Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 AM

70 posts, read 106,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
You don't think the President or any other parent would do whatever they have to in order to save their child? It may be the Country's policy but that doesn't mean it's going to be the President's if their child is kidnapped.

BTW the concept of not negotiating with terrorists is out the window. The current Administration has negotiated with The Taliban. Regan negotiated with Iran. The Bush admin bribed Sunni "insurgent" leaders to stop bombing our troops and fight against Al-Queda.

The US negotiates with terrorists. A father, regardless of their position would most likely do the same.
He wouldnt risk the countrys safety for his childs. It would just make it that much harder on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
You don't think the President or any other parent would do whatever they have to in order to save their child? It may be the Country's policy but that doesn't mean it's going to be the President's if their child is kidnapped.

BTW the concept of not negotiating with terrorists is out the window. The current Administration has negotiated with The Taliban. Regan negotiated with Iran. The Bush admin bribed Sunni "insurgent" leaders to stop bombing our troops and fight against Al-Queda.

The US negotiates with terrorists. A father, regardless of their position would most likely do the same.
and when regan was in... the taliban was our friends, we sold them missels and guns, the same ones used on us today.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:29 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Unless/until a teacher goes crazy and shoots up the class. Or until a faculty dispute erupts into violence and some disgruntled teacher turns a gun on a co-worker. Or until a teacher is fired and decides to take it out on everyone else.

Those scenarios are more likely than another random Adam Lanza walking into an elementary school.
You have failed to back up your assertion of the likliehood of such occurrences.

Not to mention that a trained, and permitted teacher carrying a concealed weapon would not use the weapon for nefarious purposes.

You gun grabbers don't understand that.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaComm View Post
Will do, my point was simple, A few selected faculty members to be armed all day, they would pass a psychological eval and would have already shown their intent on the protection of your children.
If the idea of well-regulated militia is to be imposed on schools, I think you'd agree with could use the same idea on the society as well?

The other question is, who would be held accountable for even one death of a child, accidental or otherwise, if there is one involved from this program? Besides, we don't seem to have the money to spend on education, yet we want to buy guns on tax dollars. Idiocy.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,940,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ms. Soto at Sandy Hook Elementary certainly was in harms way.

So was Mr. Sanderson at Columbine High School.

I only cited them because I don't think that it is neccesary for me to list every faculty member killed in a a school shooting to demonstrate that teachers are in harms way everyday that they walk into the school.
Once again you go to the extreme. My parents were teachers for 40+ years. Never had a school shooting. I have a friend who is a cop. Been so for 3 years. Involved in multiple shootings. He expects that. He's a freaking cop.

Once again your .0000001% of the time is an extreme and is ridiculous.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You have failed to back up your assertion of the likliehood of such occurrences.

Not to mention that a trained, and permitted teacher carrying a concealed weapon would not use the weapon for nefarious purposes.

You gun grabbers don't understand that.
It would rely on the psychiatric evaluation who is permitted to carry, my mother has a license to carry and she never pulled it on anyone over a dispute, she also spent 20 years 3 months and 13 days in the Air Force and would give her live in a second to protect this country... to protect you.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
He wouldnt risk the countrys safety for his childs. It would just make it that much harder on him.
Well since you can see the future could you get me tonight's Powerball numbers?

You have no clue what the President would do. Neither do I which is why I said probably but what do you think is harder....losing your Presidency or losing your child?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Once again you go to the extreme. My parents were teachers for 40+ years. Never had a school shooting. I have a friend who is a cop. Been so for 3 years. Involved in multiple shootings. He expects that. He's a freaking cop.

Once again your .0000001% of the time is an extreme and is ridiculous.
Your cop friend is either an anomaly or being misleading.

I don't know the exact percentage of cops who are shot - but it is rather small.

Contrary to popular perception, cops do not have the most dangerous job in America. That distinction goes to commercial fisherman, truck drivers, and tower climbers.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
and when regan was in... the taliban was our friends, we sold them missels and guns, the same ones used on us today.
Nice deflection. What does that have to do with the US not negotiating with terrorists?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If the idea of well-regulated militia is to be imposed on schools, I think you'd agree with could use the same idea on the society as well?

The other question is, who would be held accountable for even one death of a child, accidental or otherwise, if there is one involved from this program? Besides, we don't seem to have the money to spend on education, yet we want to buy guns on tax dollars. Idiocy.
well obviously the assailant would be held responsible, after all if it's not for the person who ran into the school with the sole intention of causing harm, there would be no situation in which a child would recieve injuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies