Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:41 PM

488 posts, read 412,982 times

Advertisements

The concept of marriage having any true meaning beyond keeping up appearances in this modern age is laughable. Let's let the homosexualists have access to this quaint antiquainted notion as people with brains & hearts continue the foray into less-oppressive relations that eschew societal approval of their affections & government rubber stamps of its legitimacy.

Those people who want the government to sanction their love are the same sort who hang onto the words of the Worm Pope in his tacky dresses & flawed philosophy of a natural spiritual slavery, all gussied-up to give meaning to the meaningless, validity to a need for a necessarily imposed faith.

'Gay marriage' is not about just acquiring the 'rights' (now obtainabe thru ordinary law), it is about acceptance by the herd to be deemed 'normal'.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
The concept of marriage having any true meaning beyond keeping up appearances in this modern age is laughable. Let's let the homosexualists have access to this quaint antiquainted notion as people with brains & hearts continue the foray into less-oppressive relations that eschew societal approval of their affections & government rubber stamps of its legitimacy.

Those people who want the government to sanction their love are the same sort who hang onto the words of the Worm Pope in his tacky dresses & flawed philosophy of a natural spiritual slavery, all gussied-up to give meaning to the meaningless, validity to a need for a necessarily imposed faith.

'Gay marriage' is not about just acquiring the 'rights' (now obtainabe thru ordinary law), it is about acceptance by the herd to be deemed 'normal'.
Have you been paying attention to the news? Yes, that was the offspring of a broken marriage that walked into a school and slaughtered 26 innocent souls. You don't think the Pope is on to something here? Hey, I'm not against gay marriage. Personally I feel that people were born with a right to be happy. But the crumbling of the family unit and marriage especially is doing great harm to society.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Have you been paying attention to the news? Yes, that was the offspring of a broken marriage that walked into a school and slaughtered 26 innocent souls. You don't think the Pope is on to something here? Hey, I'm not against gay marriage. Personally I feel that people were born with a right to be happy. But the crumbling of the family unit and marriage especially is doing great harm to society.
Wouldn't that be an argument in favor of gay marriage? If health of the family unit and marriage is important to society, why wouldn't it make sense to allow as many people as possible to get married?

Old 12-21-2012, 01:59 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
But the crumbling of the family unit and marriage especially is doing great harm to society.
Actually, the rumors of the crumbling of our society have been greatly exaggerated. Violent crime is at all time lows, non-violent crime the same, STD transmissions the same, ditto for teenage pregnancies, highschool dropouts, just about any metric I've ever researched.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Well, if people stopped trying to fit their lives into a small mold that has outlived it usefulness, maybe they wouldn't get all het up and anxious? Or feel homicidal enough to decide to destroy those they perceive as endangering their especial emotional dependencies as this boy certainly did in Connecticut. Jealousy will drive people mad not lack of practicing an outdated ceremony that was only there to keep the local tribe from multiple partners & inappropriate relations. You may choose to believe that civilization must corner itself into emotional bondage in order to control itself but that is no longer desired or sensible.

However, to use such an example to attempt sympathy for a pro-'gay mirage' stance is rather gross... and foully desperate. But why let a tragedy go to waste? Go ahead, parse respectability since that is what marriage is all about really. Old maids & whoremongers are a good start when presenting stereotypes... and their deranged spawn. James Holmes has still-married parents who seem well-adjusted.

This 'family unit' you refer to has been broken for some time. The reasons for its propagation are no longer valid. One person does not need to yoke themselves to another based on perceived gender weaknesses/dependencies, hereditary legitimacy, social validity/religious acceptance, economic servitude, etc. If people could embrace the fact that others they may care so much about aren't property or tools to obtain proper-looking lives we'd have far less confusion & emotional madness. 'What's mine is mine'- the whole business revolves around property rights and a proprietal society!

Developed cultures know that this marriage thing is no longer beneficial in the realm of personal relations, which is why they are giving up on adhering to the tenets of these old habits. The society that once depended upon them has changed- drastically. But old addictions are hard to dump since they connote comfort in a known familiar, a comfort that isn't destroyed by the availability of others in orgiastic proportions but the fact that people have no interest in some imperative to be perpetually linked to someone they no longer care about as a means to be 'normal'. But society needs to keep a face that is constantly slipping...

These shootings that everyone is so fascinated by, particularly this most recent tragedy, during this lovely and most busy holiday season are just the ordinary, usual goings-on of human nature. But envy of others and the fear of being tossed aside are relevant to the discussion of 'marriage' only in that if folks didn't get so thoroughly trained to believe they must trap & secure to legally tether emotional love from another there would be one less reason for those already suffering duress to go that extra step to obtain full-fledged vengeance.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Wouldn't that be an argument in favor of gay marriage? If health of the family unit and marriage is important to society, why wouldn't it make sense to allow as many people as possible to get married?
No.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
I guess according to nazi pope logic, it's only okay when you diddle them young.

Pope says future of mankind at stake over gay marriage - Telegraph
Godwin's Law

Old 12-21-2012, 02:51 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
I pay over $9000 a year in property taxes to support a school system that I will never use because we chose not to have children.
You have the option to move to a less expensive area. Gays cannot change who they are.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:41 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,637 times
Quote:
Talk about bigoted. Just because he was born in Germany you call him a Nazi? How ignorant can you be? is there a limit?

I think he is very consistent with the teaching of the Catholic Church.

Next time you want to spread hate about the Catholic Church why don't you check into the good that Catholic Charities does in the world? No other religion comes close.

What a hateful, POS this thread is.
I'm with you here. I think the OP is a bigot and a racist. Being from Germany I take offense in calling the Pope a Nazi because he is German. He simply supports conservative values, nothing wrong with that. You can disagree, but don't call him names.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:41 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
You have exactly the same rights as heterosexuals. You just choose to not exercise them by being in a homosexual relationship. What rights as an individual do you lose by being a couple?
It is the rights and benefits that you get and we are denied. Do not through in that I as a gay man can marry a woman. That is a dead horse and unfair to both parties and their families. Why do you get to get married and get 1049 rights, benefits and privelages granted by the federal government, recognized by every state, do not have to have children, do not have to be fertile, do not have to even be religious and the only qualifying factor going for you is that you be straight, you can even be senior citizens and do it over and over and over and over and over as many times as you can afford to divorce each other, yet we just on one factor, we are gay, and we are denied all of those 1049 rights, cannot even get them with the application of an lawyer. Those are loss of our tax dollars that help support they system and a loss of fair return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies