Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,882,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are very naive if you think the US military won't attack domestic terrorists which would be those that are from here and attacking this country.
Would you consider a private citizen defending his property, by force, from a government confiscating his firearms and stripping his 2nd amendment rights a "domestic terrorist"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You're the only one talking about attacking this country, why don't you explain your irrational comments to the rest of us.
HAHA, silly you, I don't see our own military attacking our own country, nor am I saying I want to attack my own country. But if a gun nut thinks that they can start a civil war of sorts, then they have another thing coming to them which will put them on the losing end big time.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I have been reading on here, recently, more and more threats, intimations and references to the civil war that is going to happen if stricter gun control is enforced in this country.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
So people willing to die to stand for something are "mentally unstable"??

Well, we are run by a body of about 1,500 people that has no problem sending tens of thousands of people to kill tens of thousands of other people, and dying in the process, for what they believe in.

So, we are run by a bunch of mentally unstable people. And you have no problems letting them carry guns, tanks, warheads, drones and all other assorted types of assault weaponry.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,576,582 times
It's fantasy of course. A satisfying one for these people, certainly: the ultimate revenge against all the egghead effete coastal elites who look down their over-educated noses at them and their fly-over culture.

But certainly, if such bans were ever introduced in law, the vast majority would simply obey, grudgingly perhaps, but obey all the same. A small minority would actually resist, but their "civil war" would begin and end with a SWAT team, clouds of teargas, a long prison sentence and miserable obscurity.

A perp walk in an orange jumpsuit is something much more ignoble than a dream of Marse Robert astride Traveler raising his hat in salute while the Stars and Bars ripple in the breeze and the brave battalions in butternut serge rush the Federal lines.

But yes, the fact that so many seem to entertain these Armageddon fantasies does strongly suggest that gun ownership is for them a symptom of a psychosis.

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You, like many others assume that US military members would attack their own people, which most would not. In addition, maybe you should ask the terrorist we've been fighting in Afghanistan for years how they've been successful against that trillion dollar US military. We haven't exactly seen a victory over there you know.
We haven't seen a victory because the military wasn't designed to set up a government and a society. If we were just using our military to wipe out Afghanistan, it would of already been done.

14,888 posts, read 10,045,915 times
Quote:
You are very naive if you think the US military won't attack domestic terrorists which would be those that are from here and attacking this country.
Quote:
HAHA, silly you, I don't see our own military attacking our own country, nor am I saying I want to attack my own country. But if a gun nut thinks that they can start a civil war of sorts, then they have another thing coming to them which will put them on the losing end big time.
Are you drinking?

8,949 posts, read 12,144,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have done nothing illegal but the grabbers want to limit all of us to 10 round magazines and the one I bought about a month ago holds 14 rounds. I will become a felon the day they cut us down to 10 but I may forget and put in 12 or 14 and that would make me a criminal.

Most of the "grabbers" here really don't know what it is that they want to grab but they do believe in complete control up to and including confiscation.
I am talking about mental instability. Let's say, for example, Roy, that you were delusional. Let's pretend for a moment that you believed all sorts of imaginary things that aren't true. These are signs of mental illness. It's delusional thinking...

If you are delusional and cannot discern between what is factual, and what you wish to be true, you shouldn't own any gun with any clip. If you were, in fact, delusional, Roy, you would not be responsible enough to own a gun. Your behavior would be too unpredictable.

Perhaps you would believe that a police officer on your front lawn were an 'invader'. Perhaps you'd shoot at a neighbor who believed differently than you did.

That, would be, of course if you were delusional, Roy, and believed all sorts of conspira.....never mind.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:13 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Quote:
What's really disturbing is that you clearly recognize how powerful the state is. Yet you seem to find comfort in it. If a coalition of "gun nuts" cannot achieve a coup. Then who can?

You are pretty much ceding to us being a police state.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:13 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,576,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Would you consider a private citizen defending his property, by force, from a government confiscating his firearms and stripping his 2nd amendment rights a "domestic terrorist"?
No, nothing so grand. Merely a criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies