Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,361,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Read the Bible - It's Gods Rule, not Yours.
Sorry, I don't read fiction any more.
You have no proof of a god thingie.
And your religion has nothing to do with the laws of my country.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,361,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Pedophilia refers to attraction to pre-pubescent youth.

Attraction to pubescent youth is known as "ephebophilia" and quite normal.

Many of those abused were adolescents.

Do you think you can change the definition of homosexuality to suit your agenda?
The vast majority were pre-pubescent.
With the adolescents, most started early and continued.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:22 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,821,104 times
Quote:
Have, and God doesn't agree with you religious extremists.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:47 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,625,580 times
Quote:
That's nice. But we don't use the buybull as a foundation for civil law, so your point is irrelevant.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:20 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,821,104 times
The Pope also just blessed the Parliament leader in Uganda for passing the "Kill the Gays" Bill. The leader of Catholicism is blessing and applauding people for passing a genocide bill?

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...12/12/13/56277

Benedict is such an evil human being. I've never had such little respect for a Pope until he came around. Proof the Cardinal selection of the Pope in conclave is about as useful as Americans electing the President. God has zero involvement in that disaster. Wish there was a way to kick the Pope out of office.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:30 PM

488 posts, read 414,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Bull all on your part. There is no gay life style and you are just being immature, rediculous and callous. You will soon be on the wrong side of history and look like a total fool. Wear that badge proudly, because everyone will see it and laugh in your face. At least I and many of my gay brothers and sisters can maintain a long term relationship. Better than the 60% divorce rate you straight people seem to favor. Why should we pay for rights and benefits that we already pay for in taxes. Till you lose the 1049 federal rights that you steal from every one who pays taxes, then we deserve the same when we get married. How many times do you need to be told that child rearing is not required of marriage, if it were the case, senior citizens would not be allowed to marry, nor would people who are sterile, and if you did not reproduce your marriage should be null and void. But that is not how it works. Grow up.
You are rather hateful aren't you? Yes, you are. That informs me that this crusade of yours has nothing to do with feeling 'equal' but more about revenge & strife for the sake of ego & the stain of disdain splashed across your existence. So be it. Part of the 'gay' life'style' revolves around a petulant childishness fomented from never being perceived as quite as ordinary as those one was surrounded by, never being invited to the dance as it were. Your enemy is "You straight people getting entitlements", another hallmark of the damaged 'gay' mindset- why didn't you label me as a 'breeder' while you were at it? Par for the course. Celebrate being yourself! I'd rather associate with level-headed, non-fixated concious folk with whatever sexual meanderings.

Read your own words:

"There is no gay lifestyle..."
"You will soon be on the wrong side of history..."
"...everyone will see it and laugh in your face..."
"Child-rearing has nothing to do with marriage..."

You see, I read rebuttals without preconceived notions & get to the gist of the scree- you attack anything that can remotely be considered an affront since you can't help but see everyone as the enemy who does not totally concur with whatever mash you present as the absolute truth. Demanding a set of 'rights' for the sake of a grand hateful revenge is recognized as psychotic and hardly works in the best interest toward making homosexualist unions acceptable. But it must be 'marriage' so we can be proper little examples of 'normalcy' on the greensward, smiling congregation proud of the recognized adulthood exemplified by nodding god & enabling state. If you want the partner benefits, great; that is not what this 'separate-but-equal' nonsense is about though. You want forced acceptance by all for no other reason than spurious militancy. Just grow up. If it's about allowing for love & companionship you wouldn't need bombs & malice to keep others terrified of your pained sanctity.

You claim that same-sex marriage is due you because of unfair taxation and withheld fiscal benefits? I disagree somewhat. Tax breaks for personal relationships are silly, belonging to the same dated society that mandated marriage as a de facto privelege of declared unionized couples who would then be expected to go and make more children to renew the cycle, children also entitled to a tax break for the married pair simply for being born. So.. cut the tax breaks (which is happening anyway!) out completely no matter the makeup of the unionized couple. That settles it and redresses a touch that pathetic tribal dictate to 'be fruitful and multiply'- with financial help from Uncle Sam.

I see a society that does not require worship of old religio-social customs that have lost relevancy, pioneered in part by homosexualists, feminists, non-idol worshippers. You demand that people of whatever sexual orientation stay mired in a defunct spiritual vudu that has more to do with economic servitude and cultural stagnation than finding an honest mate to co-habitate with. We all (all humans) deserve better than paying lip-service to a dying concept embedded in the foundations of a belief system becoming more of a relic as the days pass. Why go retro and wish for mere equality on a front that has never been about personal choice but an enforced expectation of a community to prove self-virtue & fidelity? Going all out for the bragging rights by assimiliating an adjective unto a personal relationship all to announce its 'normalcy' is madness!

Evolve! (AND still get the pertinent legal abilities & rights.)

Last edited by TheEternalSanctuaryMan; 12-22-2012 at 02:40 PM..

Old 12-22-2012, 03:09 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,529,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
You are rather hateful aren't you? Yes, you are. That informs me that this crusade of yours has nothing to do with feeling 'equal' but more about revenge & strife for the sake of ego & the stain of disdain splashed across your existence. So be it. Part of the 'gay' life'style' revolves around a petulant childishness fomented from never being perceived as quite as ordinary as those one was surrounded by, never being invited to the dance as it were. Your enemy is "You straight people getting entitlements", another hallmark of the damaged 'gay' mindset- why didn't you label me as a 'breeder' while you were at it? Par for the course. Celebrate being yourself! I'd rather associate with level-headed, non-fixated concious folk with whatever sexual meanderings.

Read your own words:

"There is no gay lifestyle..."
"You will soon be on the wrong side of history..."
"...everyone will see it and laugh in your face..."
"Child-rearing has nothing to do with marriage..."

You see, I read rebuttals without preconceived notions & get to the gist of the scree- you attack anything that can remotely be considered an affront since you can't help but see everyone as the enemy who does not totally concur with whatever mash you present as the absolute truth. Demanding a set of 'rights' for the sake of a grand hateful revenge is recognized as psychotic and hardly works in the best interest toward making homosexualist unions acceptable. But it must be 'marriage' so we can be proper little examples of 'normalcy' on the greensward, smiling congregation proud of the recognized adulthood exemplified by nodding god & enabling state. If you want the partner benefits, great; that is not what this 'separate-but-equal' nonsense is about though. You want forced acceptance by all for no other reason than spurious militancy. Just grow up. If it's about allowing for love & companionship you wouldn't need bombs & malice to keep others terrified of your pained sanctity.

You claim that same-sex marriage is due you because of unfair taxation and withheld fiscal benefits? I disagree somewhat. Tax breaks for personal relationships are silly, belonging to the same dated society that mandated marriage as a de facto privelege of declared unionized couples who would then be expected to go and make more children to renew the cycle, children also entitled to a tax break for the married pair simply for being born. So.. cut the tax breaks (which is happening anyway!) out completely no matter the makeup of the unionized couple. That settles it and redresses a touch that pathetic tribal dictate to 'be fruitful and multiply'- with financial help from Uncle Sam.

I see a society that does not require worship of old religio-social customs that have lost relevancy, pioneered in part by homosexualists, feminists, non-idol worshippers. You demand that people of whatever sexual orientation stay mired in a defunct spiritual vudu that has more to do with economic servitude and cultural stagnation than finding an honest mate to co-habitate with. We all (all humans) deserve better than paying lip-service to a dying concept embedded in the foundations of a belief system becoming more of a relic as the days pass. Why go retro and wish for mere equality on a front that has never been about personal choice but an enforced expectation of a community to prove self-virtue & fidelity? Going all out for the bragging rights by assimiliating an adjective unto a personal relationship all to announce its 'normalcy' is madness!

Evolve! (AND still get the pertinent legal abilities & rights.)
It is you that is hateful, it is you that is being selfish. Why should I not get recognition in the country I pay taxes in. You get the recognition. I am not hateful, nor did what I say intone any hate. I am angry, Yes and why not. It is my rights being stomped on, not yours. You get the rights and benefits that go with marriage. And all the reasons have been put forward as to why it is unfair and unequal, but your refuse to see those reasons due to your unevolved mindset stuck on procreation and religion. I want to head into the future when our freedoms are not predicated by a majorities bible or relgigion. Something simple as allowing two people who want to join in marriage regardless of their sex, their race, their age as long as they can consent is fair and equal. As long as it is only gay people being vehemently denied those same equal access to equal benefits, then it is not freedom. When all straight people are no longer afforded the same rights and beneifits afforded marriage or we are given them, I will keep fighting for what I think is right. Too bad if you do not like it or think it is wrong, it is my life and I lead it my way and no dictator big or small will step in my way. EVOLVE yourself, go forward not backwards as you say.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:23 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,713,427 times
Up with hope, down with the pope!

Old 12-22-2012, 03:35 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,561,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Sorry, I don't read fiction any more.
You have no proof of a god thingie.
And your religion has nothing to do with the laws of my country.
I have proof and so do you. BTW, it's the #1 selling book in the world.
It's a good read...you may enjoy it. In this great book that is #1 selling of all time,
Jesus tells us God's rules for us on His planet.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:50 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,713,427 times
Quote:
I have proof and so do you. BTW, it's the #1 selling book in the world.
It's a good read...you may enjoy it. In this great book that is #1 selling of all time,
Jesus tells us God's rules for us on His planet.
The good ol'appeal to numbers logical fallacy. I like it Feel free to chime in with more of 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies