Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:43 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,228,814 times

Advertisements

Should we restrict the 1st amendment rights of Hollywood to feed Violence trash to the public ?

Hollywood loves to support the Liberal cause. They should take some of the blame on the influence of our youth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 08:46 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,223,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So a gun owner goes on vacation and someone breaks into his house and steals a gun safe . Later they open the gun safe and kills 10 wit Thea guns which were securely locked and you jail the gun owner who had his/ her house broken in while on vacation?
The owner should be able to show that they were not home. If the owner gets home, and doesn't notice that the guns are missing for months, then YES it is their fault. THEY are responsible for those guns.

It would take someone using a jackhammer to remove my safe from my home. It is anchored into the concrete foundation of my home with 8 inch bolts. I'm pretty sure I could show the theft occurred, and I would know immediately.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
But you still have nearly 300 million legally owned guns in the hands of private citizens.
Those citizens would be responsible for those guns, and any crime committed using them. I would know if my guns were missing, and would immediately report them missing.

If people are supposedly responsible enough to own a gun, they should be responsible for that gun.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,230,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The owner should be able to show that they were not home. If the owner gets home, and doesn't notice that the guns are missing for months, then YES it is their fault. THEY are responsible for those guns.

It would take someone using a jackhammer to remove my safe from my home. It is anchored into the concrete foundation of my home with 8 inch bolts. I'm pretty sure I could show the theft occurred, and I would know immediately.
So the owner has to prove he is innocent while the people who broke into his house are assumed innocent?

Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,065,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
This is just beginning in the attempt of banning guns!!!

Progressives Plan March On NRA In DC Monday | TPM LiveWire
Why not?

I mean, progressives are ignorant sheep used to placing blame on the wrong people.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If the house was broken as per my example there would a police report which should have what was taken
Then the owner wouldn't be held responsible. The gun was reported stolen.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,065,293 times
Quote:
Those citizens would be responsible for those guns, and any crime committed using them. I would know if my guns were missing, and would immediately report them missing.

If people are supposedly responsible enough to own a gun, they should be responsible for that gun.
So if your car is stolen and used in a hit and run homicide, you will take responsibility?

After all, YOU were irresponsible in protecting your car from theft.

See how silly that sounds?

Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Then the owner wouldn't be held responsible. The gun was reported stolen.
What if the owner was out of his on vacation and did not know it was broken into . Until after the bad guy uses it to kill. Still arrest the owner?

Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,981,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So if your car is stolen and used in a hit and run homicide, you will take responsibility?
If unreported, that would be reasonable.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

After all, YOU were irresponsible in protecting your car from theft.

See how silly that sounds?
Someone steals your baseball bat and beats their wife to death it's the owner of the baseball bats fault .

Ridiculous line of thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies