Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 AM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You mean republicans would have hated to have Romney instead?
And yet again, you disagree with what you read instead of what the poster actually wrote. You might want to get that checked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
And yet again, you disagree with what you read instead of what the poster actually wrote. You might want to get that checked out.
The poster assumed that the republicans wanted Obama, not Romney. That was quite a display of idiocy.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Judging from the threads, I'm guessing a lot of people stopped taking their meds.

I don't see where anyone's benefit was cut.

Are you going to present any facts, or just rant?

Why don't we start with Inflation, how the different types of Inflation are defined, what causes each type of Inflation, what solutions exist for each type of Inflation, and then after that we can discuss the Substitution Effect.

And then we can discuss the CPI.

Are you capable of doing that, or is that asking too much because it's way over your head?

Debunking...

Mircea
Oh sure, bring facts and actual economics into the discussion.

You are indeed correct to mention that ignoring subsitution tends to make the CPI overstate inflation by around 0.5% historically. The whole Paasches vs. Laspreyes indexes thing. (Forgive my spelling, it's been a while. )

We'd be lucky to scrape up 5-6 regular posters around here that could reasonably have the discussion you are describing.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
bs. As I said, "compromise" is a no-no, when extremists are at play.
Glenn Greenwald clearly describes your mindset when it comes to Obama and this BS you believe about him having to "compromise" You're just ignorant of the facts and want to call people "extremists" when they stand up for popular viewpoints about not cutting SS benefits.

Barack Obama is gutting the core principles of the Democratic party | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 12-19-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
The poster assumed that the republicans wanted Obama, not Romney. That was quite a display of idiocy.
Nope. Not what it said. Do you have anybody around that you could get to read it to you?

Old 12-19-2012, 10:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
He hinted long before the election he was willing to cut SS benefits. He even alluded to it in the debates.

I'm not defending Obama, He's as worse as the GOP Congressman you vote for.
I've commented back to you SEVERAL TIMES that I vote 3rd party because I don't believe either D or R yet you totally ignore my comments.

Why should I be outraged or even mad about this ?
The writing is on the wall and people have been warned that austerity will come to America and they were in denial and still are, seeing from the "petition" that is circulating.

The slow decline has accelerated a bit.
This "tin foil hat" poster has been on other boards and forums partaking in discussions, debates and "what if" scenarios and they weren't end of the world, get your guns and bullets discussions either. They were sane rational discussions regarding fiscal and economic issues, leading economic indicators that the government can't fudge (port traffic, Baltic Dry Index, etc) that are all pointing to a worldwide decline.

I've adjusted and adapted. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
I consider myself lucky that I was able to go Galt by taking early retirement and moving to a low COL rural area. I'm nowhere near SS age either. This little hamster jumped off the wheel and I've removed myself as much as I can from "the system".

Your taxes are going to go up and your benefits are going to go down.
That's reality.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:36 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Glenn Greenwald clearly describes your mindset when it comes to Obama and this BS you believe about him having to "compromise" You're just ignorant of the facts and want to call people "extremists" when they stand up for popular viewpoints about not cutting SS benefits.

Barack Obama is gutting the core principles of the Democratic party | World news | guardian.co.uk
I say, what I see. I see extremists refusing any notion of compromise, and labeling it as a weakness (and in your case, a want).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nope. Not what it said. Do you have anybody around that you could get to read it to you?
So, at this moment, you are not the one who believes that republicans prefer Obama in the office over Romney. Right?

Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
No one is going to be happy with everything they come up with, but the truth is that both sides have to give something in order to get something.

Personally I am happy to see them work together to resolve this mess.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Cave to the GOP? Obama has been an enemy of senior citizens from the beginning. It would be his biggest pleasure to cut benefits to seniors and be able to blame it on the GOP. Does anyone remember the extra taken from seniors by the Obamacare? I do. Any senior citizen that thinks Obama is his friend doesn't need any enemies. He is also not the friend of the children or widows of senior citizens with the death taxes. 7% is a small amount beside of the higher% many of us will end up paying.

I just wish we could get just a little honesty from this man. He is playing with us and pretending to want something but clearly wants us to fall off the cliff. Open your eyes and it will become very clear to you that is what is going on. If the Republicans start to agree to something; he changes to something else. You voted for him; I didn't. It's your fault. And as I said before, we middle class always end up doing the paying. I haven't seen anything change from that.

Honest Americans are the backbone of this country; then we have the Democrats and Republicans with their special needs. I am more than tired of both parties.

Last edited by NCN; 12-19-2012 at 10:51 AM..

Old 12-19-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Imagine if Romney had won and proposed this? The uproar would be immense since the targeted group is younger and more typically democratic voters. However, with a dem president you won't get as much blow-back unless the targeted group was more republican.

This is why Obama winning re-election and being a noted caver to the republicans is good news for the republicans. Of course they are too partisan to notice this and will keep ranting about him but the reps are going to get more of their crap passed with Obama in office than Romney.

No question there will be trades, let's wait and see how fair they were....I know the last 4 years they weren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies