Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times

Advertisements

I must chime in with my story: a friend once purchased a rather fancy pick-up truck. He was very proud of it, and showed me the lined interior of the bed.

A bit later, I asked him if we could use his truck to haul a refrigerator. He was aghast. "No", he said, "It may scratch the bed up!" I told him that when I needed to haul some pillows, I would call him. He never did use that truck to haul anything whatsoever. I still have no idea why he bought it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I must chime in with my story: a friend once purchased a rather fancy pick-up truck. He was very proud of it, and showed me the lined interior of the bed.

A bit later, I asked him if we could use his truck to haul a refrigerator. He was aghast. "No", he said, "It may scratch the bed up!" I told him that when I needed to haul some pillows, I would call him. He never did use that truck to haul anything whatsoever. I still have no idea why he bought it.
If he had a lined bed, how could he scratch it?

BTW, I make extra money all the time, with my truck, hauling stuff for people just like you...

Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

I have an idea why he did... ...

Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If he had a lined bed, how could he scratch it?

BTW, I make extra money all the time, with my truck, hauling stuff for people just like you...

I ended up just carrying the refrigerator on my back. I was strong in those days.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,145 times
Default Men

Men don't care what they drive, and does not succumb to the pressures of society of what he would do if he was a man. Only insecure boys with no confidence attempt to fit into the little bubble society wants to keep them in.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 AM

19,644 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I would agree but also add that real men drive American trucks. Drivers of Nissans, Toyotas and the like have unbalanced estrogen in their bodies. They drive with the visor down even on cloudy days.
I remember the pretty boys used to drive Toyota trucks. They would try to steal the hot girls away from the Ford/Chevy guys. They were cheap and bad kissers.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That was a funny episode. Though this thread sort of proves that people driving pickup trucks can be just as smug and annoying as the mythical Prius-driving liberal San Franciscan stereotype.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM

438 posts, read 1,531,703 times
I could actually use a truck for work but none of them get good enough gas mileage. The day someone makes a truck that gets 30mpg I'll consider getting one.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
This thread really has nothing to do with politics or any sort of controversy... Why isn't it in the Psychology forum? Or do real men not go to the Psychology forum?
Seems to be generating plenty of controversy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
I could actually use a truck for work but none of them get good enough gas mileage. The day someone makes a truck that gets 30mpg I'll consider getting one.
I'm waiting for someone to finally come out with a half ton with a small diesel that knocks down 30 or better. If a 7000lb rig with "towing" gears can get better than 20, a 5000lb rig with highway gearing should be able to do it.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,696,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Men and women who work for trucking companies drive diesels.

Next!
Volkswagen actually makes some really great diesels now. Awesome fuel mileage on par with any hybrid. Incredibly clean compared to the diesels of yesteryear as well, thanks to new additive technology.

BMW also made a great diesel a few years ago for the US market, the 335d. I heard it got excellent low-end torque.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies