Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 05:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So you choose to ignore any evidence that shows your beliefs are false or flawed.
No one has provided evidence which would cause me to believe your views.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL. Hardly!! The fact that you would even say that shows you don't know me at all... which is to be expected, since we're virtual strangers, but I'm actually laughing at the suggestion. Again, I am probably the exact opposite of "PC," and make more jokes about Jews & gays than most bigots.
Your behaviour here proves the opposite.

Quote:
Well, then I'll just call you a gratuitous quoter - but I notice you don't do that when speaking of "Christians."
Yes, I do, like the Cathoilic "religious" elite, and their rites, and works based Christianity etc.

Quote:
Soooooo, saying we're offended by the teachings of Jesus Christ, and supposedly murdered him for it doesn't = hating Christianity? Okay, if you say so
You = The L&G supporters

Them (who killed Jesus) = Those religious Jewish elite at Biblical times who were offended by His teachings.

You DOES NOT = Jews

Don't try to twist my words into meaning "Jews today hate Christians". That is a complete lie.

Being offended by the Gospel has nothing to do with being a Jews, Gentile, muslim or anything else. People are offended by it. Period. Those two ladies were most likey not Jews, but they were offended by it. I used to be offended by it when I was still an unbeliever, and I was never a Jew.

Why are you making this about Jews? I am tired of your sensitivities about every single issue. You are practically looking for ways to be offended, and when you can't find one, you invent one, like your anti-Semitic BS.

Final post to you.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,409,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one has provided evidence which would cause me to believe your views.
I doubt if Paul himself came back and told you what he was writing about in Romans 1 that you would believe him.

As I have already posted but you clearly ignored: Most 'reputable' scholars disagree with you, as do the early church fathers like Clement of Alexandria (150-215 A.D), Augustine (354-430 A.D) and Anastasius (about 400 A.D) who all wrote that the women were having anal sex with men.

eg:
St Augustine (354–430 C.E.)
"But if one has relations even with one’s wife in a part of the body which was not made for begetting children, such relations are against nature and indecent. In fact, the same apostle earlier said the same thing about the women, For their women exchanged natural relations for those which are against nature (Rom 1:26).

Augustine, Marriage and Desire 20.35 (trans. Roland Teske; ed. John E Rotelle; Answer to the Pelagians, II; New York: New City Press, 1990), 75-76.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:18 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,245,775 times
Those two women weren't offended by the gospel, they were offended at a busybody sticking his nose where it didn't belong and claiming they were harming others. They were offended by the busybody transferring his personal family issues on to them.

How would you feel if I threw my PERSONAL religion at you based on the fact that you were a christian, and my sister became a christian and wouldn't speak to me anymore? He is upset over his relationship with his daughter, which he probably ruined with his attitude, and taking it out on other people.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:22 AM

Quote:
You are practically looking for ways to be offended,
Your posts in this thread show you are literally looking for ways to feel persecuted and hated. Kind of sad and pathetic really.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,794,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
I agree. If I was a business owner I wouldn't mind serving and taking money from homosexuals. But I wouldn't tolerate public affection at all.
I fixed your post for you.

When would your intolerance kick in? After they paid their bill and left a tip??

BTW, would that principle of yours apply to everyone regardless if they are gay? Would that include straight people who show any public affection? I sure hope it would apply to everyone, otherwise you would prove yourself to be a bigot.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,360,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The sad thing is, no matter how offensive he comes off, he still thinks he's inline with God, and all of us are wrong. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Make people despise your views and criticize you by expressing hatred and ignorance, and then declare, "Jesus said I'd be persecuted for my beliefs, I must be doing something right!"

Fundies cannot be argued with. They are irrational.
I agree with this. I have someone in my family who is a fundamentalist. It's like talking to a wall. Any "negative" thing you say to them is proof positive that they are being persecuted just like Jesus was.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:45 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,794,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I can't speak for Fiyero, but when I argue on these forums with a "fundie" (or extremist of any kind), it's not because I think they will change their minds... it's because I cannot allow them run their mouths without some opposition, and I also like getting the TRUTHS out there for anyone else who is reading. I know people like Finn will believe whatever they want, but if you let them spew bigotry without opposition, they will either think everyone agrees and/or is afraid to argue.
Can't rep you again - need to spread it around.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 AM

6,812 posts, read 6,967,039 times
Quote:
He was only doing what he felt he was called to do, but some people are so easily offended that you can't say anything without offending them. But who knows, maybe one day these ladies will remember his words and seek God.
Not like that, they won't. "Christians" have done more to drive people away from God than any other group with their intolerant, judgemental, self righteous attitude.

A true Christian would not have gone out of their way to compose and deliver that note. Rather, he would have found a way to befriend them and show, over time, BY EXAMPLE AND ACTIONS God's love through him.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Not like that, they won't. "Christians" have done more to drive people away from God than any other group with their intolerant, judgemental, self righteous attitude.

A true Christian would not have gone out of their way to compose and deliver that note. Rather, he would have found a way to befriend them and show, over time, BY EXAMPLE AND ACTIONS God's love through him.
I think many Fundys think that being a "Christian" is worshipping the Bible (which most have never read the whole way through - they think it has no errors and never seem to know what's in it. ) and judging everyone who doesn't think the same fearful, narrow and intolerant way they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies