Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
REALLY!!!!!!!

Yes, the actors, many who are comedians, are just pretending, they aren't shooting real bullets. The victims are other actors, who don't really die.

Now if they called for strict regulation of blanks, than the thread would make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,399,012 times
How about this? The anti gunners like to claim that the 2nd amendment is outdated because the founders couldn't have envisioned modern arms.

So................

Then can we say that the 1st amendment is outdated because the founders couldn't have envisioned internet, TV and film? So given that maybe we should place restrictions and bans on certain media and entertainers? Maybe certain entertainers should go through a finger print, a mental test, and register themselves wth the government?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Yes, the actors, many who are comedians, are just pretending, they aren't shooting real bullets. The victims are other actors, who don't really die.

Now if they called for strict regulation of blanks, than the thread would make sense.
So the portrayal of violence in movies, games, music etc. has ZERO cultural impact on people to influence them to immitate what they see, resort to violence etc?

There have been studies on this....and um, during the Clinton presidency this was pushed with regards to adding parental advisories to music, video games and expanding the movie ratings.

You don't remember that?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:11 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
I can't watch the link from here. Who are some of the actors etc? THis should be good for a laugh.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The following video shows the hypocrisy of liberal actors taking an anti gun stance yet have glorified gun violence for their own financial gain.

Demand A Plan? Demand Celebrities Go ______ [Clean Version] - YouTube
I was going to say that: aren't these the same people who make the violent movies? I wish no one would have given them the satisfaction of showing the video...but you know the media!!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 02:22 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Those are not real bullets in the movies, it's all fake. They weren't really shooting people, red paint.

Not to mention that half of the celebrities in the clip have appeared in comedic roles
When you're glorifying gun violence to line your own pockets I think you need consider what you may be doing to contribute to the issue, don't you think?

Having said that I don't necessarily buy into the violence in movies and games leads to more violence. The issue I see is the hypocrisy, Hollywood needs to clean up its own act before it starts pointing fingers at others.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:23 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So the portrayal of violence in movies, games, music etc. has ZERO cultural impact on people to influence them to immitate what they see, resort to violence etc?

There have been studies on this....and um, during the Clinton presidency this was pushed with regards to adding parental advisories to music, video games and expanding the movie ratings.

You don't remember that?
Silly to blame comedians, video games, and music for violence committed by mentally unstable people.

Do you want to ban movies now?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
I can't watch the link from here. Who are some of the actors etc? THis should be good for a laugh.
jamie foxx, Jessica Alba, Cameron Diaz, Victor Cruz, Selena Gomez, as well as several other actors appeared in the PSA demanding Washington to require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America, in addition to a ban on assault weapons and tighter federal restrictions on gun trafficking.

Read more: Celebrities Demand Gun Control, New Video Calls Them Hypocrites | Fox News Latino

Funny ..............
Jamie Foxx, one of the actors featured in the PSA, as well as the lead actor for the new film, “Django Unchained,” previously acknowledged violent movies might “influence” crime.

Yet he has no problem making millions off of said and acknowledged violence

Read more: Celebrities Demand Gun Control, New Video Calls Them Hypocrites | Fox News Latino

Old 01-03-2013, 03:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:

i can't believe you seem to see nothing wrong with this nor do you seem to think they are a bunch of hypocrits. .Of course they are not bullets, and of course it isn't blood, evern those lacking intelligence realizes that, but violence on the screen, real or make believe contributes to our violent culture, especially when our youth get it thrown in their face dally, just like too much sex affects how the think...

Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:

You don't remember that?
Your very right, i have a dear friend a very good friend who is a shrink. We talk about many things and what provokes certain people.

She has told me, someone who is on the brink, of being pushed to do an inthinkable act. Will definitely get ideas from videos and movies, someone who is a crackpot, as she tells me. Will have more of that inkling after watching certain violent movies and videio games, not me talking her.

As she has put it to me, because i have grandchildren. Is that movies, games, videos, certain music and words, are an influencer.

The way she put it, some people only need a wee bit of a push.

We cannot make provisions for actors and actresses, who are the biggest hypocrites out there.

I don't take them serious at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies