please go take a logic class.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The gun was the weapon, not the problem.
Take away the guns will not solve your problem because other weapons will be used instead.

Taking away guns will not solve the problem of mental instability and mass fatalities.

People seeking "social revenge", as the article below aptly puts it will just use different weapons to achieve the same impact.

Chinese man on stabbing spree hurts 22 kids
The dreaded attacks on school children returned to haunt China on Thursday after 22 of them were injured besides an 85-year-old woman after a "mentally deranged" man, armed with a knife, went on a slashing spree at a primary school.
China has been experiencing the school attacks in different places for some time. Dubbed as social revenge attacks by frustrated people marginalised by China's rapid development in recent years, the attackers mainly targeted school children to make maximum impact.
Agreed.

Had the principle and his staff been armed, the tragedy would have been limited. My uncle, who was a 101st Airborne ranger (and an elementary school teacher for 35 years) had a gun in his desk at school forever. He is now retired. Had this happened at his school, the shooter would have been killed quickly.

Insane sociopaths kill people, not guns. Keep in mind that heros and the police use guns to kill criminals. We cannot give criminals and violent people the tactical upper hand and disarm- that is exactly the wrong thing to do. What we need to understand is that liberal society has become more and more depraved and violent and needs to be checked. We need more two parent families, more discipline, more religion, and more devotion to education. Disarming simply allows criminals to kill all of us.

I, for one, will never be disarmed. When the feds come to disarm peaceful, productive citizens, who have never had a problem in their life, and start to slaughter them, we have officially entered a totalitarian, fascist regime.

Never, ever give up the right to bear arms over an isolated instance that has NOTHING to do with guns, and EVERYTHING to do with liberal society. Just ban liberalism.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:07 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
do RPGs kill people without a concious thought of someone pullingthe trigger to launch it. no it doesnt.
So let everyone have one, give them away in every box of luck charms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies