Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 04:24 PM

488 posts, read 414,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
It is you that is hateful, it is you that is being selfish. Why should I not get recognition in the country I pay taxes in. You get the recognition. I am not hateful, nor did what I say intone any hate. I am angry, Yes and why not. It is my rights being stomped on, not yours. You get the rights and benefits that go with marriage. And all the reasons have been put forward as to why it is unfair and unequal, but your refuse to see those reasons due to your unevolved mindset stuck on procreation and religion. I want to head into the future when our freedoms are not predicated by a majorities bible or relgigion. Something simple as allowing two people who want to join in marriage regardless of their sex, their race, their age as long as they can consent is fair and equal. As long as it is only gay people being vehemently denied those same equal access to equal benefits, then it is not freedom. When all straight people are no longer afforded the same rights and beneifits afforded marriage or we are given them, I will keep fighting for what I think is right. Too bad if you do not like it or think it is wrong, it is my life and I lead it my way and no dictator big or small will step in my way. EVOLVE yourself, go forward not backwards as you say.
I have evolved: marriage is a nasty dead thing only desired by those who need to feel empowered by social and religious authority. I'll have nothing to do with it. I am not alone.

I would rather see marriage be further de-romanticized, no longer used to coerce people into being good subjects by a concept that demands inter-personal responsibility declared from some piece of paper from the city hall stamped by priest or clerk and honored by a larger government framework. Be that as it may, I don't understand why society clings to this concept that a mere ceremony should confer rights to a pair simply by dint of a privately conducted religious ritual: Legal paperwork done consensually with legally crossed 't's and 'i's should suffice and people can go to the ashram or the church or the stupa as they see fit and call their situation whatever they choose. It works in the UK. Though not universal practiced in SA, it works there too.

As for the rights? Well, tax benefits & personal relations are a throwback when the tribe needed more physical members sponsored by any means possible. Developed places are past this need and it deserves no subsidizing. Wouldn't individual tax rates be preferable to a system solely designed to provide a subsidy for a stay-at-home mother be abolished? It's a dependency upkeep issue and outdated. Ditto child credits. All done to keep people directed to an eased financial situation by accepting the cultural practice of marriage.

Any right to care-take, spousal benefits, personal property and recognition of the declared intent as to who has these rights should be granted. Not a 'separate-but-equal' contrivance at all, just the way it is already done by either church or city clerk.

I will say this: DOMA is finished. People recognize what that knee-jerk reaction was and honestly this issue should be handled by the states and it will revert to that position as it should. Support will grow as most people are tired of living empty lies and enforcing fear-based hate. When you consider how long it took for inter-racial relations to not be barbarized in so many locations globally (and still is looked down upon)... it will take time but this is the time for you and it will still be tomorrow. Seeking validity by usurping titles loudly and demanding society accept it in a frenzied attack creates an equally frenzied defense. That is then a war. Not about equality, nor fair treatment but a complete expectation for a disavowal of ingrained beliefs that is to be taken down immediately. Well, this issue isn't so obvious as the Berlin Wall being razed but just as convoluted. People like what they see everyday that has been offered up as completely natural as it brings comfort and a sense of belonging and it makes for alot of determined work done to show how onerous the facade is and how falacious the Thou Shalts are.

A good life is lived well. So-called Negroes used different toilets, different playgrounds in America for decades. Look where that led, an understandable militancy to so much wrong-headed, stubborn dedication to perceiving humanity by withholding it from those not traditionally Europeon-appearing. The same can be said of same-sexers in regards to their treatment as insane and deviant and as rapacious pedophiliacs. Don't go the usual militant's path, you become as that which you abhor. Live what you want to be and let others see that it is real and not so injurious. Just keep your self-defense training up-to-date as the inculcated aren't always so self-aware...

It isn't a matter of semantics so much as a reasonable response to unreasonable stances proven wrong by a lived reality that isn't based solely on adopting tribal control sets that authorizes appropriate emotional/sexual conduct to gain a reasoned acceptance. That does not legitimatize anything but fealty to what is oppressive, to being coddled by the mean oppressor by gaining favor with it and being condoned by it. Wars are won by battles well-chosen, not throwing numbers at a fortification to prove zealous appeal that should be accepted by a display of mad fervor. Other than legality and the ability to simply be you as you are naturally, there is no purpose served asking for a thing, increasingly have the thing be offered, but decline it so you can have the expensive cherry that would be yours anyway if only you accepted the fact that it must be negotiated in a long trade with unctious shop-keeps out to prove themselves as upright business-people to save face and gain the upper-hand. Let them win with the short-term rates as the battle will be won with long-term interest.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
I have proof and so do you. BTW, it's the #1 selling book in the world.
It's a good read...you may enjoy it. In this great book that is #1 selling of all time,
Jesus tells us God's rules for us on His planet.
Followed by Agatha Christie & Shakespeare and who? J.K. Rowling, Danielle Steele and Stephen King?

The bible is tribal fiction no longer practical, as if it ever was, sales bolstered by the likes of the fine folks who brought the world the likes of the Spanish Inquisition and multifarious Crusades to keep loot and gain spoils of war.

Ask the Ottomans why they did the same. 'Cause islam is of the same orientation and what does that infer about crazed monotheistic religions? Loot, territory and population control to gain more of the first two.

Maybe we people should get together on the ground floor of the creation of the Sacred Church of Michael Jackson. The same fanatical madness is involved...

Last edited by TheEternalSanctuaryMan; 12-22-2012 at 04:42 PM..

Old 12-22-2012, 11:08 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,182,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You certainly have.

The Causes and Context of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests in the United States, 1950-2010
http://www.jjay.cuny.edu/4688.php

"The researchers conclude that there is no causative relationship between either celibacy or homosexuality and the sexual victimization of children in the Church. Therefore, being celibate or being gay did not increase the risk of violating children. So, blaming the clergy abuse crisis in the Catholic Church on gay men or celibacy is unfounded."

The New John Jay Report on Clergy Abuse in the Catholic Church | Psychology Today

Gay Priests No More Likely to Abuse, Study Finds - ABC News

John Jay Report: On Not Blaming Homosexual Priests

BTW, you are also incorrect about the term ephebophilia.
It's the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, (ages 15 to 19), NOT pubescent youth.

"Hebephilia" is the sexual preference for pubescent individuals.

I suggest you seek help if you are sexually attracted to pubescent children and think it's 'quite normal'.
Sorry that I got my definition wrong. However, "pedophilia" still refers to an attraction to pre-pubescent children. "Hebephilia" is a controversial diagnosis; see Hebephilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :

Quote:
In 2008, Ray Blanchard was the lead author of an influential paper proposing the introduction of hebephilia in the DSM-5.[8] The paper, coauthored mostly with colleagues from CAMH and the University of Toronto, triggered a number of reactions, many of them critical on the basis that it pathologizes reproductively valid behavior in order to uphold current social and legal standards...At the annual meeting of the American Association of Psychiatry and Law (AAPL) a group of forensic psychiatrists working with sex offenders made a symbolic vote on the inclusion of Pedohebephilia in DSM-5, with 2 votes for and 31 against. At the International Association for the Treatment of Sexual Offenders meeting in Oslo another vote was made with 1 vote for and 100 against.
I am not attracted to pubescent children myself, but one has to admit it has been common historically. Think about the "youths" sexually idealized by ancient Greek culture. And to say that these are not pedophilic acts but homosexual acts is not to say the priests are all "homosexuals" - and the "heterosexual / homosexual" distinction is largely an invention of the last 100 years.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:13 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,426,236 times
Quote:
I have proof and so do you. BTW, it's the #1 selling book in the world.
It's a good read...you may enjoy it. In this great book that is #1 selling of all time,
Jesus tells us God's rules for us on His planet.
Harry Potter is also one of the best selling books of all time - doesn't make Harry a real person.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,426,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
I have evolved: marriage is a nasty dead thing only desired by those who need to feel empowered by social and religious authority. I'll have nothing to do with it. I am not alone.

I would rather see marriage be further de-romanticized, no longer used to coerce people into being good subjects by a concept that demands inter-personal responsibility declared from some piece of paper from the city hall stamped by priest or clerk and honored by a larger government framework. Be that as it may, I don't understand why society clings to this concept that a mere ceremony should confer rights to a pair simply by dint of a privately conducted religious ritual: Legal paperwork done consensually with legally crossed 't's and 'i's should suffice and people can go to the ashram or the church or the stupa as they see fit and call their situation whatever they choose. It works in the UK. Though not universal practiced in SA, it works there too.

As for the rights? Well, tax benefits & personal relations are a throwback when the tribe needed more physical members sponsored by any means possible. Developed places are past this need and it deserves no subsidizing. Wouldn't individual tax rates be preferable to a system solely designed to provide a subsidy for a stay-at-home mother be abolished? It's a dependency upkeep issue and outdated. Ditto child credits. All done to keep people directed to an eased financial situation by accepting the cultural practice of marriage.

Any right to care-take, spousal benefits, personal property and recognition of the declared intent as to who has these rights should be granted. Not a 'separate-but-equal' contrivance at all, just the way it is already done by either church or city clerk.

I will say this: DOMA is finished. People recognize what that knee-jerk reaction was and honestly this issue should be handled by the states and it will revert to that position as it should. Support will grow as most people are tired of living empty lies and enforcing fear-based hate. When you consider how long it took for inter-racial relations to not be barbarized in so many locations globally (and still is looked down upon)... it will take time but this is the time for you and it will still be tomorrow. Seeking validity by usurping titles loudly and demanding society accept it in a frenzied attack creates an equally frenzied defense. That is then a war. Not about equality, nor fair treatment but a complete expectation for a disavowal of ingrained beliefs that is to be taken down immediately. Well, this issue isn't so obvious as the Berlin Wall being razed but just as convoluted. People like what they see everyday that has been offered up as completely natural as it brings comfort and a sense of belonging and it makes for alot of determined work done to show how onerous the facade is and how falacious the Thou Shalts are.

A good life is lived well. So-called Negroes used different toilets, different playgrounds in America for decades. Look where that led, an understandable militancy to so much wrong-headed, stubborn dedication to perceiving humanity by withholding it from those not traditionally Europeon-appearing. The same can be said of same-sexers in regards to their treatment as insane and deviant and as rapacious pedophiliacs. Don't go the usual militant's path, you become as that which you abhor. Live what you want to be and let others see that it is real and not so injurious. Just keep your self-defense training up-to-date as the inculcated aren't always so self-aware...

It isn't a matter of semantics so much as a reasonable response to unreasonable stances proven wrong by a lived reality that isn't based solely on adopting tribal control sets that authorizes appropriate emotional/sexual conduct to gain a reasoned acceptance. That does not legitimatize anything but fealty to what is oppressive, to being coddled by the mean oppressor by gaining favor with it and being condoned by it. Wars are won by battles well-chosen, not throwing numbers at a fortification to prove zealous appeal that should be accepted by a display of mad fervor. Other than legality and the ability to simply be you as you are naturally, there is no purpose served asking for a thing, increasingly have the thing be offered, but decline it so you can have the expensive cherry that would be yours anyway if only you accepted the fact that it must be negotiated in a long trade with unctious shop-keeps out to prove themselves as upright business-people to save face and gain the upper-hand. Let them win with the short-term rates as the battle will be won with long-term interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post

So don't get married if you don't like marriage. Sheesh.

Or did you just want to have a vindictive rant against gays and lesbians?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:18 PM

32,217 posts, read 15,201,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
I guess according to nazi pope logic, it's only okay when you diddle them young.

Pope says future of mankind at stake over gay marriage - Telegraph

The pope is just a man and nothing special. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone worships him

Old 12-22-2012, 11:19 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,478,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Bull all on your part. There is no gay life style and you are just being immature, rediculous and callous. You will soon be on the wrong side of history and look like a total fool. Wear that badge proudly, because everyone will see it and laugh in your face. At least I and many of my gay brothers and sisters can maintain a long term relationship. Better than the 60% divorce rate you straight people seem to favor. Why should we pay for rights and benefits that we already pay for in taxes. Till you lose the 1049 federal rights that you steal from every one who pays taxes, then we deserve the same when we get married. How many times do you need to be told that child rearing is not required of marriage, if it were the case, senior citizens would not be allowed to marry, nor would people who are sterile, and if you did not reproduce your marriage should be null and void. But that is not how it works. Grow up.
Look, I support gay marriage. But telling people they are the wrong side of history and are immature and callous and then telling them to grow up is the pot calling the kettle black. You need to grow up and mature yourself and realize that you don't get to tell other people what to think. You want homosexual unions to have the same benefits that heterosexual unions get? Fine. Say that. But don't try to shame people who disagree with you and then tell them to grow up. Part of growing up is realizing that not everyone will approve of or like you.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:27 PM

32,217 posts, read 15,201,107 times
Quote:
Read the Bible - It's Gods Rule, not Yours.
The bible is rubbish. Hand me down stories over centuries is just not reliable. It's not gods rule....it's yours to determine what to do with your life.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,182,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The vast majority were pre-pubescent.
With the adolescents, most started early and continued.
Proof?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So don't get married if you don't like marriage. Sheesh.

Or did you just want to have a vindictive rant against gays and lesbians?
You obviously can't read.

Should same-sexers be allowed their liberty? Sure.

Why they insist on attaining a nonsense title that is a huge backward step is boggling, but then so is pretending to be 'normal' when one is already just fine.

You realize that if homosexualists in America had simply taken up the offers given on civil unions, that more places would have already granted this obsessed-upon 'marriage' title, like say, California?

As for vindictive rants? ...Have a chat with Dragonslayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies