Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 12:20 AM

30,429 posts, read 52,056,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It makes me laugh that Liberals and Democrats don't care about everyone else paying higher taxes then scream when they don't get a tip.
Where does it say this server was a liberal/democrat? I must have missed that part.

P.S. If "everyone else" is paying higher taxes, so is that WORKING individual in the restaurant. I live in California too, but don't yet know if/how much my taxes are going up (actually get my first paycheck of 2013 in about 50 minutes). I am getting a raise in April, though, which should more than compensate for any slight tax increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,312,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Where does it say this server was a liberal/democrat? I must have missed that part.
The server is probably in the lower 47% of income earners, thus making her an Obamabot, I know, Fox news said so.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,287,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I love how when hardworking Americans are dissatisfied with the president, they like to take it out on young, hardworking women making about $22,000 a year.

That'll show Obama!
Finally someone said what i was thinking!

If you're so principled, and you're willing to stiff someone to make your point, don't be a coward and a lowlife and take it out on the lowest person on the totem pole. Stiffing a server is weak. Only a punk would do that.

If you really wanna make a splash based on your principles, do it big and refuse to pay the tab PERIOD! Stiff the owner if you've got some real guts. But targeting a lowly server is cowardly.

Of course, I'm not surprised at this man's defenders on here. It's totally the right wing m.o. to stick it to the little guy...being the gutless chumps you often find in their ranks.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,795,941 times
Quote:
How many tables does a waitress or waiter wait on in an hour?
What does that have to do with anything? Apparently you don't know anyone who worked as a waiter/waitress. People have put themselves through college working as waitstaff. Many single parents put food on the table for their children working as waitstaff. Many waitstaff support familes!!!!

Obviously you have never been to proper restaurants where there is table service and the dinnerware is not plastic or paper. You complain about people (apparently only democrats) living off the government and now you are complaining about people (apparently only democrats) who are waiters/waitresses who you seem to think are overpaid in their salary and they have the nerve to expect a tip?

I have a tip for you: stay away from restaurants where they provide service to their customers and where a "tip" is the "norm".

Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,847,733 times
tipping is a great avenue for ego-puffing, and that's what it's all about.

forcing the waitresses to be humble and servile in order to 'earn their money'.

and it's not too far a step for some customers to believe they have a right to offer the girl $20 for a BJ between courses; I mean it's an incentive right?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,804,449 times
Don't give me no ethical speech when you are guilty of voting to go after hard working Americans. No it is not ok to stiff the waitress but in your opinion it is ok to try to stiff your employer, educated people who also WORK, it's ok to vote to stiff them with higher taxes. Such hypocrites.

Ethical does not mean selective ethical so stop.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,312,198 times
Quote:
Don't give me no ethical speech when you are guilty of voting to go after hard working Americans. No it is not ok to stiff the waitress but in your opinion it is ok to try to stiff your employer, educated people who also WORK, it's ok to vote to stiff them with higher taxes. Such hypocrites.

If you are going to be ethical then be ethical not hypocritical.
His post wasn't about ethics but cowardice.

Some right wing douchebag is angry at Obama but takes it out on an easy target, that's a coward. But that's the MO of so many right wingers, pick on the lowest man on the totem pole.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,804,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What does that have to do with anything?
So typical of democrats, avoid answering the question.

SO HOW MANY tables does a server typically wait on in an hour.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,847,733 times
depends on the restaurant and time of day.

could be anything from 0 upwards.

is there a point to this question?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,795,941 times
Quote:
Your so emotional. I dislike people who attack "all" hard working Americans even those so called rich upper income people. ANd you democrats did everything you could to give them the shaft.

You detest people who "shaft" restaurant or servers? Why don't you answer my question. How many tables does a server typically serve in one hour?

Actually while I think of it welfare lifers should give up their welfare checks and pay more to people serving in our armed forces.
LOL. As if you aren't attacking hard working Americans, which would also include waiters and waitresses and their inflated salary you seem to think they are collecting. How do you know who is a democrat? Because someone doesn't see it YOUR way makes them a democrat? Here's a thought: maybe they are independent!!!!

How does someone give up their welfare check and PAY more to people?? No welfare check equals no money. What are they going to use as "payment", rocks??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies