Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times

Advertisements

Why are they claiming they will keep their guns if the law changes? If you own a gun and law changes to make that particular weapon illegal, than keeping it is NOT responsible.

I keep hearing how responsible these gun owners are-- Yet when faced with actual gun crime, they abdicate responsibility. When faced with a possible change in law which may illegalize assault rifles, they will do the OPPOSITE of what's responsible and retain their illegal weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Having attempted civil discussion here a year ago about SYG laws written by NRA lobbyists, it will be interesting to see if and what intelligent responses/defenses you get.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:09 PM

61 posts, read 95,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Why are they claiming they will keep their guns if the law changes? If you own a gun and law changes to make that particular weapon illegal, than keeping it is NOT responsible.

I keep hearing how responsible these gun owners are-- Yet when faces with actual gun crime, they abdicate responsibility. When faces with a possible change in law which may illegalize assault rifles, they will do the OPPOSITE of what's responsible and retain their illegal weapons.

i hope obama and democrats get crazy with gun control b/c nothing ensures republicans win back those swing states more than that.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Sorry I don't consider a government which kills and maims it's own citizens and those of other countries, an arbiter of what is moral or responsible.
I can only wonder why anyone does???

Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Tesla View Post
i hope obama and democrats get crazy with gun control b/c nothing ensures republicans win back those swing states more than that.
And I hope that the Republican fringe keeps pushing for armed Kindergarten teachers and continues to bloviate about how guns aren't the problem. Their reticence to even look at gun culture and gun laws continues to scare any swing voter with a brain...

Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
There's a difference between being responsible and obeying unjust laws (whether that diagnosis in realistic or not).

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-17-2012 at 05:39 PM..

Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:

I keep hearing how responsible these gun owners are-- Yet when faced with actual gun crime, they abdicate responsibility. When faced with a possible change in law which may illegalize assault rifles, they will do the OPPOSITE of what's responsible and retain their illegal weapons.
Well, they are all responsible .... in the comic books.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sorry I don't consider a government which kills and maims it's own citizens and those of other countries, an arbiter of what is moral or responsible.
I can only wonder why anyone does???
No. You guys keep saying how responsible gun owners are. Breaking the law-- even if you disagree-- is NOT responsible.

Keep your guns in the face of a change in law is NOT responsible (And come off it-- No one is coming after your reasonable hunting rifle or the handgun you want for self-protection). It is responsible to obey the law-- even when comes to guns. Even if you're you're an anti-government loon.

You can't be both responsible and advocate breaking the law. Care to explain the dissonance?

Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Retarded thread.

There's a difference between being responsible and obeying unjust laws (whether that diagnosis in realistic or not).
No. It's irresponsible to break the law. And you don't get to determine which ones you like and which ones you don't.

If gun owners are responsible, they will follow the law... Not hide their illegal weapons of war.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
No. It's irresponsible to break the law. And you don't get to determine which ones you like and which ones you don't.

If gun owners are responsible, they will follow the law... Not hide their illegal weapons of war.
Because you've defined "responsible" as "doing what mlassoff wants".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies