Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
How was the previous post BS? If a guy loses his job it's a pretty safe bat he will lose his girl soon after. Women have hypergamy ingrained into their dna, men on the other hand don't We just care what you look like, not your status.
There's a lot of truth to this. I probably married over my head simply because I have always been good at making money. When guys my age were in college I was building houses and going to votech school for electrical and utility operations. I had a brand new truck paid for a 15K in the bank cash before I turned 21. I worked 10 hours a day building houses and my Dad paid me 10 bucks an hour to work on the farm, usually until 9 at night plus I did my school work. When I graduated, I started out at about 35K a year (1982) which was a pretty good job back then and my college grad buddies were lucky to get 25K.

Women love that, I had them hitting on me right and left. Success and money means a lot about the kind of person you are, that is if you work for it. If it's handed to you I think they think you are a douche like the guys do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Where pray tell do women exist that go after guys on their level or below? Most want a higher status guy. It's not a bad or good thing, it just is. That's how we evolved as a species. Intelligence^2 held a pretty good debate some time ago about why women were so unhappy and one of the agreements was that women will need to adjust their expectations in the future.
I disagree. All my married female friends are married to ugly men, some fat, some boring, one unhygienic. In my view, that's going WAY below their level.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have had a tough time trying to find a job over the past year and my fiancee has been the money maker of the house. She hasnt left me because I haven't been bringing in any money because she loves me. If a girl leaves you cause you lost your job it is because she never loved you in the first place and was the wrong girl for you.

My advice is find a girl who will love you for you, not love you for your money.
Please tell me how to do that, women are trained to chase security same way you chase sex. What would you tell that uneducated, single, childless 35 year old man who is lonely? Are you gonna tell him to

1. Go to school
2. Get a woman who loves him for him.

I'll wait

Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Please tell me how to do that, women are trained to chase security same way you chase sex. What would you tell that uneducated, single, childless 35 year old man who is lonely? Are you gonna tell him to

1. Go to school
2. Get a woman who loves him for him.

I'll wait
I would tell him to get a therapist to help work out the issues he is clearly holding onto and then tell him to get an online dating profile seeing that is how the kids are dating these days. Oh and to go out and do things that make him happy and in that process one should find a partner that fits into that lifestyle.

Oh and if the person is uneducated, they should probably get their GED and maybe take a few classes at the local community college.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I would tell him to get a therapist to help work out the issues he is clearly holding onto and then tell him to get an online dating profile seeing that is how the kids are dating these days. Oh and to go out and do things that make him happy and in that process one should find a partner that fits into that lifestyle.

Oh and if the person is uneducated, they should probably get their GED and maybe take a few classes at the local community college.
So if he's uneducated he has "issues"? What issues? You're basically saying what the other guy was saying was that money is the main factor in women wanting men, not sex, not physical attraction but money. you realize that.

Women "expect" you to reach certain places by a certain age.

You do realize that. Nothing worse than the PC crowd trying to deny facts.

and btw, ONLINE DATING doesn't work for 80% of men. The women usually chase the "white guys" or the financially stable men.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
So if he's uneducated he has "issues"? What issues? You're basically saying what the other guy was saying was that money is the main factor in women wanting men, not sex, not physical attraction but money. you realize that.

Women "expect" you to reach certain places by a certain age.

You do realize that. Nothing worse than the PC crowd trying to deny facts.

and btw, ONLINE DATING doesn't work for 80% of men. The women usually chase the "white guys" or the financially stable men.
You mentioned this fictional person was 35 and lonely, one shouldn't be lonely just because they aren't in a relationship, therefore there is a good chance the person could use the help of a therapist to work through any issues they might have.

Well where am I suppose to be? I am 35, just getting married, no kids, and no where near where I want to be with a career. You need to stop living by the idea that there are these goals you must reach at certain ages, that is what is holding you back in life, your goals need to evolve with you as you age and things in life change.

There are also online dating sites for non-white people, and if your profile sounds boring or creepy, the girl is gonna think you are boring or creepy. Always have a girl you know read over it for you and get her opinion.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
You mentioned this fictional person was 35 and lonely, one shouldn't be lonely just because they aren't in a relationship, therefore there is a good chance the person could use the help of a therapist to work through any issues they might have.

Well where am I suppose to be? I am 35, just getting married, no kids, and no where near where I want to be with a career. You need to stop living by the idea that there are these goals you must reach at certain ages, that is what is holding you back in life, your goals need to evolve with you as you age and things in life change.

There are also online dating sites for non-white people, and if your profile sounds boring or creepy, the girl is gonna think you are boring or creepy. Always have a girl you know read over it for you and get her opinion.
So what's you're financial position? you can pm me..

Over 40k
Under 40k

What's your education?

You're telling me a 35 year old man with a high school diploma and alot of $10 dollar a hour jobs can get a "woman"...

btw I'm over 35 this is a example... I have plenty of friends in this situation.

Please go on.

btw, women like excitement, tend to stay away from men who come off as loners...

It's a couple threads at the relationships forum speaking on online dating and why for most men it's just worthless, you should read them.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
So what's you're financial position? you can pm me..

Over 40k
Under 40k

What's your education?

You're telling me a 35 year old man with a high school diploma and alot of $10 dollar a hour jobs can get a "woman"...

btw I'm over 35 this is a example... I have plenty of friends in this situation.

Please go on.

btw, women like excitement, tend to stay away from men who come off as loners...

It's a couple threads at the relationships forum speaking on online dating and why for most men it's just worthless, you should read them.
Well currently I have zero dollars for an income because I haven't started my new job yet. Before this, when I met my fiancee, I had a minimum wage job, but it was a tip based job so I was making about $35K.

My education is a BS in Architecture and I have been thinking about getting my Masters in Construction Management because if this year has proven anything to me, it is that even in nyc it is near impossible to find an architecture job.

Doing stuff that make you happy doesn't make you a loner. I enjoyed going to trivia night with my friends because it made me happy. There are lots of activities you can do with friends or alone that don't make you a loner. Heck, I made it a point to travel somewhere new twice a year with or without someone.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And while marriage rates decline for men/woman couples, the LGBT groups are fighting to get that legal privilege.
What one group shuns another group covets.

Maybe the LGBT group should see that, in today's society, marriage isn't all that cracked up to be.
They should be able to decide that for themselves instead of having society dictate to them that they can't get married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Interesting. There are all kinds of fads and this is a new one. Apparently they call themselves soushokukei danshi. I looked it up on wiki and it said this. According to some poll done in Japan, a lot of Japanese women are not interested in sex:

Many women refuse men that don't have steady jobs (such as the freeters and the NEET). Other women feel that self-proclaimed soushokukei danshi are weak and not masculine. Additionally, some men have considered themselves intimidated by more independent women, while others show little to no interest in the opposite sex. However, a poll of 16-19 year old women found that 59% were uninterested in sex, considerably higher than the male poll.
That's me! Totally uninterested in sex.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Well currently I have zero dollars for an income because I haven't started my new job yet. Before this, when I met my fiancee, I had a minimum wage job, but it was a tip based job so I was making about $35K.

My education is a BS in Architecture and I have been thinking about getting my Masters in Construction Management because if this year has proven anything to me, it is that even in nyc it is near impossible to find an architecture job.

Doing stuff that make you happy doesn't make you a loner. I enjoyed going to trivia night with my friends because it made me happy. There are lots of activities you can do with friends or alone that don't make you a loner. Heck, I made it a point to travel somewhere new twice a year with or without someone.
35k for a job that requires no education isn't that bad, regardless when you met you made over 30 maybe 35 a year and you had some inspirations. You also had a degree a BS degree at that.
So you were basically a investment and you paid off to her.

I'm speaking very broke men over 30 with little education, that's what I see daily here in South Florida and in many other cities. These guys aren't wanted in that sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
They should be able to decide that for themselves instead of having society dictate to them that they can't get married.

That's me! Totally uninterested in sex.
Yes, many women decide to have sex when a man is worthy of it, many don't even love sex like that, it's just a tool use to control at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies