Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,581,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Right, because the local police simply cannot wait to go house to house in rural areas in an attempt to confiscate legally purchased and owned firearms. I'm sure they dream about it at night, right after root canals and going to the DMV.
If local police forces don't feel capable of handling a threat to public order, they can always call in other, more specialized, organizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 PM

266 posts, read 402,971 times
There are some real fruit loops here tonight.

46,001 posts, read 35,251,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Right, because the local police simply cannot wait to go house to house in rural areas in an attempt to confiscate legally purchased and owned firearms. I'm sure they dream about it at night, right after root canals and going to the DMV.
Actually I went to the DMV today and it was quite pleasant. Which the rest of your post adds to my point, no one is coming to confiscate anyone's guns...only the fearful gun nuts think that people are coming for their guns...and people like that probably shouldn't own a gun in the first place.

2,117 posts, read 1,884,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
C'mon, boys! Show these yellow-bellied Feds how real men die! Follow me! Yeeeehaw! Et cetera.
Very smart post. I'm impressed.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,060,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Many of them ended their lives destitute, jailed, homeless, and with their families and fortunes gone. IIRC, a couple were executed. Have at it.
Sounds like the perfect Democratic voter to me, I have no intention of living my life out like a liberal.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,083,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
But lets be honest, no one in this country is going to succeed or start a civil war.
Keep pushing.

Your side will be the ones to leave....or be imprisoned for treason against he constitution.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
U gave a scenario, and asked for an answer for that scenario.

That is my entire point. You want to call someone a domestic terrorist for defending their second amendment rights.
No, you are a domestic terrorist when you attack your own country when no one is coming to take away your guns.

Basically if any idiot thinks their own country won't attack them needs to go watch old footage of Waco, Tx and what their government was willing to do to their own citizens.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,279,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
This is a good question and I will try to give my point. I use weapons to provide immediate on site personal security. The products available are safe for me and for those in my area. A gun grab would not decrease crime and most likely would increase crime. Thus the security problem would remain and would likely increase. There are other solutions that are not as safe. No there will not be a civil war. This situation would be more like all of the other things that are banned in our society. For example look at drugs. The local cops tell me they cannot control drugs, even hard drugs. So guns would like drugs become the tools of the dark world. The folks attempting to ban guns are selling the idea of no guns equals safer world but that is just not reality.
Actually, international statistics show that the more available guns are in a society, the more gun violence there is in tat society as a result. Do some research. Don't parrot Wayne LaPierre.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,083,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
HAHA, silly you, I don't see our own military attacking our own country, nor am I saying I want to attack my own country. But if a gun nut thinks that they can start a civil war of sorts, then they have another thing coming to them which will put them on the losing end big time.
Ruby Ridge, Waco, Kent State , just to name a few.

Oh....and Powelton Village in Philly.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Keep pushing.

Your side will be the ones to leave....or be imprisoned for treason against he constitution.
For what? Upsetting the Cons? Maybe if the far-right have their way and turn our country into a Conservative wonderland where anyone who isn't Conservative is stripped of their rights like some Islamic Country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies